main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Force Friday" - Now Discussing 2017 - Possible Spoilers!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , May 3, 2015.

1. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Wave Two?

November.

There's talk though of October 3rd from many licensees including Hasbro of more stuff but nothing definitely has shown it's Wave Two.

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    so confused. So I see a couple of people got the Jyn Erso, 6" Black Series tonight. I was told by TRU that she is not out yet. So how do some people have it and I can't get it.

3. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Some stores do a Midnight event where the store opens at 12am.

Every other store should have already received theirs and they will be then either available or put out today- September 30th.
    If they are not out-usually I think they are going right at the big front display- then ask because they should have them.

Just got back from my local TRU and they had everything in good numbers, UK here so I wouldn't fear about not picking anything up. I did not see the exclusive Hovertank Captain six inch figure but they had every other for Wave One.

The 5poa also were well stocked and they are a lower price at £8 each, very much reasonable and I was tempted.

Argos had two figures- Sabine and K droid but they are £10 at Argos.

The Entertainer had a few as well for £8 but it pained me to see them next to two six inch Jabba's for £45, covered in dust.

Retail is dead and has no clue anymore.

Came home empty handed because it's mostly junk and I'll buy it at clearance if I need to.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I won't be in town til next week to check any local places but I will check Sainsburys on Sunday. They've just had a few older figures (Rebels/TFA) the last few weeks.

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005

that's where I was, at a TRU at Midnight last night. No Black Series Jyn Erso. I am starting to wonder if someone sniped them before they went on the floor. I was one of the first through the door last night, if she had been there I would have seen her. Today I went to the Disney store and got the Jyn Elite series. It is nice. I am in the midst of rearranging figures from one room to the next room, have run out of room.

6. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Nothing would surprise me. Although the Rogue One set seems to have several repacked figures (not totally sure about Kylo Ren, might be a new sculpt) and at least 2 repacked vehicles. At this point, I will only buy the vehicles which are unique to the set, I refuse to feed the cash cow and buy a repack of an item I already own.

On another note, I ran an errand to Target over my lunch. They have a neat AT-ACT display and this store had many of the same figures on sale. I noticed that Sabine Wren wasn't on any of the shelves there so I assume they either didn't get many cases of figures and Sabine was sold out already or that Sabine is the one which was short packed in this wave's cases and will be the hard to find one.

7. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Went out hunting today. Here's the breakdown:

Toys R US:
    I bought a TBS Cassian Andor. I don't think it'd be humanly possible to find one with better paint apps. The figure looks phenomenal! He was the lone TBS figure though. They were stocked on 3.75". I passed on them. Is it just me or are they way smaller than even the TFA figures? They seem tiny.

Target:
    They were pretty cleared out. They had some pops though, and I got two Jyn Imperial disguise exclusive pops! Once again, stocked full of 3.75". The two TBS figures were the updated Rey and Unmasked Kylo.

Barnes and Noble:
    Nada.

Wal-Mart:
    Maybe the most pitiful and disappointing stop of the night. They only got one case of 3.75" figures. That's it.

Meijers:
    Another very upsetting and lame stop. 3.75" as usual, but the extent of their TBS figures were the same 20 Finns and Zuvios they never clearances from nearly a year ago. They did however put out a new box that had FN-2187 and old Han. FN's eyes were orange for some reason?

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  8. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Swung by Walmart on the way home from work this morning and made a quick pass through the toy section to see what, if anything, they did. They had zilch R1 stuff in their set proper, but they had about six pallets/shippers pushed together at the front of the toy area. They had a Lego one, a dump bin full of SW Hot Wheels, one w/Kylo Ren lightsabers and an action figure one. The only one that had gotten any business was the action figure shipper. 3 3/4 were wiped pretty clean, and the 6" Black Series was down to about one of each character, save for the Deathtrooper, which I didn't see. If I had to take a guess, he'll be the hot one from this wave and Cassian will be the Finn.

I got a chuckle out of some signage posted that said something like "This is all the Star Wars merchandise we have", likely so that collectors wouldn't be asking if they had more in the back.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  9. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Seemed much smaller indeed. Trying to push collectors to the 6". Not going to work on me.

Spent week before "Force/Rogue Friday" looking to purchase figures put out early. Wal-Mart was the only place to do this. I tried at the register three times to be told "we can't sell it, maybe a recall". I did snag a few Ashoka TBS since they were in the system.

Force Friday consisted of stopping at Meijer first, nothing was out except a large K-2SO. Then K-Mart,which is closing, had zilch. Drove past TRU and saw a line of about 8 at 10pm. Target had the cool Death troopers greeting you as you walk in and later the AT-ACT display but no figures and were closed at midnight. Wal-Mart was my hope to buy the figures early or put on layaway since they were 24 hrs, but there was nothing out and the manager said she would not hold anything. Went back to TRU since that is where the free shirt and poster were. It began to poor rain for 20 mins so I just waited in the car until someone showed up to beat me in line. I jumped out and got in line. Low and behold the person that showed up was the same guy who was behind me last year! We talked for the next two hours along with another by his self collector all about Star Wars....it was great.
    At midnight we ran in, got the shirt and were told to stop by Saturday for the poster. I went straight to the 3.75" and put those I wanted in the bag I brought. Debated a little on the U-Wing but snagged one once they let me use the coupon.
    I was one of the lucky ones who was told they wouldn't honor the Target coupon only to try at register and get $25off!
    Most went to Wal-Mart after only to find the employees late putting any figures out. So looked like no Death or Scarif trooper for me. Meijer had the figures but no 2 packs as last stop in what would be another eventful, fun trip in the Star Wars Force Friday tradition. (I got the 2 packs yesterday and today went back and got the poster and another 2 pack with Sharif trooper).

Darthmaul208 and Juke Skywalker like this.
  10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I ordered the BS Jyn Erso from Walmart.com. I went to many many stores looking for her from midnight - yesterday evening. Cool thing was I got her for less than twenty one dollars. They are sending it to my local Walmart and I did not have to pay shipping. Gotta love that.

Juke Skywalker and Darthmaul208 like this.
  11. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    Not sure where to put these, as they're neither TFA or RO, so I'll drop them here:

Entertainment Earth ROTS Trooper set:

[​IMG]

Walgreens Exclusive "Normal" Threepio :

[​IMG]

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  12. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    I noticed that some of them seem smaller, the most pronounced was Sabine Wren who is shorter than the other characters, so I'm not sweating it too much. Although I am disappointed about the 5POA and the not so subtle push to get us buying the 6 inch figures. I still feel that the entire Black Series line is just a money grab.

13. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    I hate standing in line & competing/fighting against other collectors to buy SW toys, so completely avoided Force Friday; for that matter, I've never gone to one of these events.

However, I plan on getting at least some of the Rogue One toys, so did go to Wal-mart this morning - they had almost 0 RO product; all they had was an 18" Deathrooper - great toy, but I don't really collect that line so I passed (though I may get it later). Either the RO product was sold-out (probably), in another part of the store, or this Wal-mart never got much to begin with. Strange.

14. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Bought the Black Series Stormtrooper helmet at Wal-Mart last night:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a bit big on me, but it's an otherwise nice helmet. The voice change isn't nearly as strong as it was in the promo video, but the video did at least make a point to say that the voice had been fudged a bit for that video. I'm not an expert in Stormtrooper buckets, I couldn't tell you what dimensions it is compared to the original, and what inaccuracies it has, but it's a decent Stormtrooper helmet for $80, and miles ahead of the one Rubies produces.

whostheBossk and Juke Skywalker like this.
  15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Nice CT1138! I hadn't seen or hears about this one. Looks quite sharp for something you'd get at retail. Very display-worthy.

CT1138 likes this.
  16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My Sainsburys had nothing new today - just the usual shelf-warmers. Hopefully I'll be up in town later this week to check local stores.

17. Darth Mikey

Sep 7, 2015
    Guess I should chronicle my Force Friday exploits!

WAS planning ot head to TRU Thursday night, but it got really cold here with pouring rain all night, so I passed. Hit up the local Wal-Mart around 4:00 AM on Friday ( when I normally get up for work ), only to discover they had nothing at all out!

Went up to Wilkes-Barre, PA early Friday morning (about 25 miles from here):

K-Mart - The helpful lady stocking toys told me that "All the Star Wars stuff we got in is in that cart". . . I checked said cart to find a bunch of the Jyn exclusives ( which I already had ), and some 12" scale stormtroopers. Bah!

Wal-Mart - Hit here next, and was buoyed by the constant running advertisements on the flatscreens when you enter the store for SW stuff! Sure enough,they had out a big display, with tons of TBS figures!

Target - A large display in the front of the store greeted me ( though it was still smaller that the Wal Mart one ). Almost picked up a 2nd Death Trooper, but decided not to.

so here was the initial FF haul!

[​IMG]

Ironically enough, I ended up going to that first Wal Mart in my hometown later on that afternoon for something else, and they finally put the big display up! So I ended up getting a second Death Trooper after all!

18. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I got all of my figures midnight on Friday, but I went to stores again on Sunday because I was curious to see how their stock was holding up, now that people have had a few days to pick through the new items. For the 6 inch figures, it looks like the most common of the new wave is umasked Kylo, while the rarest is the Deathtrooper. For the 3.75 inch 5POA, the most common was Imperial Ground Crew, while the rarest was Sabine. How are things looking for everyone else?

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I swung by Wallyworld today and the only thing that's selling there at this stage are the 6" Black Series and basic 3 3/4" figures. Nothing else had even been touched. Like literally nothing. There must be a repack of Rey in this first wave because they had her, with at least 1-2 of every other figure except the Death Trooper. As StarWarsFan1997 said, it seems pretty clear the Death Trooper is the most popular (no surprise there).

StarWarsFan1997 likes this.
  20. Darth Mikey

Sep 7, 2015

Yeah, they rereleased Rey with a lightsaber now.

21. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Picked up these 3 at Target today!
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk and Juke Skywalker like this.
  22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004

Ahhh, okay, thanks. I didn't look very closely, as she seemed to be the same figure, even still sports an 02 on the side of her box. Guess they couldn't include a saber the first time around to preserve the surprise.

23. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Nice finds there CT and Mikey. I should be hanging out with you two :)

Seems like I missed the bus as both Toys RUs and Wal Mart were cleaned out by the time I made it over. I did order a couple of SideShow items. I still need to buy that Kylo Ren fx sabre. There are 4 of them at my local Toys R Us calling out to me every time I am there lol.

24. Darth Mikey

Sep 7, 2015
    Stopped at Walmart again today. Still had quite a bit of TBS. Tons of Jyn, Cassian, and Rey, about 10 or so Kylos , 2 of K-250, and 1 Death Trooper.

25. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Ran an errand to Target tonight and found the Maul/Seventh Sister and Baze Malbus/Stormtrooper 2 packs. Just one of each was on the shelf, but it did look as if they had re-stocked within the last day or two since I spotted 2-3 Sabines.

whostheBossk likes this.