main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Force Bonded Brothers (AU) Xani and Obi ( Complete.) Author note

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jacen200015, Oct 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Title: Force Bonded Brothers

Author: jacen200015

Timeframe: Begins when Obi is 2 years old.

Characters: Xanatos, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Yoda, etc

Genre: AU, adventure, angst, action,

Summary: Xanatos' dying friend tells him to take care of his brother for him. Can Xanatos overcome his sadness and anger in order to fulfill his friend's last wish?

Note:This is an AU sequel that begins from the last post of A brother's Destiny (about 50yrs before TPM)

Note 2: I'll have the first chapter up by Monday so while you wait you may want to read A brother's Destiny (about 50yrs before TPM) to get an idea of what's been happening. :D

2. Xanatos_of_Telos

Xanatos_of_Telos Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2003

Oh! Sounds good!

*Sits back and waits for more*

3. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Looks very promising. Cant wait to read it.

4. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I think this looks good also. I will need to read the other story also.
    So I had better get busy reading. :)

5. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    sounds like its going to be a good one, can't wait.

6. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    A brief review of what happened in ?A Brothers Destiny.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The story begins when Mahatma is about to have his 5th birthday. His mother discovers that she is somehow pregnant (Mahatma?s father had left them four months ago.) 9 month?s later Mahatma?s brother (Athanasius) is born.
    Their mother dies when Mahatma is 15 and they leave their home planet and go to Naboo where their mother?s friend lived. Mahatma marries Rosalind years later, the daughter of their mother?s friend. During all this Athanasius is being lured to the darkside by a Sith that is determined to get what he wants. Owen is born to Mahatma and Rosalind and two years later Mahatma takes him to the Temple. Owen and Xanatos meet and become fast friends. Mahatma requests help from Yoda concerning his brother but is told instead to look in the archives for information about who may be after them. Mahatma goes back to Naboo a few months later without Owen where he finds out from his wife that Athanasius, her father, mother, Athanasius? girlfriend (Ashia) along with Ashia?s parents are dead. Mahatma and Rosalind go to the Temple where Yoda startles Mahatma by asking Mahatma if he accepts Qui-Gon as his Master. He accepts and he trains as a Jedi for five years. At the end of five years Mahatma is disturbed that he and his family are being hunted. Xanatos finds out that they are leaving and announces that he?ll go with them. Yoda tells him that he can?t go and Xanatos openly accuses Yoda and leaves the room. A year later on Yavin Four Owen?s brother, Ben, is born. Two years later they are found by the Sith. Rosalind hides Ben while Owen goes to find his father only to see his father already battling the Sith. When Owen see?s that his father is in trouble he leaves his hiding place and gets the Sith?s attention. The Sith who in fact was Athanasius, now Darth Sidious shot Force lighting at Owen. Owen was rescued by his dad and he got away to safety. Mahatma was killed, Owen was left for dead and Rosalind was killed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That should be helpful for those of you that haven?t read it yet. :) The ?real? post will be posted sometime today.

7. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Yes that was an excellent summary. I am looking forward to this story and the other one.

8. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Owen moved slowly on all fours away from the duel. His body ached and tingled from the Force lighting. He hid himself in some bushes where he fell unconscious.

He woke up to a breaking dawn the next morning, using the Force to strengthen him he stood up and went where the duel had taken place. There he saw the still form of his father. He walked over and knelt at his father?s side, tears filling his eyes.

?Don?t cry son.?

Owen looked behind himself and saw the spirit form of his father.

?I am one with the Force now.? Mahatma said gently.

Owen blinked away his tears and stood up, ?what should I do now? I?m alone.?

?Your never alone son, I?m with you even in spirit form. The Force is with you and your brother. Now you must move quickly, Ben is in the hidden room under the temple. You need to go hitch a ride on the supply ship that is coming with the monthly supplies.?

Owen nodded his head as he heeded his father?s words. ?Yes father.?

Mahatma gave Owen a small smile before he disappeared, ?May the Force be With You.?

Owen picked up his father?s lightsaber and hooked it to his belt. Using the Force he lifted his father?s lifeless body and headed to the temple.

Once inside he laid Mahatma?s body next to his mother?s and then placed them in a small room. Wiping his tears away he headed underneath the temple and opened the door to the room. Immediately his sensation to the Force was cut off and Owen shivered as what he had known his whole life was blocked away from him.

He found Ben curled up with his blanket, his arm hugging his stuffed Bantha while at the same time sucking his thumb.
    Owen quietly walked up to him and carefully picked Ben up without waking him up. The Bantha fell out of Ben?s grasp and he whimpered slightly before grasping Owen?s shirt and fell back to sleep.

Owen carried Ben out of the room and once the Force came back to him he placed a sleep suggestion on Ben. They headed out into the woods to where the ship was scheduled to land.

Owen laid Ben on the ground to relieve his aching muscles. His vision swam and his muscles made slight spasms. The Force screamed a warning at Owen as a winged reptilian type bird swept down at Owen. Owen ducked out of the way and ignited his father?s lightsaber.

The vicious reptilian bird screeched as it flew at Owen again. Owen raised his lightsaber and grazed the reptilians bird?s scales. More screeching filled the air as more reptilian birds swept through the sky at him. ?What is this? A party?? Owen snorted and ducked away from one of the reptilian birds tail. Using the Force he formed a Force bubble around Ben while he fought off the reptilian birds.

2, 5, 8, 12, 16 reptilian birds now lay on the ground. Their purple blood oozed on the ground and made the ground sticky as the sun beat upon the carcasses.

Owen kicked at a reptilian bird and sent it sprawling into a rock. Still they kept coming. ?This is not good.? He stated just as a tail whipped him in the side. He hissed in pained and sliced the reptilian bird in half. With a great screech all the reptilian birds that were left flew away as the supply ship began to land.

Owen collapsed to the ground in exhaustion, his whole body sticky with sweat and blood dripping down his side. He released the Force bubble he had held around Ben and used it to help give him strength. He made his way to Ben and picked him up. ?Lets get out of here.? He said as he made his way onto the ship and stowed away.

Owen sat down with Ben in his arms in an empty storage hold that hadn?t been used in a long time, so it seemed by the strong musty smell. ?Ben, I?m going to alter your memories and Force signature. You?ll be safer if I do.? He told him even though Ben was asleep and completely unaware of what was going on.

Owen took a shaky breath before he proceeded into Ben?s mind and began to make changes and blocks in Ben?s memories. After Owen had finished he gave a weak smile at Ben and ran his fingers through Ben?s hair. ?All finished.?

Owen shivered as he settled down to sleep. Tomor

9. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003

Xanatos needs someone to help him. :( :( :(

10. Seraphena

Jul 20, 2003
    Sigh, great begining. Poor Xan :(

11. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I like it.

12. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Xani needs to let someone comfort him. And, I have a feeling that Ben will fill the void that Owen left.

Good beginning!

~Bek

13. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    cool.

I liked the way you interpreted the powers of the Force.

Using the Force he lifted his father?s lifeless body and headed to the temple....nice idea.

14. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Xanatos_son_of_Crion: Xanatos needs someone to help him.
    That is a fact.

Seraphena: Sigh, great begining. Poor Xan
    Yes, he needs a hug.

ZaraValinor: I like it.
    :) I hope you continue to enjoy it then. :D

Bekah_K: Xani needs to let someone comfort him. And, I have a feeling that Ben will fill the void that Owen left.

Good beginning!

Ben will, in time. :)

Keeper_of_Swords: cool.
    I liked the way you interpreted the powers of the Force.

Thanks.

The next post will be up by this afternoon.

15. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    That was wonderful. I actually feel sorry for Xani. (I always hated him in the JA series by Watson) But I like him in this story. You manage to show to me the friendship between him and Owen quite clearly. I also like how you described the way Owen cares for my little Obiwan. I have to admit that this is my favorite. I like seeing how my obiwan was as a very little child. Now I think I will go and comfort Xani.

16. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Thoughts
    *Flashbacks*
    [Bond]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day Xanatos stood before the funeral pyre that held Owen?s body. Yoda, Mace, Plo Koon, Qui-Gon, Yuixku-Lenia, Jelu-Huun and even Kaasjia was there.
    Yuixku-Lenia was Owen?s and his Crèche Master before Owen left the Temple and Qui-Gon had taken him on as a Padawan.

Mace handed Xanatos the torch to light the pyre giving him a reassuring look. Xanatos took the torch and stepped forward to the pyre. His heart ached as he looked at Owen?s face for the last time. He placed the torch on the pyre and stepped away. The flames spread out and began to burn the wood and body.

Qui-Gon stood off to the side as he watched Xanatos light the pyre, his own heart ached from Mahatma?s, Rosalind and Owen?s death. He kept a passive expression, keeping his emotions under control. He walked over to Xanatos after the funeral pyre was lit and stood beside him.

Xanatos felt his Master stand beside him yet he did not acknowledge his presence. He continued to stare at the flames that were devouring Owen?s body. He still felt the lingering remnants of the bond he had shared with Owen. Fresh grief welled up inside Xanatos as he thought back to when he and Owen had discovered their bond.
    They had been on a field trip when Owen was 5 years old and Owen had wandered off from the rest of the group into the jungle.

*Yuixku-Lenia recounted the group of initiates and frowned when she realized who was missing. ?Where is Owen? She asked them as they sat on the ground, watching her.
    It was early morning and they were just finishing breakfast. When Yuixku-Lenia felt something was wrong. They had just arrived yesterday on Moliu, where they would be given a lesson about the living Force. And what better place to learn about the living Force then a jungle moon that was sparsely settled?

Xanatos yawned and finished the last piece of his fruit. ?He?s probably still sleeping.? He responded, clearly not paying attention.

Yuixku-Lenia felt for Owen?s presence in the tents but did not find him. ?Finish your breakfast, I?ll be right back.? She told them as she headed to where there ship was.

Xanatos laid down where he was sitting and let the sun warm him up. A slight breeze brushed past him, carrying along different scents.

[Xani, where are you?]

Xanatos opened his eyes and sat up, looking around for Owen.

[Where is everybody?]

?Owen?? Xanatos asked when he didn?t see him.

One of the initiates gave him a funny expression before he left to dispose of his trash.

?What?? he asked, not understanding the look.

Kaasjia rolled her eyes at Xanatos, ?Owen is missing.?

?But I just heard him call me?? He commented in bewilderment.

Kaasjia shook her head and headed for her tent.

[Xani Help! I?m lost.]

Xanatos stood up and stretched out with the Force for Owen but couldn?t sense him. The Force prodded at him to concentrate and brought a lesson to mind about Force bonds. Closing his eyes he called out to Owen. [Owen where are you?]

[I?m somewhere in the jungle.] Owen responded.

Xanatos opened his eyes in wonderment and then ran off to find Master Yuixku-Lenia.*

They had found Owen a few hours later. When Xanatos and Owen were finally alone they talked about the discovery they had made. Xanatos smiled slightly at the memory and just as quickly as it had appeared his smile vanished.

?Come on Xanatos, let?s go get something to eat. I?ll let you have the day off today.? Qui-Gon told Xanatos softly.

Xanatos then noticed that they were alone in the room. Owen?s body was now nothing more then ashes. ?You can go on ahead. I?m not hungry right now.?

Qui-Gon attempted to send his padawan some comfort through their bond but found himself blocked. Concerned, yet knowing that his Padawan need some time by himself, he left the room without a word.

?Its all my fault, I should have found a way to go with you. I should have been there. None of this would have happened if I was there.? Xanatos said out loud, looking at the place whe

17. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003

:_| Poor Xanatos! :_| :_| We fell for you. :(

Little Obi-Wan was too cute! :)

18. Seraphena

Jul 20, 2003
    Obi-wan is darling, though Xanatos is definately great.

It is interesting to note that one can almost feel the rage and pain bottling up inside him.

Dooku was a surprise.

19. SockofCK

SockofCK Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2003
    I just love how you show little obiwan in this post also. He is so adorable. I was surprise also about Dooku.

20. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    His peaceful relaxation of enjoying the beauty of nature was ruined when he felt the darkside flow from somewhere in the temple. Tears filled his eyes as he clutched his head. He felt pain, yet the pain was not his own.

Looks like Owen wasn't the only one to share a bond with Xan. Looks as if he and Obi-Wan have developed one also, or is it a branch of the one Xan and Owen shared?

Eagerly awaiting more!

~Bek

21. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Xanatos_son_of_Crion: Yes, Obi is adorable isn't he? :)

Seraphena: It is interesting to note that one can almost feel the rage and pain bottling up inside him.

Yep. :D

SockofCK: and we'll be seeing more of Dooku in tommorrow's post.

Bekah_K: Looks like Owen wasn't the only one to share a bond with Xan. Looks as if he and Obi-Wan have developed one also, or is it a branch of the one Xan and Owen shared?

Either one i suppose. Depends on the way you look at it.

22. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Xanatos and Kaasjia circled each other in the middle of the gym, their training lightsabers ignited and ready to be used.

Xanatos made the first strike at Kaasjia?s side. She blocked it and spun to the right, going for Xanatos? shoulder. Xanatos anticipated her move blocked her lightsaber.

?You?re getting good.? Kaasjia grunted as she pushed against Xanatos? lightsaber blade then backed off.

?So are you.? Xanatos replied as he attacked again.

Kaasjia smirked as she flipped over Xanatos and he spun around to intercept her. ?Perhaps you will go on a mission soon??

Mission. Xanatos repeated to himself as a memory sprang to his mind.

*?When we are older and are chosen as Padawan?s we?ll get to go on missions.? Owen remarked as they watched the setting sun from a balcony.

Xanatos smiled and ruffled Owen?s hair, ?And when we are Knights the council may send both of us on the same mission.?

Owen smiled back at Xanatos, ?that?ll be so much fun.?

?It sure will be.? Xanatos confirmed.

?I dream about it every night, becoming a padawan, going on my first mission with my master, becoming a Knight and going on my first solo mission, best of all I dream of going on missions with you.? Owen told Xanatos with a content look on his face.

?They are the dreams of all initiates.? Xanatos stated, ?I do look forward to being on a mission with you.?

With their arms wrapped around each other they watched the sun finish its descent, each thinking about their dream of defending and helping the galaxy together.*

Xanatos faltered in his defense and Kaasjia scored the winning blow. Now that is all it is. A dream, a dream that will never come true.

?You lost your focus.? Kaasjia remarked and smirked as she disengaged her training lightsaber. ?You still didn?t answer my question, do you think you?ll be going on a mission soon?? she asked, completely missing Xanatos? change of mood.

Anger and rage flared through Xanatos as he Force pushed her hard against a wall. Feelings of incredible power flowed through him as he experienced the taste of the darkside. *?It was a Sith that had killed him.?* Owen?s words rang through his head as he began to revel into the darkside. Xanatos? eyes widened at what he was doing and desperately fought off the lure of the darkness that threatened to consume him. ?No!? he screamed and fled the room.

Qui-Gon saw Xanatos run out of the gym and ran to catch up to him, knowing something bad had happened.

Xanatos felt his Master begin to chase after him and used the Force to enhance his speed. [Forgive me.] He sent through their fledgling bond before he broke it.

[Forgive me.] Qui-Gon heard through their bond before he experienced the devastating loss of their bond. He stumbled slightly and stopped running altogether and watched as Xanatos disappeared from view. Xani what happened. he cried to himself. With shaky hands he contacted Master Yoda with his comlink.

Xanatos ran to a deserted balcony and looked down. It was about a good eighteen-foot drop. Looking across the balcony he saw a rooftop that was thirteen feet away. He dared not touch the Force after what had happened for fear of touching the darkside. He looked at the training lightsaber that he still held in his hand and began to reset the frequency with small tools he had in his belt. After he had finished making the modifications he drove the purple blade into the ground and cut a hole large enough for him to drop into.

He dropped into a dark room that Xanatos immediately deduced to be a closet or a storage room and preceded to cut another hole. After he had made a few drops he cut a hole in the wall to find that he was at ground level. Turning off his lightsaber he left the room and ran far away from the Temple.

~*~*~

?Grave this situation is, advise you I do that not go after him.? Yoda told Qui-Gon. ?In my garden you will meet. Talk we must.?

?Master Yoda, Xanatos is my padawan, I can?t just let him go.? Qui-Gon pressed.

?Broken his bond with you he has and left the Templ

23. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Man do you work fast. Wonderful, all of it.

24. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    I loved it. Again you did a great job in protraying little obiwan. My little obiwan going on his first mission. Its like a child going off to school for the first time. I will be interested in seeing why Obiwan must go with them.

Poor Xani. I feel so sorry for him. You did a good job in showing his feelings with the memories and the promise not to touch the darkside. Now that Dooku, oh I don't know what to do with him right now. and Mr. koon. my xani is not bad so you just sit down and be quiet.

I felt for Quigon. Xani breaking the bond. Yoda is right in someways, xani needs time to heal, but someone does need to go after him.

I think the creche masters just love with their precious little obiwan. Can I volunteer for creche duty. I promise to hold him, cuddle him, play with him. 8-}

25. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    Does Yoda know the importance that Obi will play in Xan's future?

Can't wait to see why Obi is being sent on a mission at his age.

More Please!

~Bek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.