main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Force Friday" - Now Discussing 2017 - Possible Spoilers!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , May 3, 2015.

1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    The one that I am looking for is that black series 26 inch tie fighter. Not sure if it is a Toys R Us exclusive or not.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I don't think that will be an exclusive, it hasn't been released yet, I don't think.

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    That is good news then as I am broke after force Friday lol

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  4. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    So i heard per rebelscum another Force Friday is set for new wave October 9th? Time to save. I have been seeing more and more wave 1 new shipments in stores.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm officially on "save for vacation" mode, so the only collecting money going out will be for pre-orders. Of course once I'm back from my trip in Nov all bets are OFF! I'll need to get shelves I think before I can buy gobs more stuff though.

6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Another Force Friday? They should rename it "Disappointment, Round 2!". Hopefully this time Hasbro and retailers are better prepared.

I've seen some refreshment of stuff at stores. My local Wally-World put out another case of 6" Black Series figures. Kylo Ren, Stormtrooper and Rey sold fast, but now they have double the leftover Chewies and Finns.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I just found this awesome TFA purse online - I checked their FB site and they have a BB-8 dome purse like their R2 one coming. I saw the R2 purse at Disneyland and had to REALLY restrain myself from picking it up.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  8. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Eh? Haven't heard anything about another FF. I think a SW site would've picked up on this. Probably just the release of the new wave.

9. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    They did? Rebelscum? Jedi Temple Archives have as well. And in Rebel Force Radio Steve Sansweet mentioned that there were more force friday event releases coming. And that it was just the beginning so there would be one every month.

I take it as fact now, many people have Independently verified it.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yay! More Force Fridays aka holidays for scalpers!

Darthmaul208 and whostheBossk like this.
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Juke Skywalker likes this.
  12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    My local Wal-Mart restocked their TFA stuff. They had the next wave (I'm guessing, as I'd never seen them before) of 3 3/4" figures, which included General Hux, some blue droid that looked like 3PO on 'roids, the red dude who looks a bit like Deadpool (sorry, I forgot what they're called and I'm too lazy to look them up :p). Also had the Inquisitor from Rebels and Darth Vader in it :confused: . No sign of the next 6" wave though.

whostheBossk and cubman987 like this.
  13. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I am finally seeing stores restocking with wave 1. Any idea if we are going to have another "Force Friday" tomorrow?

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    My Wal-Mart restocked as well, but I haven't seen or heard any more about a second Force Friday. Maybe it was more a coordinated effort by stores to get things back in stock by a certain date.

15. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I have been out and about and have seen some more wave 1 restocks, but no wave 2 or signs of another "Force Friday"

16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Same here, seems like lots of stores restocked today but no events or anything.

17. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Thanks Cub987. How to make this statement related to thread....?...i hope the Cubs knock the Force Friday outta the Cards

cubman987 likes this.
  18. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015

the 3 3/4" Waves seem to be showing up more today, but as far as The Black Series, still a bunch of Finn and Chewie warming here.

Skellybobs likes this.
  19. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, Finn and Chewie are the peg warmers around here as well. At my Wal-Mart they've replenished the first 6" wave and now they have double the Chewies, with not one looking to have sold. Finn's figure I understand, as the face sculpt - particularly the eyes - is a bit wonky, and there's something off about Chewie's head, like it's made from a noticeably different plastic than the body. We've also had a Chewie figure already, and though this is a new sculpt (I believe), collectors may just not be in the mood to double dip.

Skellybobs likes this.
  20. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015

I think people will regret it later. So far, of all the waves announced, Chewie is the only Wave 1 figure that isn't getting a rerelease. Finn and Stormtrooper are rereleased in Wave 2, and Finn, Stormtrooper, Rey, and Kylo are the Wave 2 rereleases. And, while not confirmed, it's looking like Phasma and Rey are 2 of the 3 rereleases for Wave 4. So there's a very decent possibility that Wave 1 will be the only way to get Chewie this year. When the movie hits, and the rush is on, people may find the Wookie is long gone..

21. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    It's certainly possible. I remember when Wave 1 of the Black Series came out and R2-D2 was a peg warmer. I saw him everywhere, then *poof*, gone. When I checked online, he'd shot up over $50.00. Same thing happened with the Unleashed series 10 years ago. Like you said, once the film gets closer, Christmas just around the corner, they may be snatched up and gone.

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    FYI Disneystore online has a free shipping code for orders over $75.

24. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    My local Disney store was once a place that I would never set foot in...... how times have changed lol

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Wanted to update the thread as it simply brings back great memories. Also, do we know when the next "Force Friday" will be?