main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Force Friday" - Now Discussing 2017 - Possible Spoilers!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , May 3, 2015.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    They'll have black series figures, they didn't announce too many of them for other lines (films, Rebels, etc) at SDCC - but I think they'll dole them out in order to create a frenzy amongst collectors. But yes, I'm expecting that they'll create tons of them w/ the lesser articulation, which honestly is to be expected. They desperately need to lure in kids in order to get a new generation of kids wanting SW toys and become collectors so the line can stay alive and well.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Well, we're t-minus 1 month and counting and still no images or even package art. Who's handling the marketing, the NSA?!

3. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Ha, i know right! Man this is all on lockdown. I did see price sticker leaked images from Meijer online so i know there will be 3.75" available. I was out at TRU this morning getting an early start and was thinking of a game plan for Force Friday. I just can't wait.

4. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Unfortunately the chances of me being off that Friday are about zilch, so I'm likely going to be doing a Force Saturday morning :p. I fully expect images to start leaking soon. Maybe even this week.

5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Just got my time off request approved at work, looking forward to this, was never able to do the midnight releases for the prequels because of school.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  6. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Can't wait for Force Friday! Really itching to pick up some cool shirts and figures,mans other things I can get my hands on!

7. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    A little under a month now! Still no news of what to expect.... They really are waiting for D-23 it seems.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There's an update on Rebelscum from TRU.

whostheBossk and cubman987 like this.
  9. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Sounds like TRU is going all-out with the events, which is cool, but as goodies go, a free poster isn't quite enough to get me to take off work and trek all the way across town. Be curious what kinds of exclusives they have, though.

Still, if there were any doubt that the TRU event will be more fun and fan friendly than whatever half hearted, depressing effort Wal-Mart cooks up...

"Okay, I gotta get back to the dairy, so, ummm, here's the stuff. May you live long and prosper."

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd consider it if my town had a TRU. But as I said above the closest one to me is in an area I wouldn't feel comfortable in by myself at that hour.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Let the leaks begin....This site has some sneak pics of 2 6" Black Series figures.

I confess I love these things - and DAMMIT I NEED THEM! Apparently they've shown up on Amazon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks like indeed 3PO's arm is red.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note the gap in the numbers - I'm guessing Han, Leia, Luke will be in here.

[​IMG]

Jedi Daniel and whostheBossk like this.
  12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've seen those for other franchises - GoT seems to be popular in a local store. I'd get the BB-8 if I saw it..

13. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Those Vinyl Pop! figures do nothing for me (except creep me out), which is good, as that's one less temptation. Definitely gonna snag that 6" Black Series Kylo Ren, though.

Maybe this will be the week we finally see the 3 3/4" line.

14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I freaking love the Funko Pop figures....already have a ton of Star Wars and Marvel, recently started getting the Orphan Black and Doctor Who. I will for sure be getting all of the Force Awakens figures!! :)

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    LOL silly Juke. I think they're adorable. I only have so much room which is why I don't have a ton of them.

cubman987 and Juke Skywalker like this.
  16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I don't care that much for them, but I'd look twice at a Fett one..

17. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I have the Fett funko.

To be honest, these are good enough for me for force Friday. Other stuff will just be icing on the cake!

18. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Yeah, I'm not a fan either. I do like the Kylo Ren and Phasma ones though.

19. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    it would be nice to have an idea of what is coming out in the stores on Sept 4th so I can at least see how expensive of a day it is going to be.

20. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I'm pretty sure we'll know this weekend.

21. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Everytime i hit up a store now im thinking I'm going to get lucky and see a few TFA 3.75" in a box in an aisle and i would just grab the entire box and run.

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah this is why I'll be staying far, far away from stores on Sept 4th - I just don't need to be trampled.

23. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    Does anyone have any info on force Friday in the UK? I know TRU are planning to open some stores but can't find any specifics...

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    admiral_Jim, I did some digging and the only thing I could find was a post on the Rebelscum message boards that said 5 UK locations were going to be participating; Brent Cross, Oldbury, Glasgow Helen Street, Warrington and Bristol.

I couldn't find any info about Sainsbury's, which I believe is akin to our Wal-Mart.

You might need to contact your local stores to find out what their plans are. Hope that helps a little.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Sainsbury's is more of a supermarket. My local one, which is a large store, has a very small toy section so I doubt it would be involved. I would expect Toys R Us to do something here and maybe Forbidden Planet - at least the Megastore in London. Also the Entertainer is a toy chain here. My store is quite small so I doubt they'd be involved, but maybe some of the larger ones (like Milton Keynes). Might be worth checking on their websites.