main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force FX Lightsabers...

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by razzy1319, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuccaneerOrange

BuccaneerOrange Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2006

well if you must know there is a thin layer of nicotine covering the whole apparatus... no im kidding... i have no idea, but i know what you're feeling... i felt it too a few months ago and now i have 3 of these things and im looking for the 4th

2. Adrena1in

Adrena1in Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2005
    Well, I've been out of the loop for a while here...more Lukes on the way, Yoda FX out already...I wonder if, now that the dark evenings are closing in, it's time to renew my interest.

All I've got these days is an original Luke ROTJ, which is boxed and up in the loft...wonder if it still works. I was going to get it out a couple of months ago. I was cycling around my new neighbourhood when I saw a kid playing with a cheap plastic saber. He was on his own, swinging and spinning it about, obviously wanting someone to duel with. I thought how cool it would be to pop home, pick up the Luke ROTJ, and go back out and challenge him to a duel...

...though in this nanny-state his dad would've probably called the Police and I'd have been arrested for assaulting a minor. :rolleyes:

"This one have I watched for a long time."

3. Adrena1in

May 6, 2005
    Ooh, I know what I was going to ask.

Have any of the new sabers, (the Luke ROTJ was just being released when I last posted on this thread), got the different Power-Up sound? You know, the fast "BWANG!" sound? I wish they'd include that in the effects some day.

4. illbeats

illbeats Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Hahaha'
    Yeah my cable is out,so I just want my advance copy of Bandit Jedis Saber spins all day.
    Check my newest video.
    It is saber spin number 10 from Bandit Jedi Dvd that will be out shortly at fx-sabers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAmnauJCWSg

5. illbeats

Jun 22, 2005
    Hey check out my halloween 2006 duel Force Fx video.

Lightsabers used.
    Blue Anakin EP3 Force Fx Lightsabers
    and
    Luke ROTJ custom JSS Lux conversion

Check out the little kids that go nuts about a 40 seconds into the video hehe!!

http://forcefx.proboards43.com/index.cgi?board=dueling&action=display&thread=1162413466&page=1

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVE05MXrr3Q

6. Adrena1in

May 6, 2005
    I like the Luke ROTJ custom JSS Lux conversion there. Did you do that yourself, or get it done? In the out-of-focus parts you could definitely see more bightness near the hilt-end of the blade, and I've always thought that was a "feature" that would look good on an FX Saber.

I always wanted to build a custom saber, with LEDs or EL wire, and was going to focus more light nearer the hilt, but I never got round to it. Perhaps I should butcher my old Luke ROTJ, (the only saber I have now), and pick this project up again.

7. Chowser

Chowser Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    JSS is JediSaberSmith.

if you do a search, you'll find his site. He does lots of conversions.

I also have the JSS Luke Hero conversion with the polish option too.

JSS does great stuff.

He did my Mace and an Obi-Wan AOTC luxeon conversions.

8. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Recently got the Obi-Wan Kenobi Force FX lightsaber! It was on sale at Brian's Toys and actually was a smooth transaction too! Such a sweet lightsaber, so much fun!

Does anyone know if MR is planning on making the Emperor's as a Force FX? I totally want that one! :D

~DZ

9. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    ugh, another line i've slacked off on.

10. Jedi-Relik

Jedi-Relik Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2005
    Anyone seen a pic of the "Joe Jedi", lightsaber Master Replicas is putting out?

11. BuccaneerOrange

BuccaneerOrange Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2006
    ive been wondering the same thing... about ANY of the new stuff MR is doing for the 30th anniversary

12. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Went to my local Hasting's today and was pleased to find a display full of FX Sabers. Got the Obi-Wan for 89.99 and the Maul for 189.99.

I'm amazed how bright the obi-wan is, even in daylight. I really like the Maul in single saber form. It's got a nice weight and balance.

13. Bandit-Jedi

Bandit-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2001
    So far, the only FFX product confirmed is the Yoda FX for 2007. All the others that were reported on are "possibilities" for the year. Some will go into production and some will be put on the back burner.
    Most of the products mentioned have only gotten as far as an idea on paper.

14. illbeats

Jun 22, 2005
    Master Bandit I just want to thank you again for making the OfficialLIGHTSABER SPIN TUTORIALS DVD
    http://www.eitsrc.com/closeup.asp?cid=38&pid=112&offse
    It has saved me years of time.

15. DarthViper01

DarthViper01 Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2006
    I am thinking about getting the Darth Maul Force FX Saber (full staff version). Does anyone have any complaints about it? From what i hear, its a pretty cool saber and sounds and looks great.

16. Bandit-Jedi

Bandit-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2001
    The Double-Bladed Maul is my FAVORITE FFX to actually use. I can't tell you how much time I spend outside with it practicing and making up new spins.
    The great thing about the "Full" Maul is that it is like 3 sabers in 1. You get the "saberstaff" and you get matching "dual" sabers and then of course a "battle-damaged" single saber.
    A lot of people complain about its weight when used as a single saber, but I think that comes from holding it wrong. The saber has to be held right under the emitter rings with your hand wrapped around the "fins". This distributes the weight a little better and if you want perfect weight then just leave the couple on the end of one and it is near perfect balance.

The best thing about the Maul is the blade, its darn near indestructible. The Maul has the thickest polycarbonate blade of any of the FFX's and after repeated drops and some hard whacks against the blade...there are no marks or problems with the LED's.

If you want to check out my full review with comprehensive pics you can go here:
    http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=3923.0

17. DarthViper01

DarthViper01 Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2006

Thank you.. I am going to order it Friday from the master Replicas website.. For the price, i can now see that it's worth it..

18. illbeats

Jun 22, 2005
    I though you peeps that where thinking of going Luxeon would enjoy this.
    It shows the VAST improvements a fiber optic blade on a lux has.
    No more are Lux crappy looking at the tip of the blade..
    Here is a Luke Lux vs Luke Stock video

Click here for the video
    http://forcefx.proboards43.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=mr&thread=1165987694&page=1
    [image=http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9574/1234mo1.jpg]

Stock Ani and stock Maul and Lux Luke
    [image=http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3702/redbluegreen9oj6.jpg]

19. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Got the Mace Windu one for X-mas! Totally cool looking, just wish the blade color was a bit darker. Other than that it's tops!

Now I just want Maul's double saber and the ROTJ Luke one. Oh and the Emperor's if they ever make his! :D

~DZ

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Rebelscum has a couple of pics of the upcoming Yoda saber. You can see the story here. The story says it is due out by the end of January.

21. Chowser

Chowser Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    CS Members can start preordering on the 10th. Everyone else on the 11th.

22. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yay, I can actually post in this thread now as I got the Anakin lightsaber for my birthday. [face_dancing]

Ok, now to my question, I took the yellow stickers off and in one place there's some sticky residue left behind. I'm wondering what I can use to remove it that won't mar the finish.

EDIT: Just remembered, if you want one and don't want to order it over the net, try Costco. No, I'm not joking. I saw the Darth Vader lightsaber there a couple of months ago and for than list price too! That's where my parents got my Anakin saber, also from what my mother was saying this morning, it sounds as though they may have had some of the scaled replicas as well.

23. Kia-Ruse

Kia-Ruse Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Finally! An Obi Wan TPM/AOTC FX Lightsaber! Does anyone know if any promotional photos have been released yet for this FX like the Yoda? Dying to see what this thing will look like!

24. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    WHAT!?!?!?! Where is the news of the Obi TPM?

That woukd be an awsome saber, very good hilt for dueling with. Cant wait to get my hands on one

25. Kia-Ruse

Kia-Ruse Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Right here!

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1479/fxmr5eh8.jpg

Go one page back in this thread. It is about time! I still think Obi Wan's AOTC is the most stylish lightsaber in the whole saga!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.