main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force FX Lightsabers...

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by razzy1319, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Phineas

Darth_Phineas Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2004
    Ultra Sabers has some cool stuff. When I find another spare ESB Vader, I'm going to get one of the aluminum shrouds to do a pseduo-conversion to a AotC Anakin.

2. Torakak

Torakak Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2007
    ^^^ be sure to post up some pics :D hehe

3. darthsisious

darthsisious Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2006
    i really want to see them make a qui gon jinn fx lightsaber and the count dooku fx lighsaber tht will be awesome[face_praying]

4. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    I believe the UltraSabers site has some pics up.

5. darthsisious

darthsisious Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2006
    i dont know if you guys would agree but i feel like they should make fx lightsabers tht shocks the other when u strike them. the only thing tht wont shock u is the hilt..i dont know it sounds like a good idea to me
    and itll make u feel closer to being i na battle of the movies of star wars
    now u can be the jedi or the sith=D=

6. Darth_Gouda

Darth_Gouda Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2005
    I'm bored with Master Replicas. I destroyed my Maul Force FX lightsaber beating up a bum who was in my yard the other day. He damn near **** his pants when he saw me coming at him with that thing.

7. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    They will not be around to worry about anymore this time next year.

HONG KONG--Corgi International Limited (Nasdaq GM:CRGI) today announced that it has notified Lucasfilm Ltd. that the company has withdrawn its offer to secure a new license agreement for Star Wars products starting January 1, 2008. The company's existing license with Lucasfilm Ltd. for Star Wars products expires on December 31, 2007. Lucasfilm Ltd. had previously notified the company that it was not willing to provide a new license on the terms proposed by the company. Corgi believes that it is not in the best interest of its shareholders to accept a new license on the terms proposed by Lucasfilm Ltd.

While Corgi does not expect to secure a new license for Star Wars products from Lucasfilm Ltd. starting January 1, 2008, the company continues to expect to generate approximately 20% of total net sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2008 from sales of products from the licensed properties of Lucasfilm Ltd. As such, the company is maintaining the guidance issued on February 20, 2007 regarding the fiscal year ending March 31, 2008.

CEO Michael Cookson commented, "We have enjoyed our six year relationship with Lucasfilm Ltd. and the work that we have done with Lucasfilm Ltd. to help grow and expand the Star Wars franchise. Jointly, we have developed some of the highest quality and coolest products for the core Star Wars fans. At the same time, Corgi is committed to building a healthy, profitable company. Unfortunately, the company and Lucasfilm Ltd. were unable to agree on terms for securing a new license starting in January 1, 2008. We look forward to continuing to develop growth opportunities at Corgi, thanks to our product development expertise, our strong distribution and our portfolio of license and non license business.?

8. Darth_Gouda

Feb 8, 2005
    Actually, I was joking, bro.

I actually posted that to see if I was unbanned. I was.

I have a bunch of the .45 sabers and blasters. I never bought any FFX sabers. I was going to grab a few of the scaled helmets, but yeah, my interest in them has gone away. I like the ones I have, they look pretty damn cool, but I have recently been putting most of my 'fun' money into musical instruments and toys that you plug them into.

EDIT : As soon as I heard they merged (or whatever) with that other company, I knew they were done.

9. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    Here is the Lucasfilm Press Release :

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (May 15, 2007) ? Lucasfilm Ltd. said today that the license granted to one of its collectibles licensees, Corgi International Ltd., would expire at the end of 2007 and would not continue because the parties were unable to agree on terms for a renewal of the license. Corgi has made replicas of iconic Star Wars lightsabers, weapons, helmets, and other props under the brand name of Master Replicas.

?We deeply regret that we and Corgi could not come to terms on a new agreement,? said Howard Roffman, President of Lucas Licensing. ?We had very much hoped to continue working with them. We know our fans and collectors really love this category and we are working as quickly as possible to bring in new licensees to replace both Master Replicas and Cards Inc.?

Late last year, through a merger and acquisition, Master Replicas and Cards Inc., a U.K. distributor and manufacturer of collectibles and also a Lucasfilm Star Wars licensee, became a part of Corgi International Ltd.

Lucasfilm Ltd. is one of the world?s leading film and entertainment companies. Founded by George Lucas in 1971, it is a privately held, fully integrated entertainment company. In addition to its motion-picture and television production operations, the company?s global businesses include Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound; Lucasfilm Animation; LucasArts Entertainment; Lucas Licensing and Lucas Online. Lucasfilm?s feature films have won 19 Oscars and its television projects have won 12 Emmy Awards.

I've got my Bothans checking in to this to get more of the real story or possibly any additional news. When that news comes in, ya'll be the 'first in the world' to know.

10. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    How are ultrasabers allowed to sell this stuff, I thought MR were the only ones who had the rights to produce SW sabers? Any reason LF hasn't shut them down?

11. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    Depends on what you mean. Places like Ultrasabers and Parks are not really doing anything to rip off LFL. Parks, for example, refers to the pieces by the names the items went by before LFL turned them into props. From what we've all seen in other instances, if there were any copyright issues, LFL would've already had them shut down.

12. Darth_Gouda

Feb 8, 2005
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna grab 4 Scaled replica display cases, 3 more sabers (I already have 9), and one or 2 more blasters before it's over... maybe some Spiderman props.... and maybe one FFX of some kind.

13. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Ep 6 Luke is mine this coming weekend at CIV. Im hoping a dealer will have them since they pulled out of CIV the other day.

14. Imrahil_the_Wise

Imrahil_the_Wise Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2007
    Hi all, I'm new on this forum and I need some advices:
    I'm looking forward to buy one of these beautiful fx lightsabers, but, until now, I've been unable to find clear and complete informations on the varius models and their tech details.
    Are there different version of the sabers (new and/or old models of the same saber)?
    All of them work with 3 batteries or some require 6?
    Brightness and sound effect are all of the same quality?
    The quality of the hilt is the same on all sabers?

Sorry for the noob questions, but it seems impossible to find clear info among the great confusion all over the web.
    Just for example: on the official web site there is no anakin saber (excluded the one yet to come), but I found someone selling it on ebay!

Thanks for your patience.

15. Chowser

Chowser Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    Ultrasabers can sell because they aren't marketing anything that's copyrighted. All their movie stuff is actual Master Replica stuff modified to use luxeons. Their custom stuff is just that, custom, nothing matching anything in the movies.

I just wish MR would've released a Obi-Wan TPM/AOTC Force-FX before this announcement. Guess I'll have to live with my Larbel Obi-Wan. I wonder if the Yoda Force-FX electronics are small enough to fit so I can finally have sound in it.

16. Imrahil_the_Wise

May 20, 2007
    Is there anyone out there?
    I need help.

17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Things are a bit quiet right now. Quite a few users are travelling for Celebration IV, which starts on Thursday in LA. I don't collect the Force FX sabers so I really can't offer any help.

18. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    Some of the answers may be a relative issues - i.e., brightness, sound quality.

1 - For starters MR started out with EL versions of the AotC Anakin and the RotJ Luke, then released a LED version of the RotJ Luke a while back, which is far superior by anyone's ideals. There is a AotC Mace Windu and a RotS Mace Windu, but it's the same thing. Most recently, the updated the ANH Vader by making it smaller and addressing some issues with the sounds... essentially, it is the ESB Vader with shorter grips and a slightly different activator box.

2 - The older ones require 6 AAs = AotC EL Anakin, ESB Luke, old ANH Vader, AotC/RotS Windu. Newer ones require 3 AAs = ESB Vader, RotS Anakin, RotJ LED Luke, RotS Obi-Wan, new ANH Vader. The Yoda and the Darth Maul run on AAAs.

3 - Aside from the Yoda, they all have the same size and number of LED lights, so the brightness should be the same... in theory. But some do appear to be brighter than others. All the red sabers have the exact same sounds and # of sounds. The blue and green ones have more clashing noises. Once again, some do sounds as if they are louder than others.

4 - Quality depends on what you are looking for. Personally, the Mace Windu is probably my least favorite in this area, as the gold on the buttons tend to wear off and there is a blotchy look to the light coming from the blade, as well as not really being the purple color that is expected. I'm not saying it is a bad product... just my opinion. Also, a few sabers have a glossier finish to them, so it may mean one might want to polish them after each handling... yet the Yoda, RotJ Luke and Darth Maul have more of a flat finish to them.

What I've said before and tend to stand behind is the concept that one should really get input from as many sources as possible. If someone says, "OMG!!11 Da' Obi-1 is da' bomb with mad skillz and a wicked brite blade!!!1", I might be inclined to not give that opinion much weight. A great forum full of very, very serious prop replica people is the forum over at RebelScum.com. They grade props on a lot deeper level, in my opinion.

A disturbance in The Force tells me that there might still be one more FFX saber later this year... aside from the ANH Luke that should be out in a few weeks.

19. Imrahil_the_Wise

May 20, 2007
    Thanks for your accurate advices, i'll keep all those thing in mind.
    Sadly there is a dark side in all this: in italy these sabers are really expensive (150-200 Euro).
    I'll see.
    Thanks again

20. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    The aftermarket on ebay is a lot more reliable than it was a few years ago. You might be able to find a deal that would even offset the international shipping and make it more affordable than what you have in Italy. It might be worth a shot. Also, I think LAJ_FETT is in the European market, so you might find some pointers there.

21. El Kabong

El Kabong Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 28, 1999

Damn, I'd better get off my ass and pick up the one or two FX sabers I dont have. Oh, and that means I'd better hurry up and get that Blaster I was thinking about grabbing someday. Curse you, big business!

22. Darth_Chewy-bacca

Darth_Chewy-bacca Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    I don't have an FX saber and I was thinking about getting one since I realized recintly they went form $200 to about a $100 were I live. I wanted to get the Ep.6 Luke but I just wanted to make sure if it was a good choice or not.

23. Ti-el_Terall

Ti-el_Terall Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2006
    Thats a great choice, especially since they are sold out now. I find that the Luke is good for spinning, its nice and light!

24. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    Still looks like mid-to-late June for the ANH Luke. Supposedly, this one is a totally new saber.

The last I heard, prior to the licensing announcment, there were plans to release a TPM/AotC Obi-Wan this Fall. I wouldn't be surprised if that still happens.

25. Chowser

Chowser Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    Some people did see it at the MR party recently (where the Luke V2 prop was stolen, has since been returned). But the Obi TPM FX suffered from FAT syndrome. They were saying it looked like a chromed Hasbro. Now, this could've been an OLD, OLD prototype before the Yoda and ANH remakes were made with newer, better, smaller tech. Now, if they were to try to remake it with new tech, it would be awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.