main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force Crystals...

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth_Vicious02, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Vicious02

Darth_Vicious02 Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2005
    Is there record anywhere of a Force Crystal enhancing a Force User's abilities?

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    The Kaiburr Crystal (has multiple spellings depending on the source) served that function. The only EU I know of about it is Splinter of the Mind's Eye, though it was featured fairly often in the early drafts of ANH.

3. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Or the tainted Artusian Crystals used by Desann's troops to become 'Reborn' (normal people suddenly granted power in the Force) The crystals were suffused with the power of the Valley of the Jedi, a battlground on the planet Ruusan where many Jedi and Sith were suddenly all killed at once.

This is from the Dark Forces: Jedi Knigt and Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast games featuring Kyle Katarn. :)

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    There are also numerous power-up items in the KOTOR series of games that enhance Force powers, but their authenticity is in question. The Kaiburr crystal is among these.

5. Darth_Vicious02

Darth_Vicious02 Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2005
    In respect to the enhancing of the Force User's abilities, how much does that entail? If you remember ESB, Vader deflects Solo's blaster bolts with his hands; could a bearer of such a Crystal reach near invincibility?

6. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I could be mistaken, but I do believe that Vader merely dissipated the energy bolts that Solo fired at him. It is my understanding that a Force user can do such a thing, should they be skilled enough, but not for any prolonged period of time. Meaning: a Force user could disipate a few bolts, as we saw Vader do, but one could not say...deflect the bolts of ten blasters at once.

~Vassago

7. Darth_Ziantor

Darth_Ziantor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 5, 2005
    In "I Jedi", Luke says that Vader was absorbing the bolts, much like Corran can do with kinetic energy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.