main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Force Friday" - Now Discussing 2017 - Possible Spoilers!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , May 3, 2015.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Yahoo Movies just posted pics of 81 items getting released tomorrow.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  2. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Where did you go?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Kylo and Rey arrived at TRU. Lol

4. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    In line now at TRU!!!

Juke Skywalker and cubman987 like this.
  5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    20 mins to go.

Juke Skywalker and cubman987 like this.
  6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    9th in line at Toys R Us, hour and fifteen mintues to go.

whostheBossk, Juke Skywalker and B99 like this.
  7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    First in line

8. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Decided to skip the madness and take advantage of this new fangled internet thingie. Only wanted the Black Series Landspeeder anyway, and TRU had it w/free shipping.

9. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    getting ready to go get in line at TRU in Tucson. I want to be there by 10pm. Last year we were a few people back, I want to be as close to first as possible.

10. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Half hour to go, about 25 people in line now.

11. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I'll be heading down in 15 minutes

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Well that worked out well for me but people left empty handed because Toys R Us hardly got anything....apparently they got shorted, including not getting the free T-Shirts.

13. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Target had nothing here, not one TLJ item. They were told the delivery will be late but didn't know when it would be :( To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. With TFA, merchandise was everywhere on the day. With Rogue One, it was low key but still available but nothing for TLJ. No advertising whatsoever.

Jedi Knight Fett and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    TRU didn't even have the free tshirts yet, so we all signed piece of paper with our names.. Got Commader Gree though and Rose and Poe 3.75', they only had like 5 tops of The Black Series Gree.. Ppl were not happy. Scrambled over to Target,Meijer and Walmart. Got Kylo,StormTrooper,Vader (X2) and Thrawn Black Series at Target, no Luke or Rey......[face_sigh] Walmart of course didn't even have anything out.. Not surprised..

15. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    TRU had very little, my son picked up a Porg plushie, 22 yrs old and tonight he slept with his new Porg. I love my son!! I bought Claudia Gray's Leia. First actual BOOK I have bought in three years, I have been using kindle and audible for all my books. My daughter has not gotten anything yet. However, she does have several of the Forces of Destiny dolls so she is okay with not having gotten anything tonight. We all three got TRU shirts and posters. I will give my shirt to a friend, they only had large and I am a 2X. We are headed to an anime convention in Phoenix in the morning so on way out of town we are making a pit stop at the Disney Store. My major disappointment was I had been told Forces of Destiny Padme and Ahsoka would be on the shelves, but they weren't. Hopefully soon. Right now I am trying desperately to go to sleep. My daughter is still talking a mile a minute.

whostheBossk and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  16. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Third in line at Target. Was able to pick up 8 of the POPs I wanted. Seems like there was less merchandise of everything out at both Target and Walmart.

17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Here we go, round two..

18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Swung by Wal-Mart this morning and what a dud. They'd put out a two-sided pallet w/6" Black Series on one side and die cast ships on the other. Didn't look like they'd sold a single thing. There were a couple of associates in the actual SW aisle working and just glancing in it looked like they were readying it for the 3 3/4" line.

The 6" assortment was 1 ea. of Thrawn and Hera, 1 Stormtrooper (OT, not First Order), 2 Rey's, 3-4 Kylo Ren's, 4 Luke's and 4 Vader's (40th anniversary redo version). I would've grabbed Luke, but all four had wonky paint apps. One looked like he'd been cramming fettuccine alfredo into his mouth. Shame because he looks good in person otherwise. I did pick up Vader, as he's a VAST improvement over the first version they released.

19. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Not much other in the boonies where I am. My wife is at a Sci Fi convention here in Toronto for the next few days and she will be on the lookout for me.

20. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I found everything this morning except for the plush Porg and new Leia POP that I wanted. WalMart had very little. Target had a ton of all the Black Series. Haven't made it to TRU yet.

21. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    No Black series or funko at all at my wal-mart. Very disappointing.

B99 likes this.
  22. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    So I eventually got all the Black Series except for Hera, which eh.. I could pass. So I thought I was done, but TRU called, they got the free t-shirts in! So I went over there for the 3d time today to get them. Look over to see if they had anything new. And there was Darth Raven Black Series.. I was dying.. So TRU kinda made up for the horror that was midnight... So I spend easily $220.00... ****! But that's it, end of story.. My Force Friday hunting is over, cause I got pretty much everything I wanted..:)

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So here's my haul, definitely not as much as my Force (Sunday) last year but couldn't help myself cuz I thought I was only going in to get an Old Luke, really!

hit up Toys R Us (Canada) around 3:30 PM and there was a decent amount right at the front (and a whole bunch of TLJ standies at the entrance).

Porgs are over 50 bucks (marked down from 70) so I passed on that.

[​IMG]

Apparently they're automated so I can kinda see why it would be so pricey but I mean, they cute but they ain't 50 dollars cute for me. (although watch them be huge in the movie and then these are impossible to find). There's also a really nice 40th Anniversary Black Figures sets that come with replicas of the original cards which was really tempting but I left behind

This was my eventual haul

[​IMG]

Toys R Us came with a First Order Walker poster for a purchase and they also gave me a gift card for 10% off any further Star Wars purchases until January. however, it's a REALLY NICE Rey and Kylo hologram card so I might just end up keeping it.

So I DID get my Jedi Master Luke (even with a big selection I think there were only about 3 or 4 left). And the Rey fig I have from TFA is her with the mask on her speeder so I figured I'll get an unmasked and with lightsaber Rey AND it came with one of the Praetorian Guards so that's a score. And finally I figured I'd get a Hux just for the hell of it and Kylo (TFA Unmasked) has someone to hang with (and they hate each other which is funny). BUT, I may have realized it when I grabbed it or afterwards but Hux comes with a mouse droid! So that's totally a selling point to move some Hux toys, works for me!

(aside, I thought I was so clever and rare for getting the TFA Kylo Ren unmasked figure a year or so ago but Kylo is unmasked on all the TLJ swag. Well, mine doesn't have the scar so it's rare-er, dangit!)

Aside, at one moment when someone was going by the display I was, they asked "Black Series?" And I just said "There's a few there but a whole bunch more round the corner." They went off. Star Wars collector nerds know their own.

Checked out Wal-Mart afterwards (right beside Toys R Us), and they had been really picked clean comparatively. Everyone apparently went to Wal-Mart instead of Toys R Us. Toys R Us was cheaper too, ironically. I DID however see this placed beside the few remaining new TLJ swag. with the new TLJ lightsabers.

[​IMG]

SPACE SWORDS! Multiple ones! Disney Copyright Lawyers Assemble!

Sadly, I declined to purchase. Probably still gonna be there. For awhile.

B99, Darthmaul208 and Juke Skywalker like this.
  24. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Should of called it Porg Friday...

25. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Swung by my Wal-Mart this morning and [face_waiting]. All they'd done was add two more half skids; a Lego and a Forces of Destiny. They still haven't put out a single 3 3/4" figure. No vehicles. Nada. Nothing.