main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Force Commander

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Does anyone have this game?

Myself, JP and ACE do.

Gave ACE a couple of games today - and JP has never played MP with me! But I love it in multiplayer and am keen to play more. And the lag wasn't bad at ALL with ACE so - people in NZ playing others in NZ should be fun.

I had almost given up on FC cause every game I have played it has lagged out (playing people from the UK or USA) but it seems good.

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I'm kind of put off playing strategy games because I've heard they take along time to learn, and are hideously addictive. Is that true?

3. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    FC takes a little to learn - cause the camera can be used in many different ways - this is what most people hate about FC. I personally love it!

Addictive? I spose - if you have the time. Me and ACE have just finished a game that we were playing for like 1 and a half hours - I was just building a masive army and it lagged out and quit the game! GRRRR!

4. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Great game till it went bung

5. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    Had it for over a year now.

Go to Lucasarts web-site from the start menu and download the patch (V 1.1). This should fix any 'lagging'.

If you have any questions about it feel free to ask. I've played the missions up as far as Escape from Kalaan, but usually I just play Skirmishes. They're quicker and more fun.

Yes it can be addictive.

6. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Hey Roff,

I have the patch - (still laggy at times)

want a game sometime?

7. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    My PC was a bit laggy too playing FC.
    It seemed to come right after up-ing my RAM.

SFL, love to play against/with you. However my ISP is giving me some grief. When I go to the MSN Gaming zone my connection keeps getting interrupted and my latency is crap.

BTW, I've lent my disks to a mate of mine and there's no guarantee when I'll have them back. :(

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I NEVER use the zone to play FC on. I tried when I first got FC (a year or more ago) and it was crap. Most guys are from the US or somewhere overseas and the ZONE itself is overseas so NZ latency is CRAP ANYWAY!

If we were to play we would play by IP address - best way! And if we want to - it better be before the 11th of Feb - as that's the day I leave my home/PC/games behind for at least a year.

:( :_| :_| :_|

9. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    you leaving auckland to go to uni?

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    as that's the day I leave my home/PC/games behind for at least a year.

Unless you plan on dropping out, shouldn't that read "at least 3 years"?

When I was at Lincoln Uni (admittedly 5 years ago), undergrads didn't have free internet access to non .nz sites. You had to pay per meg. I've told SFL to turn off images if he wants to surf these boards while down south, as the text portion of the page (all you really need) is pretty minimal size-wise.

11. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    It's almost essential to have a computer at uni these days. I don't know about the other places, but at Auckland you can't even enroll and get your exam results without a computer. Damn NDeva! *bashes NDeva into the ground with a stick.

NDeva is our enrolment program. Took me a month to learn to use.

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Seeing SFL is living on campus for at least the first year, there are plenty of computers around for him to use.

And the lack of "Jedi Knight" will no doubt be of benefit to his chances of passing his papers...

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
  14. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    I tried the demo but couldn't get past the loading stage, just got a copy of Galactic battlegrounds and its kinda fun. Love the wookies!!

15. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    the demo for FC is extrmemly hard - small amount of Comm Points and only a small limit of units - I cant waste that level in the game but not the demo. :p

16. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    Which level is the demo? I got FC as a Xmas pressie in 2000 and never downloaded the demo.

SFL: Hopefully get my disks back soon. [chucky_voice] You wanna play? [/chucky_voice]

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    the demo level is the first "road to rual (raul - i cant spell)" where you are placed in a small part of a canyon and you muct get around the long way and take back the computer complex. (the following level in the actual game is the beacon's one).

OOH OOH OOH PLAY? ME? OK OK OK!

18. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    ok Roff.

3:49pm Sunday - I'm home now.

I'm keen as mustard (as they say).

//begins tapping fingers on desk//

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Roff: I'ts 8pm - If you're on - post or PM me and we can organise the game.

20. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Well next time perhaps we should make it a little earlier - even trying to start at 8:30 we were still up at 11:30 trying to work it out

BAH!

Took me 2/3 of a 1.5l of coke and half a packet of Shortbread trying to get a game going :p

When's the next time you want to give this a try Roff?

Also, lag was pretty bad in the 2mins we did manage to get in game. Perhaps we try a different night to a Sunday.

21. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    Weesa tryin' again okeday?

Name the night and time.

PM me with your game settings. It helps if they are the same. Don't ask me why, but it does.

22. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    what "game settings"?

im free every night, though i am going away around the 20th of this month for a few days.

23. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    Things like your screen resolution, hardware or game cursor etc. (performance options in the start menu)

Try again Fri Sat or Sun?

24. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    we can try all nights until we get it if you want :p

my screen res doesnt have the slightest difference to your being able to join me or not in a MP game.

I'm officially confused.

[image=http://www.electromark.com/xp2/template_images/guest20020115033457.jpg]

25. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Don't need a warning sign to have figured THAT one out, sonny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.