main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Force Friday" - Now Discussing 2017 - Possible Spoilers!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , May 3, 2015.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    One of the Rebelscum staff was at Fan Expo Toronto over the weekend and got a pamphlet of what Hasbro will be offering for Rogue One. You can see a gallery of the images and the story here on Rebelscum. Click on any one of the images to bring up the full set.

whostheBossk and Juke Skywalker like this.
  2. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    That was an awesome update, thank you!

I'm looking at getting most of the five or so first wave of figures. As for the combo packs, i like that they are including a trooper of some sort with a new character like TFA. As for the vehicles, why they still stressing nerf missiles! So not the way to go although it is much safer for little ones. I can see picking up the U-Wing and Tie Striker. That AT-AT is cool too.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    AdmiralNick22, I see a MC80 cruiser... Is that indicative of a pending appearance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  4. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    It definitely appears so... :D

--Adm. Nick

whostheBossk and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    Not Force Friday yet, but for those interested some K-Mart's have started putting out their exclusive Jyn Erso figures already. I picked one up yesterday :

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and Juke Skywalker like this.
  6. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    KMart got the exclusives? That's quite an accomplishment considering they're all but circling the drain at this point.

7. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Who gets it for the UK?

Or is it just going to be a no mention from Hasbro?

Not really sure where the others went last year.

HMV/Zavvi seem to stock them online sometimes but not sure if they are the official exclusive holder?

Anyone know?

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you're near London I'd check Forbidden Planet. If not, check Amazon UK for marketplace sellers. And there's always Ebay..

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    No luck with the early merchandise. Includes WalMart, Kmart, Target, Meijer and Dollar General as seen as a hot place online that has Rogue One figures.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    So one day to go - anyone going to a midnight opening?

11. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    No, I have no enthusiasm for any of it.

Hasbro's offerings are just rubbish and over priced but what makes it worse is people want that stuff.

Fair enough but it doesn't interest me.

All I hope is the new stuff breaks through the UK merchandise which has come to a standstill. Nothing is selling.

I just want to see the Ahsoka six inch wave and Wave Three of TBS in ASDA. It won't happen of course but I can hope.

For you Americans though it'll be worth it- you can get the next Wave (5?) of TBS with repacks of TVC Ahsoka, Royal Guard, Ackbar and Lando.

In comparison the UK hasn't even received Wave Three let alone four so I'm still missing Rey, Finn, Poe, Phasma, Han, Leia.

My excitement has gone down, shopping and finding nothing every week is awful.

I am more excited to purchase a Plaguies figure that a friend is going to sell me!

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm still planning on hitting up Toys R' Us tonight unless I'm exceptionally tired.....it sucks because the wife and I are leaving early in the morning to drive from central IL to North Carolina so I really should be going to bed early instead of late.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that Rebelscum have put together a checklist of items available (not just Hasbro). You can see the story and download the PDF at the link.

cubman987 likes this.
  14. Ed Phelan

Ed Phelan Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    I'm in Brighton, UK... Since our resident toy shop Cosmo's closed, the local Menkind is the best place I can think of. They had a good range of Star Wars toys last year. If you don't have one near you, they have a page here: http://www.menkind.co.uk/movie-tv/star-wars. Hoping between that and Forbidden Planet I can get everything I want. I've got my eye on the Pop Vinyl range but it's annoying all the exclusives seem to be US only - Scarif Stormtrooper looks cool either way.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We had a Menkind in my area but the shop closed. It's usually just a Christmas shop so I'm hoping it returns this year. You're right about them having SW stuff though. I've also got an Entertainer (small one) and an HMV (good for the Pop Vinyls) but if I want to do serious shopping it's a trip to Forbidden Planet in London. I see some stuff at the local Sainsburys but unless it's close to Christmas, Father's Day, or a film coming out they can be iffy.

Ed Phelan and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Toys R Us with the daughter never hurt. Okay, it hurts my wallet but eh I need them Interdictors!

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Closest TRU to me is out near Heathrow in a not-so-nice neighborhood.

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Ah, I have two - Luton and Bedford - relatively close too.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've gone to the Heathrow TRU a few times during the day in the past when I worked in the area but I wouldn't go there at midnight.

20. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    I'll be heading out to my local TRU shortly to get a look at the wares for the 12:01 opening. I'm guessing this will be smaller than the TFA Force Friday, and that checklist looks to have quite a few repacks of TFA items. I still see a lot of TFA Ezra speederbikes and TFA FO assault walkers on shelves still. Hopefully Christmas will move more of those off the shelves.

21. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Just arrived at Toys R Us with about an hour and a half to go, I'm 8th in line.....don't think this will have as big a showing as the last FF.

whostheBossk and StarWarsFan1997 like this.
  22. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I just got back from Toys R Us. A much smaller showing than last year. I was the first in a line of around twenty people when the doors opened at midnight. I was able to get one of the five exclusive Hovertank Pilot TRU exclusives - the store handed out tickets beforehand. I bought all of the new 6 inch figures except for unmasked Kylo, figuring that of the group, he will be the easiest to find later on.

Overall, I hope that the lack of people who showed up at my Force Friday has more to do with how many were burned by last year's lack of supply, and is not indicative of a broader apathy towards the new film. I guess we will find out in December. Assuming that there is a Force Friday for Episode VIII, I am curious to see if the interest level picks back up, given that will be a sequel to the film with the largest domestic BO in history, whereas Rogue One is a side story with largely unknown characters.

[​IMG]

23. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Got back from my TRU. About 2 dozen people including myself were in line. They tried to get as wide a range of stuff on the shelves, but I think they only got one wave of the 3.75 inch figures as they had a bunch, but they were all the ones I have listed below

Jyn Erso (Eadu)
    K-2SO
    Stormtrooper
    Imperial Ground Crew
    Kanan Jarrus (Stormtrooper armor)
    Sabine Wren
    Kylo Ren (I think this is a TFA repack, but not 100% sure)
    Commando Pao VS Imperial Death Trooper 2 pack
    Snowtrooper Officer vs Poe Dameron 2 pack

There is a checklist (see PDF at link) which breaks up the 3.75 inch figures into 2 sets and it appears that my TRU had just the first set. How long it will be before we see the second set is anybody's guess, but I did see a lot of unopened boxes there, so they could already be there or we'll be seeing these 7 characters for a while.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Man I totally forgot all about this. Oh well. I'm only really interested in the funkos right now.

25. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Only had about 20 total people show up at Toys R Us. The free poster and shirt are cool but they only had medium and larges for the shirts which is prob too small for me. Hit up Meijer after TRU and they had nothing set up except a sign saying they would have them at midnight o_O Then hit Walmart and they had most of their stuff out including the Funko Pop figures that TRU didn't have for some reason. Here is my haul (Funkos are from Walmart rest from Toys R Us)
    [​IMG]

OliffWanKenobi likes this.