main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Force Awakens Artbook- Anakin's force ghost was originally in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord-Roy, Dec 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General_Cartman_Lee

General_Cartman_Lee Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    I thought the whole point of force ghosts was the irony that they were not available to dark side users who wanted the secret to everlasting life.

KSkywalker and whostheBossk like this.
  2. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    I'd like to see Anakin again.

It'd give Hayden Christensen a chance to redeem himself in the eyes of a certain portion of the fanbase. Redeemed like Vader. It's like poetry sort of, they rhyme. Every stanza kinda rhymes with the next one. Hopefully it'll work.

-LordSkywalker- and Force22 like this.
  3. opoitras19

opoitras19 Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2015
    In RotJ Anakin shows at the end.

Hes a good guy at the end of VI so why he would be a villain again?

Envoyé de mon HTC Desire 320 en utilisant Tapatalk

solrdzm and -LordSkywalker- like this.
  4. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    It may not have been a force ghost exactly but a vision of Anakin/Vader during the "force-back."

-LordSkywalker- likes this.
  5. solrdzm

solrdzm Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    I think this ghost would have been use like an hallucination or like Anakin's message to prevent Kylo's future because if Kylo feel the light is because the force wants to save him or may be Anakin wants to save him to prevent him and with this image Kylo could see his bad future but I have read that this idea was removed because it would've been too much information and personally I don't want see vader again I know that everyone wants to see Vader again because he's a loved character but an Anakin's force ghost would be more interesting to see like how Anakin's force ghost guides his offspring into the light,,, I believe that it's time to let Anakin character reappear but in the light way because we have seen him like a Jedi hero, like a villian but not like a wise Jedi , I have the feeling that Anakin would've been more that just only Darth Vader and just a vader ghost

Enviado desde mi SM-A500M mediante Tapatalk

6. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Beyond the Anakin Force ghost, the "Art of the Force Awakens" has a lot of interesting concepts. It documents pre-production ideas and how they developed. An early concept was that the ruins of Death Star II were underwater and Kira had to dive into the Emperor's throne room to retrieve a map. Also some insight into the development of Finn and Rey (initially Sam and Kira). There were also more elaborate ideas for Maz's planet. One painting shows a sea port. Another idea was for a crime city of smugglers and more exotic aliens. There were also ideas for new Resistance ships like J-wings and for modifications to the TIE fighters. I'm still looking through it. Some ideas wouldn't have worked, but some might get picked up for future movies.

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. ucdex

ucdex Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    There has to be a reason why no force ghosts could show up in TFA, assuming they ditched that idea.

Otherwise, i'd expect Yoda/Obi-wan at least to show up and try to stop Ben from sliding into madness.

Perhaps the force is constipated?

8. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I look forward to seeing how they handle this. I think Obi Wan should be a mixture of both Mcgregor'ss and Guiness's voices (like TFA) and have Ewan look like ROTJ Obi Wan and we see both Yoda and Anikan talk to Rey and Luke and Kylo. Like previously stated, some will illusions created by Snoke or whomever is the real villian.

9. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    We have a whole trilogy for these things to happen and fit in properly or at least in better ways instead of just being thrown in to do it. It's pointless for all these slightly considered plans to even be revealed. Finding out something wasn't in a movie you liked shouldn't change how you liked it.
    Everything Star Wars wasn't put in the first movie. All this reminds me of how people griped about Qui-Gon not disappearing, or the news that Billy Dee Williams hadn't been cast. Patience... for the Jedi it is time to eat as well.

10. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Force ghost Anakin wouldn't have worked unless Luke had a bigger part I think. I don't think he would have revealed himself to Kylo just yet either. Will be surprised if he's not in the next ones.

MeBeJedi likes this.
  11. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    I've considered that possibility as well.

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  12. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I believe Ren won't get a true vision of a Force ghost due to darksiders unable to see ghost. Rey will however get to commune with Anakin and that may be what gets his fanboy behind to the light side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.