main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force FX Lightsabers...

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by razzy1319, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Phineas

Darth_Phineas Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2004
    It'd be hard for it to be any fatter than the Mace FFX. [face_whistling] Still, with what they've been doing with the Maul, the Yoda, the Anakin, the Vader... I bet this one will come in on par. At least the appearance of the proto means that there might still be one in the pipe.

2. Remud_Starkiller

Remud_Starkiller Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2007
    One can only hope...

3. Remud_Starkiller

May 23, 2007
    I noticed there hasn't been much chatter around here lately, and I wanted to see if I could generate some conversation.
    When I heard the news about MR and Lucasfilm I got to thinking about what Force FX sabers I wanted to own, and I'd like to hear everyones else's. Keep the lists brief (3-5), and maybe a reason for why this saber is important to you?

1:An updated AOTC Anakin- I missed out the first time, and I would like to own all of Anakin's Prequel sabers.

2:Qui-Gon Jinn- I must have 3 of the extendable blade (non light-up) sabers with this hilt, and it is by far, one of my favorites. The grip is fantastic, IMO.

3:TPM/AOTC Obi-Wan- It's only fair that fans of arguably the greatest pound for pound Jedi in the GFFA get their opportunity to own every saber in the set.

4:plo Koon or Quinlan Vos- I'd really like to see one sort of "original" saber. Something not seen in the movies, but still well documented enough that there is an acceptable and visually intersting hilt. (Although someone could very easily persuade me into changing my vote to Darth Sidious' ROTS blade.)

4. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    TPM/AotC Obi-Wan - which I think might be a possibility before the license expires

TPM Qui-Gonn - a necessity to close out all the major sabers from TPM. I also think MR can squeeze this one through the pipeline this year if they really made the effort. Plus, it'd be the only other significant green saber from the movies.

That would pretty much be it. A RotS Vader, RotJ Vader or ANH Obi-Wan would be nice, but we already have other Vaders and a pretty nice Obi. A lot of people want a Sidious or a Dooku, but even with the advances shown in the Yoda, I'm not so certain it can be done very well at this point.

Any other saber than those would just be background characters.

5. Remud_Starkiller

May 23, 2007
    I noticed over at the MR site that they have an LE Qui-Gon. Does that not make it easier for them since they already have plans and schematics on the hilt? It would seem to me that someone could put the guts of a Luke saber inside a hollowed out one? I have no experience with the LE sabers, so could something like that be done?

6. Chowser

Chowser Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    from AMY, posted on masterreplicas.com forum ..

I just called Bryan on his cell and the X-Wing is on!!!! Some other good news, Lucas approved us doing a Dooku FX and a Qui-Gonn FX!! Now this doesn't mean it will happen because we have to have it done by the end of he year but we are going to work our hardest to see that it does!

7. Chowser

Feb 14, 2005
    update

this was just posted by MRBryan after the trivia night was over..

A couple corrections:

1. It is a Obi Ep I FX Lightsaber and not the Qui Gon..

So MR is planning on doing the Dooku and Obi-Wan TPM FX sabers before they quit.

8. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    I've heard that they'd like to clear out any models they can get out by the end of the year. It's a matter of the logistics. Typically, it is about a year from paper to being in customer's hands. Squeezing any additional models out in 6 months is a stretch, but not impossible. The Obi-Wan model is a given, as it's been on the books for many months already. If they can get out a Dooku, they can easily get out a Qui-Gon.

9. Remud_Starkiller

May 23, 2007
    I know this might not be the place to post this, but MR is now doing an LE Mara Jade saber. Once again, whats to stop them from taking the guts of another saber and putting them in the hilt? Does it not work like that?

10. Chowser

Feb 14, 2005
    there isn't enough room in any of the LEs or CEs to put in the electronics.

11. Chowser

Feb 14, 2005
    speaking of Mara's lightsaber, they went on sale today at 9am PST for CS members, I just went and checked and it's sold out already.
    \

12. Kit_Nihilus

Kit_Nihilus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2007
    Looks like the Luke ANH Fx is shipping..
    Master Andy Anonymous just posted a awesome review at this link
    http://forcefx.proboards43.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=rvs&thread=1181776363&page=1

[image=http://www.andyanonymous.com/images/lukeanh/IMG_0824sm.JPG]
    The Luke ANH -- potentially Master Replicas' final Force FX saber -- has finally arrived, and all of your questions are about to be answered.
    LINK:
    http://forcefx.proboards43.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=rvs&thread=1181776363&page=1

13. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    Looks like the Mara Jade is already sold out. It was interesting that they offered free shipping and that they were all signature editions being sold at a lower price. Makes one wonder what kind of offers they might make on the rest of the FFXs they will try to get out before the license expires. Anybody expecting too see a big garage sale immediately after Christmas??

In true form for MR, it's always a kick to see them tell suppliers it'll be moved from May to June, then June to July, then to see them show up in people's hands in the 1st half of June. It almost looked like they were getting better about pinning down release dates - something they might ought to tighten up if they are sincere about getting 2 more FFXs out this year (because we really need another blue saber and another red saber).

Comic Con is just around the corner, so we should be expecting to see more news soon about what they're going to be able to do before the license is gone. Maybe the new Obi-Wan will have advanced from the prototype to the shelf model by then. Given that they use 2 overseas factories that can put out 2 models at a time, it still might be possible for them to clean up the rest of the major sabers. Is everyone crossing their fingers???

14. Kit_Nihilus

May 9, 2007
    Let me beat Phin to it:)

You can still buy a Mara Jade from thesabervault.

15. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
  16. JediWolst23

JediWolst23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Just got an Anakin ROTS for 38 pounds on eBay not bad me thinks

Now which one shall I get now?????

17. Kit_Nihilus

May 9, 2007
    I just got this event message from MR on Myspace

[image=http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4710/mycodelf0.jpg]
    Master Replicas is giving 20% off all this month to our Myspace friends!
    The 20% discount code is MYSPACE20 and is good for for 20% off In Stock items valid until June 30, 2007.

Once again the coupon code is MYSPACE20

http://www.MasterReplicas.com

On top of that,we are also giving free shipping on all (in stock) Force Fx lightsabers!!.

I know this is a code for MR myspace friends,but im sure they wont mind if we use it too ;)

But in good taste if you use it you should add MR as a Myspace friend.
    Here is the MR myspace link ;)
    http://www.myspace.com/masterreplicas

18. hockeyman4333

hockeyman4333 Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2007
    If you are about to buy a light saber what would you think the best to buy would be? I need some god advice!!!

19. Remud_Starkiller

May 23, 2007
    My vote is for the Luke Episode IV. I only have the Anakin ROTS, and I hear they are similar, but with the Luke improving on the design.

20. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    Then try praying. ;)

If you want some good advice then dig back through the pages of this thread to see what people have been saying about the different ones over the years. If you have a retail outlet near you that carries them, go put your hands on a few. Currently, I think Sharper Image and Spencers has them in-store. Borders Books might, but call first.

21. Count_Doodie

Count_Doodie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2006
    i purchased a yoda fx and it arrived this morning. it's beautiful BUT there is a dark spot 3/4 of the way up the blade. is this normal or should i ask for another one?

-doodie

22. Darth_Phineas

Oct 29, 2004
    Can you post a pic of the dark spot? Is it just dimmer or is it super dark? How much of the blade is dark? Do you think it something with the diffuser or a bad LED? Are you using super-fresh batteries (some can be picky about batteries)? Have you called MR or the place you bought it?

In other news, one of my Bothans told me they expect the ANH Luke FFX to start shipping next week.

23. Qui-Cold_Ginn

Qui-Cold_Ginn Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2006
    That's the one FFX I want. It looks beauty.

Just got my scaled Luke - VI and 4 display cases in the past few days.

Now, I need a cool place to set them up and I still want 4 more scaled sabers, another case and a few other scaled replicas.

24. Remud_Starkiller

May 23, 2007
    It looks like MR has the Ep. III Obi-Wan back in stock. This causes a big dilemma for me, as I'm now concerned that they will sell out again, and then not have any around September-December. If they do no release any new models, or re-release Anakin's AOTC saber, this will probably be the one I get. I'd like to wait to see if there is going to be anything new though, just in case.

25. Jerdu_Slmor

Jerdu_Slmor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2007
    u guys know a lot what r ff sabers the ones that pop out yaw confusin me with this starwards lingo u cats are using could someone explain what all htis means

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.