main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force FX Lightsaber?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Twisted-Fate78, Apr 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twisted-Fate78

Twisted-Fate78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2003
    Anybody buy one of these? I did and it was a piece of CRAP. It worked for about a minute and then started turning on and off at the slightest bump. JUNK!

2. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I was given one as a gift for Christmas.
    Basically, Master Replicas has had some SERIOUS quality control issues on the sound mechanism. Apparently the plant that makes the sound mechanism doesn't know what they're doing, or something. It is prone to glitches and just plain failure. MANY of the ones that have shipped have had these problems. I'd say the ratio is at least 50% that have problems with the sound, based solely on talking to people who've had them. My first one had sound that was totally non-functional. I had to return it, and that's what you should do. Follow the instructions inside the box to return it directly to Master Replicas (Do NOT return it to the merchant it was bought from, especially if that merchant was KB). Master Replicas'll replace it and you should get one that works correctly. When you do get a properly functioning replacement, you'll be pretty pleased with it, especially for the low price point. Just hang tough and get that exchange done. :)

3. Twisted-Fate78

Feb 9, 2003
    I returned it but hesitated to buy another and I probably won't purchase another. I noticed your Sig gives reference to try Park sabers. Just curious do you own one?

4. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    I don't own a Parks Sabers model yet, but I know people who do and I've handled theirs. You won't FIND a finer saber anywhere! I've just got to save up for the Double Helix! :D
    As for your situation, I'm assuming by your post that you returned it for a refund, rather than for an exchange. It's your choice, but for the money, it IS a good product when you get one that works.
    I'm really hoping MR figures out what the problems were and corrects them for the Force FX Darth Vader Saber, because if they do, it'll be a really sweet saber to have. *knocks on wood and crosses fingers*

5. Twisted-Fate78

Feb 9, 2003
    I have a Parks Saber both a working and a nonworking saber. The working one is the Ark Wave and the non working the Defience. Both very well made. I think Master Replicas could have asked Jeff for some advice, the hacks (Master Replicas).

6. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    Well, before you go judging Master Replicas TOO harshly, there's some things you should know first:
    1. They were previously SD Studios, a prop making company well known and respected in the prop collecting community.
    2. The Force FX sabers were never INTENDED to be what Jeff Parks makes. They were intended to be a "toy for big kids", sold through mass-market retailers, in mass-market quantities. What Parks Sabers offers are SERIOUS props, sold in small quantity through direct mail order sales, to the true prop enthusiast. Also, many of the features on the Force FX Sabers were shaped by requirements from Lucasfilm Licensing. MR WANTED to do a removable blade, but LFL wouldn't ALLOW them to make the product that way. They cited all sorts of liability concerns as the reason.
    3. MR has stated that the Force FX technology is NOT static, that it WILL change and improve over time. So, future sabers in the series (such as the upcoming Darth Vader model) will hopefully be better.

7. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    Why are people having so many problems with the Force FX lightsaber? I have it, and the only problem that I had with it was the delivery time. I haven't had a single problem with it, product wise. I just hope the Darth Vader version is released soon. I would like to get a Parks model, as they are very cool, but can't afford the prices he is asking.

8. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I also wish the vader fx was released soon. I didnt get the Anakin one, because everything always got pushed to a later date. I first ordered it from MR, but that was pushed back months, then I went to sear.com and was looking at delivery dates and that got pushed back 3 times, so I just gave up.

9. VECTORPLEX

VECTORPLEX Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2003
    I own a pair of Anakin Skywalker Force FX Lightsabers, one for display and the other kept in the box. The FX lightsaber is a wonderful piece of craftsmanship, however it drains alot of power from the batteries. Whenever the batteries start running low, the blade will still light up, but the igniter sound will tend to flicker from time to time.
    Another flaw with the lightsaber prop is the hilt. The triangular indented screw that holds the top piece of the hilt isn't firmly tight with the lower piece. Also, the tip of the blade doesn't light up, which takes away from the movie authenticity.

I am looking forward towards the release of the Darth Vader FX lightsaber this summer. I also hope Master Replicas will come out with a Mace Windu FX lightsaber or a Qui Gon Jinn FX saber.

10. tun_dot_com

tun_dot_com Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2002
    What I'd really like to see is a Darth Maul FX Lightsaber. [face_evil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.