Force FX/Hasbro/Disney(?) Lightsabers

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Da'wid Yott, Mar 12, 2014.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. Da'wid Yott Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good day,

Does anyone know if there will be new and/or reissued FX Lightsabers now that the new episodes will be coming out? I started buying the FX, first from Master Replicas, then from Hasbro, but it was haphazard and I got them when the opportunity arose. Now that I am down to just a few that I do not have, it is very difficult to find them. Everyone suggests the usual Ebay, Brianstoys, Forbidden Planet, etc. But I still cannot find any - oh yeah, I cannot find any that are not being sold for ridiculous prices.

I guess I am asking two questions: Does anyone know if new FX Lightsabers are going to be produced? Then - does anyone know of other forums to try to seek out existing sabers?

(PS: I collect them for my personal display. I do not buy and resell for profit. I hope to keep these and be able to pass them down to my grandson someday.)
  2. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I think we're all waiting for news of upcoming collectibles. Hopefully that will be made clear the closer we come to the release date. I think a lot of issues are still up in the air as far as licensees go - will current sellers like Hasbro continue or will that change? We've already seen that Dark Horse will cease SW comics.

As far as your own situation - have you tried places like the Amazon Marketplace? Also, you could try a collecting show like Collectormania or Memorabilia if any are near you. Also have you looked on both eBay UK and US? Dollar/pound is in the UK's favor if you're in the UK (you mentioned FP) - around $1.66/£1.00 so you might do better on the US site if the shipping isn't too much. And don't forget to check for misspellings as you search.(Lightsaber vs lightsabre, for example). You might find an auction that hasn't gotten a lot of bids.
    Last edited by LAJ_FETT, Mar 12, 2014
  3. Da'wid Yott Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thank you for the information and suggestions. I am from the States and mentioned FP because I have tried looking on UK sites as well, though no too successfully. I did not think of the alternate spelling and should have; thanks for that. I will continue to search; as they say - ....when the student is ready, the saber will come. :)
  4. Dreossk Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Hopefully they'll dump eFX and hire a real company so we can actually get some new stuff.
    Last edited by Dreossk, Apr 7, 2014
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT