main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Force Friday" - Now Discussing 2017 - Possible Spoilers!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , May 3, 2015.

1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Target here finally stocked all of Wave 1 of the 3 3/4 figures plus the ForceLink gauntlet. Nothing else though :(

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I had a pleasant surprise in town today - both TRU and Entertainer had TLJ displays. Entertainer had nothing I wanted but I scored at TRU - a second Funko Pop Porg so I now have one boxed and one on display. Also managed to snag the 6" Black Thrawn - only one on the shelf. Price was a bit steep but I figured it would be the only one I'd see at local retail so I didn't waste a lot of time thinking about it. I know I'd pay more if I waited for a Forbidden Planet trip..

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    FYI for the UK folks - my Sainsburys had a bunch of the new 3.75 inch figures in the small toy section this morning. Luke, Kylo, and Rey were represented (along with others).

4. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    My Force Friday II 9/1/17

8:40pm Visited Meijer, Target, Wal-Mart, then 9:40pm Toys r us to wait in line. I was 9th in line. Doors opened and I did a video this time of everyone running to get the product on shelf. Received free poster and slip for t-shirt. Only purchased Rey with Preatorian Guard. 12:14am Target closed, 12:17am Meijer open with two cars zooming in same time. Aisle display full of merchandise with some 3.75 but no 6". Gave a collector the last 3.7t Kylo Ren. Stock guy went to the back and brought out two fresh boxes of 6". Everyone dug in. No purchase for me..headed home.
    7am headed to Wal-Mart 41 7:40am -had a center aisle display with 6" NO 3.75
    8am Target 41 third in line as door opens with both guys in front heading for SW aisle. I grabbed a cart anticipating 3.75 ships and figures using the $25 off $100 coupon. Grabbed Tie Silencer, Cantobight speeder, A-Wing, 3.75 Stormtrooper and found Rogue One/TFA army builders Resistance troopers/Imperial Ground crew/Stormtrooper on clearance for $1.14! And Jedha four packs for $3.74. Spent 35 mins in store. Spent $190-$25 coupon
    8:45am Wal-Mart 41 aisle display had Rey w/speeder/Luke w/landspeeder
    9:20am WM 30 Had app Poe display but had trouble loading the app so didn't try. Aisle had Ski Speeder and some 3.75.
    9:40am Target 30 bought Jedha 4 pm (2) and Imperial ground crew.
    10am TRU door opens nothing there. Few 3.75 and 6".
    10:10am Wal-Mart Sak trl. Had Kylo bill board up front, Carol was putting out fresh case of figures.
    10:30am Target TP BB-8 and BB-9E out front. TFA army builders (3), Stormtrooper w/walker and speeder bike $3 ea!
    11am Wal-Mart Mrkhm bought Tie Interceptor for $9 (taking one I had back). No figures.
    11:30-1:15pm Library
    1:36pm Wal-Mart HmWd no figures or ships
    1:45pm Target Denied price match of more $1 TFA/RO army builders.
    2:30pm Wal-Mart Lans no figures or ships
    2:48pm Target IN TFA and RO figures ($15) and Jedha Revolt + 9 figures
    4:50pm Target Hilnd w/wife and son. Was able to get another $25 gift card by adding up the days total.
    7:30pm Display up front for Force Scan. Had some 3.75 in center aisle up front display. Curt in back started talking SW saying he thinks Anakins spirit is going to take possession of someone in the new films lol
    Made it home! 12 hour toy run!! Took pics....went to bed...(dreaming of Star Wars)

Juke Skywalker and cubman987 like this.
  5. ph0ebus

ph0ebus Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2017
    I missed out on Force Friday and immediately discovered every TLJ Luke figure had been bought up for miles in every direction out of every Target, Walmart, Kmart and Toys R Us. Naturally, they were on sale on eBay for double (or even triple!) the price, but my patience paid off...just found a fresh TLJ Luke at my local Toys R Us for 7.99!

-Daniel

whostheBossk and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    New official pics from figures revealed at Hascon

whostheBossk and cathiecat like this.
  7. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    :leia::han::padme::amidala::ahsoka:

My happy dance for the new Ahsoka and Padme
    [face_dancing][face_hypnotized]
    ^:)^
    :eek:

8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Can't wait to find these in May.. Lol

9. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    So they're simultaneously releasing TLJ and saga characters (I see Obi-Wan and Yoda) on the same cardbacks? Reminds me of when they did the same thing back during the original AOTC run. Nothing wrong w/diversifying the lineup, but as a result I always felt that AOTC never really had a cardback identity of its own.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Whoops, wrong thread.