main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force Demons and the Cthulhu Mythos

Discussion in 'Literature' started by EJA, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EJA

EJA Jedi Knight

Apr 26, 2007
    Just wondering, is it possible that the ancient Force Demons from the story "The Pandora Effect", of which Wutzek was the last of his kind, were related in some way to the Cthulhu Mythos written about by H.P. Lovecraft on Earth? They sound suspiciously like spawn of Azathoth to me. Think about it.

2. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I'm starting to get the idea EJA's an LFL spy, checking out the general consensus on a possible relation between Earth and the GFFA, to see if perhaps they should pursue such a storyline.

No, please, no!
    A long time ago!
    A galaxy far, faaaaaaaaar away!

3. Darth_Sparhawk

Darth_Sparhawk Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2007
    Please, tell me that there are no dmonds in "Star Wars". Sith and Vong are REALLY enough.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

A serious horror-thriller is just what Star Wars needs. I have a storyline idea of it myself, but current matters take precedence. It's one thing to write scary and another to actually make it scary; the how you do it, not what you show, and that's a hard Vos to shave. And the editors won't allow that sort of maturity to roll off the printers, not so long as SW is teen targeted.

Jabba's weight, first lets see one scary villain let alone an entire 300 page book. [face_laugh]

5. EJA

EJA Jedi Knight

Apr 26, 2007
    I assure you I am not working for LFL. I suppose you could call me a creative mythographer, examining how various kinds of fiction could possibly relate to one another. I try to draw links between things like SW and the Cthulhu Mythos because it's fun and interesting to do so.

6. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    I would have liked to see more of Wuztuk, he was an interesting idea. What if he later appeared to menace the Galactic Alliance, and the only beings who could stop him were Tilotny and her extra-dimensional friends from another Alan Moore Star Wars story, Tilotny Throws a Shape (without a doubt, the weirdest story in Star Wars canon)? Moore is such an awesome writer, I'd like to see more of his stories referenced in modern EU. So many great characters and ideas; Clat the Shamer, the God of Droids, Nightmare Demons....

7. EJA

EJA Jedi Knight

Apr 26, 2007
    We don't really know what became of Wuztek after "The Pandora Effect", do we? Maybe he flew off to look for his daddy, Azathoth, or decided to hang out with Nyarlathotep and Yog-Sothoth for a while [face_mischief]

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I've heard of these stories, but I have no idea what they're about. Wookieepedia has very little on both of them. Anyone care to give a brief synopsis of the two?

9. Darth_Sparhawk

Darth_Sparhawk Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2007
    Add Freddy Krueger to Star Wars, will you?

10. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    To be fair, the charming and malevolent supernatural tempter role already DOES exist in Star Wars.

Sith spirits are demons for all intents and purposes.

Hell, they even are rebels against a holy host of warriors.

11. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Seconded.

Also, I doubt these "demons" were really demonic, supernatural beings, they're just referred to that way, like the "angels" and "demons" of Iego.

12. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    They're really, really random. Not in a bad way, but it's good that they're not canon.

I'll provide a synopsis later today or tomorrow (if no one else does first).

13. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    I'm all for it.

Ancient sleeping horrors from beyond time and space? Kriff yes.

I'm working on a fanfic (i have no idea when I'll post it) that basically identifies the Bogan as a Great Old One-type entity.

14. EJA

EJA Jedi Knight

Apr 26, 2007
    GO FOR IT, CERNSTORMRUNNER!! I, for one, would certainly love to see that.

15. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Freddy, Sparhawk? Hmph! Keep your American cliche. [face_talk_hand] I work creatively, and chasing monsters fits the coffin of Leia's hair buns. You need a new hair style, and the finition of monster is, however, entirely subjective. :p

Hey! Weren't there space creatures in Dark Lords of the Sith, myths that Keeto boy projectored? I really don't see why not. Vacuum organisms spacers rarely see becuase they live between stars . . . until you run into one of the starliner-size mums.

Klick-long Ithulian space bugs, too. That'd be scary.

16. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    In space...no one can hear you scream. Unless they have audio synthasizers in their cockpits.

17. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    I was thinking of how the Yuzzhan Vong's Gods could fit into the Cthulu Mythos. I added my interpretation of what clasical Greek/Roman god would best match as well:

Yun-Harla / Nyarlathotep / Hermes/Mercury
    Trickster Gods. Also, Nyarly is like Hermes in that he is a "messenger"

Yun-Yammka / Hastur or Cthulu / Aries/Mars
    This ones a bit shakey, and pretty much just based on the description of Yammka as being tentacled.

Yun-Ne'Shel / Shub-Niggurath / Demeter
    Yun-Ne'Shel is the Modeller and oversees natural life cycles.
    Shub-Niggurath seems to represent Birth and Life, however in relation to being a Mythos entity, she could be seen as a virus or a cancer

Yun-Yuuzhan - Azathoth?
    Yun-Q'Aah = ?
    Yun-Txiin = ?
    Yun-Shuno = Abhoth/Ubbo-Sathla?

18. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Does the Sarlaac count?

19. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Okay, well, Ulicus pointed out that I never made good on my promise. In penance, I shall help you all experience these two stories in a way no summary can possibly convey.

So, here goes, guys, the TTaS/TPE Experience. Follow these instructions carefully. To the letter.

1. Go into your basement. If you haven't a basement, go into your garage. If you haven't a garage or basement, go into your bathroom. If you haven't a bathroom, then you probably ought to consider selling that computer.

2. Find a can of paint. Paint thinner will work too. So will cleanser. Or rubber cement. Hell, just grab a random bottle of foul-smelling liquid.

3. Huff the paint/thinner/cleanser/whatever.

4. Enjoy.

20. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.