main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Forbidden Love" Trailer Discussion - Reactions

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by MasterYodaSkywalker, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THX_Princess

THX_Princess Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    You must also remember that Vader's voice was mechanized. :)

I don't know about the rest of the female teenage population, but I was far more interested in the action sequences. :D

2. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    Anakin at this moment in time doesn't have Darth Vader's arrogance. After AOTC though, we'll see a change in him. He'll bring this arrogance out. He's already showing a bit of it, specially saying he should be the most powerful Jedi in the universe.

3. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I don't mind if Ep II is going to be really romantic and sweet because it'll make the next one that more darker and tragic. I like that first shot of Anakin from behind looking out over the balcony. A nice echo of Vader looking off into space on the Super Star Destroyer bridge in TESB.

4. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    There looks to be plenty of darkness in this one guys. I wouldn't let the fact that 75% of teaser is devoted to the love story get you down.

Personally I'd like to see the love story, but hey. You have Dooku, Fett, Angry Anakin, people being chained up and slashing Sand People.

It's gonna be cool.

5. GS335

GS335 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2001
    Hayden will be fine, you will see once the movie is out. Once all the scenes will be shown in its entirely, people will have a better reaction.

I think that people are being too critical on Hayden, and seem to not like the guy, as I've noticed with every actor to play Anakin. The guy is a good actor, and if you've seen LAAH, you will see why many critics (whom are experts in critiquing movies and the performance of the actors) are giving Hayden the thumbs up. He is going to shine in this movie, and whether people want to admit it or not, he is going to steal the show. I just have a strong feeling about this, thats all.

And BTW, Anakin is suppose to be different from vader, since he is still a good guy in this movie. You only will get hints of his darkside. If some people would stop comparing him to what we see in the OT, than you will feel a lot better. We will be watching his transition from a good guy to darth vader.

God bless :)

6. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    What we really need to see here (and what I have a feeling we will see) is not another two hours of "the sweetest boy in the galaxy", but rather two hours of a young man in transition. No, he's not Vader yet. But obviously he's got to be seen on some level as moving that direction in AOTC. Darth Vader is such a violent, brutal individual that it will simply not be believable if Anakin is a good little chap until the moment he falls into the lava or whatever it ends up being. In TPM he was white, AOTC he should be moving through ever darkening shades of grey, Ep III he should finally arrive at black. I think this is roughly what we'll see.

7. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Can't..post.......too...excited...

:p
    [color=EEE4E4]-[/color]|
    [color=EEE4E4]-[/color]|
    *drool*

8. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    Upon seeing it for a 2nd time, I liked it much better. I think the dialogue that I thought was so cheesy really isn't.

Btw, who wants to bet that when Anakin says "It is ALL obiwans fault!" that his mother has just died.

I thought it at first, and when Padme says "You're not all powerful annie" that really clinched it for me.

If you edited the trailers together you could see the continuations of the same scenes.

I am highly stoked about this movie!

--Joey

Edit: Since I see someone under me already is asking, I will answer it now: PURE SPECULATION. That may not be true, but for me I am 80% or more sure that was what the outburst was directed at.

9. Patrick Russell

Jul 9, 1998
    That was pure speculation about the context for Anakin's outburst... right?

10. TheCaptain

TheCaptain Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 1999
    WOW! That trailer was freakin awesome!

I don't know what you folks are complaining about, that was the best dialouge ive seen in a star wars flick. George wasn't kidding that this one is going to be different, but it's going to be a great kind of different.
    Im very impressed with Hayden's acting, that was something that had me a little worried but not anymore.

11. LtKettch

LtKettch Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2000
    I think I like this trailer the best. And even though it's the "Forbidden Love" trailer, this is the one that convinced me that it's going to be a dark film.

If we can think about ESB objectively for a minute, it wasn't the action that made it a dark film. It was the emotion. Luke's emotions when he confronts Vader, Leia and Han's love, and their separation, the feeling of dread that we felt when Han was lowered into the Carbon Freeze and the music swelled. It was these less action packed moments that hightened the dark feeling of the film.

With the love story, what we see isn't a sweet teenage romance. Love is something that has the potential to tear one's world apart. It's apparent that falling in love with Padme is going to tear Anakin's life apart. It's the strains in relationships and the emotional outbursts that will make ATOC dark. Not the action.

I'm really looking forward to this movie. I can hardly wait.

12. Harlowe Thrombey

Harlowe Thrombey Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 1999
    I think the trailer was great. I'm so excited for May. This film looks like its going to carve a nice spot out for itself in the saga. It looks different, yet SWish. Anakin is going to rock. He is so hostile.

A couple of things: I think Hayden is going to be amazing. The love scenes don't play the best in the context of the trailer, but I think once you see them in order, with the music, and within the plot, it'll be great.

Some of the lines come off a little weird, but I don't think some of them fit the music that was playing. For instance, I think that the "You've grown more beautiful" line was supposed to be supercheese, just look at Captain Typho's (?) face when Anakin says it, he completely rolls his eyes, like, "Wow, that was horrible." So I think Lucas knew what he was doing with that line, its not supposed to be a smooth line or delivery. Any thoughts on this theory?

Does Dooku have a curved handle or blade? Does anyone have a clear capture of this? I'd love to see it.

13. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    That could be. Sometimes, lines are intentionally done poorly.

14. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    All pure speculation... I haven't been spoiled about any of these parts... (in fact, I know nothing about Tatooine in AOTC)

From Mystery and this trailer, I think that Anakin had to flee to Tatooine after being electrocuted by Force lightning. Maybe he was thinking that he should be able to defeat that guy, but couldn't because Obi-Wan was holding him back.

The last shot does look like a Tusken raider. I think the line from Mystery "It was just before dawn. They came out of nowhere" was referring to the raiders (it sounded like Owen - but I don't know if the guy who plays Owen sounds like that). I think that Anakin has to help defend the homestead and he gets angry and slashes at them.

15. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Well I will just keep it brief as so many people have already said great things about the Forbidden Love teaser. I thought it was absolutely fantastic. I was bowled over by SO many things in the trailer I don't even know where to begin. It was amazing seeing shots as beautiful as those by the lake or Ani and Padme in front of the waterfalls. I was really surprised by the garage in the Lars homestead and how it looks JUST like A New Hope. Simply amazing. The romance looks good, the acting looks GREAT, the action looks really fresh and exciting and all the characters seem much deeper than they were in Phantom Menace.

Bring it on, George, this movie is gonna rock!!

16. theTrueMolerocket

theTrueMolerocket Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2001
    Obi-Wan's headgear in the fighter (golden double band going halfway across his forehead) is very similar to amidala's double golden headband as she stands before the fireplace.

17. MasterYodaSkywalker

MasterYodaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2001
    Mmmm... hubris. :p

Looks like all that "tragic hero" stuff we were taught in English has "pratical" application. :)

-MasterYodaSkywalker

18. Patrick Russell

Jul 9, 1998
    "It's the strains in relationships and the emotional outbursts that will make ATOC dark. Not the action."

EXCELLENT point, Lt. Kettch! And this, IMHO, is why the script and acting for the romance scenes have got to beyond the level of "merely passable" which so much Star Wars dialogue tends to hover near. This doesn't just need to be great acting from Star Wars standards... it needs to be flat-out great acting PERIOD! A cheesed line here and there is about the most slack this material should allow itself, because it looks like the romance is, in fact, going to be the centerpiece of the movie. And much of it will take place without the benefit of action sequences or alien locations. Hell, the one scene is basically the two of them sitting on a grassy hill. That one will be all about the dialogue, period.

And in the end, it is these scenes which must provide most of the emotional darkness in this movie, either directly or in context of what we know Anakin becomes.

19. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    BTW, does anyone notice that that wide shot of all the troops marching into the landing craft or whatever are *battle droids* and not humans of any sort? I just thought I'd point that out...

20. Whask

Whask Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 1999
    Wow. What a trailer! The story line is back!There is actually feeling and emotion and characters to be excited for and care about.

The whole thing with Anakin sayinig Obi Wan is holding him back and the scene where he is about to cut someone in half is amazing. He looks extremely filled with anger, and wants to KILL whatever it is he is attacking!

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    look again, I'm pretty certain they are some kind of stormtrooper- mandalorian-kind-of-armor wearing soliders.

22. spacemonkey

spacemonkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2000
    One thing i noticed on the 2nd...err 50th vewing was what seems to be a different directoral approach by GL. There are some shots in there that are not typical of him but are awsome. the low angle shot f/ behind anakin for instince.

23. Steve1977

Steve1977 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    I love the trailer, absolutely love it but in ANH Obi-Wan remembers fondly Anakin Skywalker.....yet in TPM they hardly talked and in Episode 2 it seems they are always at odds with each other! (From the latest trailer)

24. theTrueMolerocket

theTrueMolerocket Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2001
    I HAVE edited all the trailers together, and it really doesn't give any extra insight. if you've followed the tfn main page and general rumors, the trailers give nothing new. there's naboo below the waterfalls, coruscant with a chase, tatooine with a search and some sadness/anger, a water planet with raised city, and seemingly a rocky planet with an asteroid field/rings. (in which jango fights obi-wan in his starfighter)

25. TheCaptain

TheCaptain Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 1999
    Disturbing this puzzle is :)

Actually I think TPM is going to serve as a great conduit for AOTC. I mean TPM was so light and you got the feeling that everything was cheesy and happy. Now when you see AOTC is going to seem darker still because of the comparitive lightheartedness of TPM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.