main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force Friday II @ Toys R' Us?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Aug 12, 2015.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I'm an old man now, but I can certainly do my best to stay up to midnight for the Toys R' Us midnight madness event, Force Friday, when The Force Awakens items go on sale. Don't know how many or even any I'd get as I haven't seen any catalog or web site listing what's going on sale. JJ is keeping it under wraps!

Info here: http://www.toysrusinc.com/press-roo...tar-wars-saga-products-with-midnight-opening/

Do we want to meet at a specific Toys R Us as a group?

Is the 501st and/or Rebel Legion going to a specific one that we want to join them at? SITH__CHICK or JawaJaka

2. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I'm game. I'll be buying all the figures anyway.

3. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I will try and be game. We're driving to Utah for Labor Day weekend the next morning. Oof...

4. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    Unless we plan on joining one of the other groups, I'll plan on going to the Toys R Us on 88th.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  5. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Went to TRU on County Line for the last Midnight Madness for Clone Wars in 2008, seems like such a long time ago. Still, happy with the BMF purchase 6 years later.

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

That's the one closest one to me, so it would be the one I'm at, too, unless we declare otherwise.

7. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    OK, the 501st are trooping at these locations during the day (Friday 3-6pm and Saturday 11-2pm). They are NOT doing any midnight release troops.

COLORADO MILLS - 14500 W Colfax Ave, Lakewood, CO 80401 - NO WEAPONS PERMITTED and due to the size of the store is limited to 4 troopers and 1 handler.
    LITTLETON - 5142 S. Wadsworth Blvd, Belleview Shores, Littleton, CO 80123
    WESTMINSTER 88TH - 5650 W. 88th Avenue, Westminster, CO 80030
    HIGHLANDS RANCH - 9505 E. County Line Road, Centennial Promenade, Englewood, CO 80112
    FORT COLLINS - Front Range Village, 4250 Corbett Dr, Fort Collins, CO 80525
    THORNTON - 16511 N. Washington Street, Larkridge Shopping Center, Thornton, CO 80023
    COLORADO SPRINGS - 3730 N. Citadel Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80909

I'm up for anything during a midnight release close to home. I know a group is going to the FoCo location at midnight but it will not be a troop (or even in costume, I don't think).

EDIT: None of these are close to me. No love in Aurora, I guess. I don't think I can get off work late at night and make it to any of these on time. I'm going to try the Southlands Mall one and see if they'll be open.

8. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    OK, either I'm blind or the edit button just disappeared. Well, I can't find a TRU at Southlands on their website, so I guess I'll go to the Aurora mall since that one is really close to me. I'll be getting off at 10:00pm if anyone wants to join me about 10:30pm to get in line.

9. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Aurora TRU moved to Mississippi & Havana last year, it's the only one on this side of town. I'd think they'd have something planned too.

10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  11. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    I can do either or both Friday afternoon or Saturday Morning at the Thornton/Hwy 7 TRU.

12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    What time are y'all thinking of arriving Thursday night at the 88th Ave Toys R Us?

13. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Ashoka and Vader for me and maybe the micromachine R2 set

14. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Personally I want the Black Series Rey and BB8 and Kylo Ren. I also want to pick up Aftermath, but that is about it. I will probably just show up at my local Target at 6am or something.

nnaydolem likes this.
  15. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    I could use some new board games. Furbacca is cute LOL. I am going to try and do the midnight opening. I have a event the next day that will require rest so I will see. :)

16. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    This looks awesome. It's only available at Target. Wanna guess how much?

[​IMG]

$80!

17. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Target and Wal-Mart are advertising Force Friday in today's paper.

Wal-Mart: "only at Walmart - collectible star wars trading discs which can be used to play an exciting game!" ... Lame

Target: "select stores are staying open late to launch over 300 new products from The Force Awakens. Early guests will get a fun giveaway and a chance to win a 4 ft. tall Chewbacca.." They also have coupons for $10 off a $50 Star Wars purchase (excluding Lego) or $25 off a $100 or more. You can also have the coupons sent to your smart phone by texting FORCE10 or FORCE25 to TARGET (827438).

18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

thejackal327 and Nerfherders, y'all want to to go the Target at 80th and Wadsworth instead of TRU on 88th and Sheridan? Coupons good! And we could pick up that remote control BB-8.

19. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Target, Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond, and a couple others I can't remember will be selling those BB8 Sphero remote toys, so it's really not all that exclusive to one store or another. I'm finding tons of toys being advertised as "exclusive to our store" really isn't. I'm going to wait until Black Friday to do all my online shopping. Except maybe the Black Series BB8, which I hear will go fast. If someone wants to pick up one for me I can send paypal to you. My work schedule is all screwed up, I have to be at work 9:00am Friday morning, which leaves midnight openings out for me. As a droid builder I think all I really want is the BS BB8. Let me know if you can pick one up for me, I'll definitely pay for it and pick it up from you somehow.

20. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Black series BB-8 is packed in with Rey. Currently going for between $30-$60 online. I'm hoping Hasbro has finally got their you know what together as I'd like to potentially throw them $20 for this figure and more starting Friday. I have not purchased a Hasbro figure at retail since last year's prototype Boba Fett.

21. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    I think I might have to turn into an old lady. I have an early meeting scheduled on Friday morning, and I don't know if I'll be able to swing a midnight stake out :( Stupid having to work in order to afford action figures!

22. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    ok...the text coupons are not working...

23. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    I'm sticking with TRU to start - There's a chance they might have as yet to be revealed exclusive action figure line. But I might hit Target after that.

24. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Yeah, I tried em right away too. I'm betting they might not activate them until Thursday.

25. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    Update: The only store in the metro area doing it is the Glendale store - Colorado @ Cherry Creek. That's a fair hike from... all of us. Also, the coupons are good through 8/12, so if you want to save some things to buy later to get the 25% off you can do that.