main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force FX Lightsabers...

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by razzy1319, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Logan

Jedi_Knight_Logan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    I couldn't agree more. Even if they wanted to re-hash a saber, how about a led Anakin AOTC? I'm waiting anxiously for a Obi-Wan AOTC and a Qui-Gon TPM,being that they are my two favorite Jedi.

BTW, can anyone give me a link to JSS? Everytime I've tried to log on to his site over the last two days I get a message reading "This page d\cannot be completed" This usually means that a site has gone bye bye. I know he's recently changed the name to Equinox, does he have a new web address? Any help would be great.-Thanks

2. Chowser

Chowser Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    JSS is redoing his website so it's down at the moment.

3. Jedi_Knight_Logan

Jedi_Knight_Logan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    I figured it was something like that, thanks.

4. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    OK, as long as I'm not alone in this matter.

Come on MR, give us something new. I would love an AOTC Obi Wan.

5. Ti-el_Terall

Ti-el_Terall Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2006
    They never di a RotJ Vader. They did ANH ESB and now a better ANH. Theve allready said that Sidouse and Dooku are posibilities for 2008.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Any Force FX users who are going to C4 might want to check out the Force FX Combat Trials section here on the MR website.

7. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I wrote a little comment in the mater replicas official thread about this..... wonder how many sabers will break.

8. illbeats

illbeats Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Here is the long awaited and first Yoda Force Fx video to hit the Internet
    Force-fx.com has again been the first to bring the world video of Masterreplicas newest Force Fx lightsaber.
    Click here to watch the video
    http://forcefx.proboards43.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=rvs&thread=1174618140&page=1

[image=http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7767/dscf2272zj6.jpg]

9. Darth_Phineas

Darth_Phineas Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2004
    Picked up my Yoda FFXs this morning.

After only tinkering with it for a little bit, I'm actually pleased with the item. It's very much similar in construction quality to the Maul FFX. Given it's size in relation to the LE/EE Yoda and how that one measure up to the LE/EE Sidious, there is no reason they cannot do a Sidious FFX at this point.

Incidentally, JD @ The Saber Vault appeared to be shipping his orders very soon - possibly even eariler today.

10. SithLadyChristy

SithLadyChristy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2005
    I agree with Jedi_Knight_Logan on the issue of the AOTC Anakin FFX. That's my second-favorite hilt in the saga, after the ANH Luke. I'd love to see the AOTC Anakin re-issued with an LED blade, louder sounds and in the latest-generation specifications (hilt size true to actual prop with 3 AAA batteries). While they're at it, I'd like them to redo Mace's one more time, with actual purple LEDs. I'll admit that what's been issued so far is better than nothing, but that whole blue LEDs/pink diffuser business doesn't exactly thrill me.
    Also, I'd like to see ROTS and ROTJ Vader FFXs.
    I'm very happy with the current lineup, though. I especially can't wait to get my hands on the ANH Luke. This is shaping up to be quite the exciting anniversary year, in my opinion. :)

11. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    Agreed on all counts, SLC. Although, I would like to see them finish off the prequel trilogy before going back into all the different versions of the same sabers from the original trilogy. The AotC Anakin would be a nice re-release, but the feedback was that the orignal version sold poorly because people just didn't like the Anakin character in AotC. True story. Still, given how the FFX line has been doing for MR, it'd make sense to go back and give it another chance.

12. SithLadyChristy

Oct 6, 2005
    Darth_Phineas..... I remember hearing that same story myself, about how Anakin wasn't a very likable character in AOTC, that he was too "whiny." But then, so was Luke in ANH. (But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power convertors!) [face_laugh]
    So, what does this mean? Do we have to wait until 2032 before AOTC is considered to be as much of a classic as ANH is? But I digress. Whether Anakin was a likable character in AOTC or not, his saber hilt is still my second-favorite, after Luke's in ANH. I'd love to see MR do it over again.
    I know you're lusting after a Qui-Gon FFX. You're not alone. Just think, though..... The longer we all have to wait for it, the better the technology in it is going to be. ;)
    And I agree with you on the issue of the Sidious FFX. True, if they can make a hilt the size of Yoda's, they ought to be able to make a Sidious. But the Yoda's blade is shorter than all of the others. If/when they make a Sidious, I'll want the blade to be the standard full length. But I'll also want it to be sturdy enough to be able to stand up to some violent swings. I wonder if we can have a full-length sturdy blade in such a short hilt. I hope so.

13. Adrena1in

Adrena1in Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2005
    Is it just me, or would anyone else like to see new sounds. (I mean "hear" new sounds of course!) Been waiting for years for the faster powerup sound, a la Luke ROTJ on Endor before he lops the front of the Stormtrooper's speeder off.

14. darthsisious

darthsisious Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2006
    i really hope that masterreplicas keeps making fx lightsabers for awhile..i mean just because the saga is complete star wars is still alive..[face_dancing]

15. darthsisious

Aug 29, 2006
    oo and yea i would like to hear new sounds of course and I think the hilts shouldnt be as thick so you can have a really great grip i mean if u look at the movies they look very thin..[face_peace]

16. darthsisious

Aug 29, 2006
    i think master replicas should make the following:::
    -darth sidious fx lightsaber
    -darth vader episode 3 fx
    -qui-gon-jinn fx
    -count dooku fx

it would be great to have those sabers lol..o god i love this llol[:D]

17. illbeats

Jun 22, 2005
    Darth vader ANH Force Fx Lightsaber Video
    VIDEO LINK and review link:
    http://forcefx.proboards43.com/index.cgi?board=rvs&action=display&thread=1177970798&page=1#1177970798

Here are a couple pics from the review

[image=http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/2148/dscf2482du8.jpg]

[image=http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/8466/dscf2492fo6.jpg]

Again I am first in the world ( for 2 years of MR FFX) to bring the world the first video of a brand new forc efx lightsaber.enjoy!!

18. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Looks like they get better leds for the blade, no spotting like my Vader one.

Does it power up faster or is it the same as the previous model?

19. illbeats

Jun 22, 2005
    watch the video,I show the power up and down many times.

20. SithLadyChristy

Oct 6, 2005
    Not everyone is able to watch videos online. Why not just answer his question? I'm sure he isn't the only one who's curious.

21. illbeats

Jun 22, 2005
    sure everyone can watch the video,its a youtube,and honestly idk I don`t have a Vader esb anymore.
    He would have to watch and see for himself,thats why I said that.

22. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    Then I'll be 'the first in the world' :rolleyes: to answer your question.

It powers up (and powers down) the same speed as my ESB Vader and my 1st-Gen ANH Vader. It has the same sounds as the ESB, which means the annoying messed-up sound from the 1st-Gen ANH is gone. Essentially, this is the ESB Vader with a few cosmetic changes.. no joke. Let's hope the ANH Luke is something more than a made-over RotS Anakin - I've heard it's a totally new saber from the ground up, so we'll see in another few weeks.

From what I've been hearing about the spotting, it's been an issue with the foam diffuser in the blades and they've been making regular strides to improve in that area.

Regarding a better AotC Anakin, until MR goes that route any do-it-yourself types can get an aluminum shround for less than $30 from Ultrasabers. Then just remove the faux wires and swap out with a blue blade. Not 100% accurate, but it'll be the best option until MR revisits the model.

From what I hear, we should be seeing the AotC (or is it TPM) Obi-Wan this Fall. If they can keep from going back to ANOTHER Vader model, we might be able to get them to plow through all the other models next. Sure, a RotS and a RotJ Vader might be great for the total enthusiast, but there are already 3 Vaders and 3 Lukes (about to be 4) and 2 Windus... cut us some slack and give the people that keep the business alive what we want.

Maybe after the 30th Anniv hoopla is over, they'll get back to business.

23. illbeats

Jun 22, 2005
    Uncalled-for

24. SithLadyChristy

Oct 6, 2005
    =D= Darth_Phineas and LAJ_FETT

25. darthsisious

Aug 29, 2006
    hey guys if u havent noticed ultrasabers have changed the site and is now selling new sabers [face_dancing] i have the yoda fx lightsaber and i cant take my eye of it ...im so happy[face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.