1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:NZ Force Commander

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    lol, I know but this new sign making site is sweeet (and I figured out how to upload pics :p)
  2. Norrad_Roff Force Ghost

star 4
    SFL: If you have performance issues with FC on your 'puter when you are playing with yourself (or should that be "BY" yourself) and your games are always 'laggy' then if you get poor or bad network lag when you're online, then your games will end up being crap.

Using Lo-res textures and shutting down any real-time monitors or fire walls and other programs if you have a slowish PC on dail-up will help with some of the lag even if the network lag is poor or bad. And you should still have a reasonable sort of game.

Also I find that in-game chat (particularly if you are in the MSN gaming zone) slowed down game play (less chat more killing). Not that I use the zone anymore.

Still confused?

Like I said, don't ask me why, but it does work. And it also depends on what time of day or night you are on-line.

I only found this out by 'trail and error' not long after I started playing the game.

I know that it shouldn't make any difference but in my experience it does help to a degree.

*ends rant and runs around in circles bumping into furniture like a madman*
  3. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    SFL: If you have performance issues with FC on your 'puter when you are playing with yourself (or should that be "BY" yourself) and your games are always 'laggy' then if you get poor or bad network lag when you're online, then your games will end up being crap.

I dont have performace issues with my FC. FC works perfectly. Games are laggy through the net due to nomal lag reasons. I know they'll end up being crap - i've experienced it :p

Using Lo-res textures and shutting down any real-time monitors or fire walls and other programs if you have a slowish PC on dail-up will help with some of the lag even if the network lag is poor or bad. And you should still have a reasonable sort of game.

I close all web pages and all messengers, like MSN when playing because of lag reasons. I dont have a "firewall"

Also I find that in-game chat (particularly if you are in the MSN gaming zone) slowed down game play (less chat more killing). Not that I use the zone anymore.

The zone is **** - its distance causes lag even if you were to play your next door neighbour through it [face_plain]

Still confused?

I was confused at you wanting me to PM you my settings. I didnt know why you wanted to have the same settings - the quality of graphics etc i play FC on, on my PC has diddly squat to do with yours.

*bangs head on desk*
  4. Norrad_Roff Force Ghost

star 4
    Fine 8-}.

Then tell me why, when you hosted I kept getting kicked out, and when I hosted we could start up fine, and why you didn't persevere when we did play.

Even though the game said the network lag was poor to bad the game looked like it was playing fine at my end.

BTW, I didn't un-install/re-install FC.
  5. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It told me the game was "Out of sync" when this occurs we are effectively playing two completely different games.

at the zone that has happened to me and i continued playing. I blew the guys base and everything up and it said i won - i got back to the zone and talked to the guy and he told me he won - and he had blown my base up.

SCREWED!

so when i saw "out of sync" there was no point in continuing that game. Me and ACE have played recently without trouble - its not my FC nor my PC. I am baffled however.
  6. Norrad_Roff Force Ghost

star 4
  7. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    are you free tonight? Thursday 17th
  8. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Are you mad? The cricket's on tonight!

9. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    woohoo lets watch Australia come at us with more fire and anger than a sith lord who ate soggy WeetBix
  10. Norrad_Roff Force Ghost

star 4
    Tonight is not good.

Friday or Saturday nights are good. (No life you understand)
  11. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    excuse me? Playing SW based Computer game constitutes a "life" in my book.
  12. Norrad_Roff Force Ghost

star 4
    "Social life"

Tonight may not be all that great for me either. If I'm on-line later I'll give you a shout.

If not, I'll check here tomorrow (Sat) and we could organise one for Sat or Sun.
  13. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    sure!

you need either ICQ or MSN!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.