main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force Friday II @ Toys R' Us?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Aug 12, 2015.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    NOT from me...but i am not going at midnight. :) I just was at walmart...they have a BUNCH of new tshirts...including a B88 & Kylo Ren with troopers....they wouldn't sell me the B88. i was mad. LOL

[​IMG]

2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Thanks for checking. I'm going to pass on going down there. I still gotta work Friday. I'll see ya at TRU, then. I'll get there at like 10:30, I'm thinking.

3. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Do you have a link to this? I have searched all over the internet for two days and can't find this anywhere. It's the only thing I really want.

4. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

JawaJaka, TheForce.net posted the catalog of items Hasbro is selling. Here's the link to the page showing Black Series Rey and BB-8: https://imgur.com/a/lbYLw#29.

And here's a link to Sphero's BB-8 that's available via Best Buy and you can control via smartphone app: http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/2015/spherobb8bestbuybox.jpg.

And, if you can't get enough BB-8, you droid builder you, there's a Facebook group called "Everything BB-8": https://www.facebook.com/groups/everythingbb8/

nnaydolem likes this.
  5. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Thanks. Yeah, I've seen that catalog on several websites but they made it to where I can't read it. I don't have a smartphone so the Best Buy one is off my list, but the Target remote one might be a contender. A BB8 fb page? Hmmm. I'll have to check that out! I know astromech.net now has a whole section devoted to our favorite "beach ball". And several R2 BC members are attempting to build one, including a fellow MSDroid member. Personally I'd build Chopper before BB8, but hey, a girl has got to get her droid fix somehow, right? LOL

So, I get off work tomorrow at 10:00pmish. Which TRU is everybody going to? I'm hoping to arrive around 10:30pmish.

6. pagil m'gar

pagil m'gar Jedi Master

Oct 9, 2014

Can we get the light sabers at target?

7. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Nerfherders and I will be at the TRU on 88th ave and Sheridan.

...maybe? I strongly considering the Kylo Ren Mater Replicas one since I've been seeing photos of it on FB. Cool. Although, when it lights up, I wonder if it will be crackly like it is in the trailer...

8. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
  9. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    OK, so I just watched a recap of the "Unboxing" event on SW Youtube (15 cities worldwide, 15 awesome items, not all are listed here), and here's my list so far for tonight:
    The Hasbro X-wing is amazing with a tiny BB8 on the back. Definitely getting that one.
    All new Hot Wheels (4 of them) including Phasma and Kylo Ren. Gotta continue collecting those, right? (I have all of them so far)
    Micro Machine Star Destroyer. I will play with that.... a lot!
    Hasbro Black Series. OK, so I've been ordered to get Kylo Ren as a Christmas present for my brother. I'll also get BB8/Rey for me.
    The new Nerf blaster for BAT! Comes with a detachable scope, how cool is that?
    Kenner Falcon. See below. Better than the one I had as a kid!

Other cool stuff:
    The Build Your Own lightsaber kit is kinda cool for the kids. You can configure it in all sorts of ways with green and blue blades.
    LEGO is out of the ballpark. X-wing actually has the wings that fold close and open. Troop transport is amazing with so many figures that go with it.
    But if you have to get a LEGO, it absolutely has to be the Millenium Falcon. So many details!!
    The Sphero smartphone BB8 is really small but it does come with the smartphone app to do lots of stuff. It's really cute if you want a smartphone toy.
    Pottery Barn Kids will have the Falcon bed with matching DS pillows. Really awesome! I know a few kids that will fall asleep in this thing.
    The 48 inch stormtrooper talks. Great for a house guard.
    Disney has some really nice diecast figures including a really cool Kylo Ren with sword. An exclusive pin for the first 100 shoppers at each store.
    So much BB8 shirts, purses, caps, etc. For all your BB8 fix.
    And the OMG! factor! THE Kenner Millineum Falcon!! It's more fantastic than the original! Han and Chewie included! BB8 included! Sounds, nerf darts, popup radar, comes apart as a playset, has so many details I can't include here! I just might have to get one! OK, I've put it on my list above....

Other notes of interest:
    Disney stores in Colorado will close today at 3:00pm and reopen at 6:00am tomorrow morning. They are not doing midnight release.
    Think Geek is having a marathon ordering starting at midnight. I'll be checking them out tomorrow at work.
    Everyone, pick up a Nerf blaster for BAT!! And extra darts, please!
    Most of the toys are super cool holiday gifts for kids, but not much for collectors. Except Hasbro, because us SW geeks are always collecting Hasbro. And so much BB8 stuff!
    Well, the live event is over, but I think they will do recaps all day long, so check it out on the SW Youtube channel. Post up here if there is anything I missed (like the cute kids costumes, perfect for Galactic and Jedi Academies).

And on a private note, I just sold my popup camper! Now I can pay for the A/C ($6000 to replace condensor and bad electrical wiring, YIKES!) and tonight's basket of goodies! I'll be at TRU 88th and Sheridan at about 10:30pmish. Come join me! (Jonathon, save a place in line for me, OK?). Let the Christmas shopping begin!!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Found some cool stuff. Missed some cool stuff. They didn't receive any Hasbro Millennium Falcons . :( Saved $160 there, but I'll have my eye out for it.

Picked up a Rey/BB-8 Black Series, Resistance Lego X-Wing, Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma 3 3/4 figures, some micro machines and some titanium series. I accidentally got an extra Millennium Falcon titanium series ship, so I'll bring that one for the RMFF non-raffle raffle at the meeting on the 19th.

Also picked up the free posters and lego brick. It was a bit of a madhouse as it was a free for all after we got in. Thankfully nobody was trampled...except grandma in front of me who was going too slow! Sheesh! j/k

Thanks to BFett88 for getting there at 8:45 and holding a spot for us all!

Good to see BFett88, Nerfherders, JawaJaka, and pagil m'gar!

nnaydolem and he-guy like this.
  11. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Last night Wesminster TRU midnight release with RMFF (thanks guys for letting me hang out with you):

Black Series 6" Kylo Ren
    Micromachine Star Destroyer
    Cute BB8 cup
    Nerf blaster with extra dart pack (for BAT, darts say Star Wars on them with cogs)
    Black Series Titanium Ships (pack of all four ships, can buy individually at Target)
    Stormtrooper action figure (small one, I think Hasbro)
    Kylo Ren action figure small for my brother
    Free cool Kylo Ren poster
    Two free cool special lego bricks with stormtrooper
    And the R2-D2 oversized earphones that I got for practically half price with coupons.

Today at Target on I-25 and Arapahoe on lunch break:

Chewie and Po action figures (I thought these were part of the Black Series #1 and #5, but can't find any info on online)
    R2-D2 and BB8 battery operated wall lights (same as the Vader and Yoda ones at C7)
    Hot Wheels Boba Fett car (I don't think it's part of FA Hot Wheels, but since I've collected them all....)
    Cool free lunchbox

The plains clothes security guard that works there let me have his $25 off coupon and the free lunchbox hidden behind the counter.

Ordered two Think Geek BB8 platters. We're going to have an awesome holiday party, aren't we?

Missing (still looking):
    Black Series BB8/Rey (the only thing I really wanted)
    Hasbro X-wing (the awesome grey one)
    The new Kenner Millenium Falcon
    The rest of the cool Hot Wheels (because I have them all, why stop now?)

Buying tonight:

Disney's BB8 cup just for the cute crazy straw
    Any other Black Series 6" figures I can find

I got home about 1:30am and couldn't really sleep, so I really thought hard about the Sphero BB8. A couple reasons I'm not getting it now:
    One, I don't have a smartphone (although Tracfone is now selling the new Samsung Galaxy S6, the first smartphone they've ever sold).
    Two, by next year it will be obsolete with a newer more cool version (this always happens when tech toys come out).
    Three, if I heard the Sphero rep last night while waiting in line, they will flood the market with these things until the movie comes out.
    Four, I'm going to wait and see what the price will be like on Black Friday.
    Five, (and I just added this) Think Geek pre-order has been hanging up for about 3 hours now. No one can't even get on to pre-order the dang thing!

I skipped the BB8 backpack, they'll go on Black Friday sale soon enough. Man, I really wanted the BB8/Rey pack. Overheard at the store last night: "Rey looks like a tranvestite in this figure" (there were only two or three at the store last night and were snatched up by guys with really long arms). We almost wiped out Westminster TRU in less than half an hour. The MG just cancelled the Westminster TRU troop for today and tomorrow (not enough interest - or is it because we left them with nothing? LOL)

he-guy likes this.
  12. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    I picked up a Rey and BB-8 set at Target on Friday evening, mostly because I was just shocked to have found one still on the shelf. I can bring it to our September meeting, if you don't find your own by then.

13. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I finished up what I missed at Midnight the next day, and then again on Monday. Pretty much every store is cleaned out of toys though. I am still looking for a Kylo Ren FX lightsaber if anyone spots one.

14. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    It's funny that every retailer is advertising a ton of new Hasbro product this week that little to no one actually has in stock.

15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I hit Toys R Us, Target, and the Disney Store. I found some cool stuff, but it's almost all toys. A few t-shirts and some cheesy posters. Where are the high quality posters/prints? Maybe I'm more of a niche collector in what I prefer...

Although I did pick up Lost Stars and Aftermath. I'm excited to read those and hope to read them before 12/18. Same with the new Journey to the Force Awakens comic that came out yesterday. Backstory does not equal spoilers, right? It just equals awesome!

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    let's see last week...i picked up
    • 6 shirts - one is a really girly one, which is super cool
    • BB-8 Sphero (he's awesome)
    • Millennium Falcon drone (air hog)
    • Falcon Titanium (it is TFA square dish)
    • large R2-D2 pillow - it is UBER COOL! i love it
    • R2-D2 cup
    I think that is it...

17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Where did you pick up the Sphero BB-8? I ended up ordering mine from Sphero.com and there's a 2 week waiting list.

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond. I called them around 8:30 Friday morning and asked them to hold it and i went at lunch ;)

19. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Bed Bath Beyond has Sphero BB8 on their website now! Think Geek is out of the pre-order. More will come in a couple weeks. I found BB8/Rey pack at my Walmart! Just need the Black Series Stormtrooper now. Also, Walgreens will have an exclusive BS Vader so I'll head out tomorrow after work for that. Got to play with the MicroMachine Star Destroyer, boy there are a lot of stickers to put on it but got it all done last night. It's super cool....

20. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    The Walgreens Vader was just announced last week unfortunately. I don't think it will be available for another 6 weeks or so. Like the prototype Fett from last year, I'll keep everyone posted, and bring extras to the next meeting when it becomes available.

The Walgreens exclusive Pops are in (limited) stock now: prototype Boba Fett, Imperial Guard, snow trooper and spirit Yoda. :)

nnaydolem and DieWompRatDie like this.
  21. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    And this morning BBB is out of BB8 online.... again. Darn. I'll have to wait until the end of the month when more of these little beasties are released.

22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    this is my best of both artwork I picked up [​IMG]

23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  24. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I'm gonna hit a Target that did not have midnight madness, on Friday morning. It will be nice and calm, AND they have coupons.

25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

What about the free t-shirt and free poster at TRU?!?

What time Friday morning?