main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force FX Lightsabers...

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by razzy1319, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count_Doodie

Count_Doodie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2006
    i tried that but there hasnt been any recent sales of that particular fx edition. i'll keep watching it tho.
    -doodie

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Unlocking this and upping it for Vassago.

3. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Much appreciated. I'll just copy and paste my message.

I was sad to hear that MR was losing the ability to produce MR Force FX lightsabers. I felt their items were fantastic and of great quality.

Has anyone purchased one of the new lightsabers, released by (I believe) Hasbro under the name Force FX? Also, if so...how do they compare?

I am asking because I recently saw this and flipped my lid; I've been waiting for this since MR was producing the lightsabers. I'm looking forward to buying one...if the quality is about the same to the MR 'sabers of times past.

Cany anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!

4. Dreossk

Dreossk Jedi Master star 1

May 2, 2008
    Hello,

I collect swords from different movies (well, I only have 2: Gandalf's and Beatrix Kiddo's) and since Star Wars is my favorite movie series I obviously wanted to get a lightsaber but it looks like they made too few of them and they are very expensive. Then I saw that "Force FX lightsaber" on eBay that was a lot cheaper and I bought it (didn't received it yet). There is a "permanently attached blade" on it that I can activate so it glows, I think I'm going to play with that for like 5 minutes when I'll get it then I'll want to remove it because it think it's kinda silly to see a huge white tube on my lightsaber on the wall display. I found on the Internet some website that modify lightsaber to add a removable stronger blade but it cost money and I have to send the lightsaber to them in another country and I don't like that. I assume that since they do that I can do it too so I was wondering if any of you know how to do this or know a tutorial somewhere that can help me. I searched on Google but it's seems to be a rare item. The model is the Master Replicas Force FX Lightsaber Anakin ROTS.

Thanks.

5. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey DV,

Both of the Darh Maul FX sabers I bought are from the Hasbro Signature Series and they are basically the MR sabers just with the Hasbro logo on the box and on the end cap. They look, feel and sound exactly the same as any of the MR FX sabers I own, excellent quality. I'm hoping they release the ROTJ Luke FX saber under their flag, because I'd like to have another green bladed saber other then my Yoda one!

~DZ

6. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey Zemog! Good to see you around. :)

Thanks for the reply. I will definitely be putting a pre-order on the Dooku saber with this information. Very good news! I also hope they re-release the 'Jedi' Luke saber; I have one of the original run, but the LED's are dimming. Unfortunate.

7. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I hadn't even realized Hasbro had been shipping the FX sabers until I was in TRU last week and noticed the 'Hasbro Signature Series' label on the corner of the FX box. Hard to tell that its a new shipment when you keep the same package design, folks.

8. Dreossk

May 2, 2008
    Someone found a guide to remove the blade? I don't want to buy anymore of these with that blade.

9. Dreossk

May 2, 2008
    Ok I found it. It was pretty far at the bottom of the Internet!

10. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    if any one wants to customize their saber I would recommend looking into craigslist the other day I seen 3 sabers for $70 each (vader, kenobi, and yoda's)and that's a great deal

11. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Anyone here pick up the Count Dooku Force FX Lightsaber? Been thinking of getting one but wasn't sure what the quality of them was like, so if anyone has one what are your thoughts on it?

12. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    I only seen pictures of it

13. LordWast

LordWast Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    Has anyone bought the new removable blade ones?

I just got a yoda FX today from books-a-million for $79.

I really wish they would make a Darth Sidious saber!!!

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Does anybody know where can I buy Force FX Lightsabers in Europe (with shipping)? I'm looking forward to buy Obiwan's lightsaber from episode I, but I can't find it anywhere. Only in the US...

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Have you tried Ebay UK? Also check Amazon UK - there might be a seller in the Amazon Marketplace.

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes, those were the first places I went searching, since I already have an account on both. And Amazon.com doesn't ship outside the US.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.