main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force FX Lightsabers...

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by razzy1319, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCCDDDZ

CCCDDDZ Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    How'd that happen? Well, yah sort of. If you go to someone who knows a lot about this stuff, like radio shack, they can take the blade out and fix or tighten what's loose.

2. Veers_1983

Veers_1983 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    thats what im worried's gonna happen to mine. Anyway they seem to "bolted" together at the shaft. Any advanced electronics shop should be able to do this for ya.

3. CCCDDDZ

CCCDDDZ Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Veers,

I'm almost 99% sure the blade wont come loose, unless you do one of the following things:

A. Strike the blade very hard, frequently.

B. It's defective, and was already loose to start with.

Also, take my advice. I've dueled with mine so many times, and there is only TINY mere scratches that appear. None of my blades are loose, even the ROTJ Luke Skywalker I got about 2 years ago.

4. Veers_1983

May 5, 2005
    My Darth Vader ANH is still shaking a bit though : /

Where did you buy yours?

5. CCCDDDZ

CCCDDDZ Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    What do you mean by shaking? You mean it sounds loose with that little thing shaking around? If so, it's nothing. It means from general wear and tear, a piece tht doesen't matter is loose.

I bought mine at www.Toynk.com a while ago.

6. Veers_1983

May 5, 2005
    If i shake my blade up and down its as if its not properly mounted on the shaft

7. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Mine kinda does that too... when I swing it I can feel the blade moving around a little inside the top of the hilt. It's probably normal... like the dark spots.

8. Veers_1983

May 5, 2005
    Mine doesnt have any dark spots.. just that damn shakin...

9. pika122689

pika122689 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2003
    Mine has slight dark spots, but I think it's hard to avoid that. If you look closely, it disappears, I was wondering if it was just an illusion or something..

10. CCCDDDZ

CCCDDDZ Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Well, actually from hitting it the dark spots appear because the LEDs are being banged around a little bit closer to the blade.

But if your blade shakes, it's ok. My ROTJ does that too, and I still duel with it. Lol.

11. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    Well, my saber had the darkspots the first time I activated it. I hadn't even banged it around yet.

12. CCCDDDZ

CCCDDDZ Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Correct,

This is because the sabers have "settled" from shipping, and the LED lights have already "set" into place.

13. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    So I exchanged my FX Ani saber at Border's this evening... no questions asked. They did it very quickly and they were very nice about it. I'd called before hand, and they were holding one for me behind the registers. I had to drive across town to a different store, since the one I got it at was sold out. I was concerned because the blade felt quite loose... and the dark spots of course.

Lo and behold... this one's exactly the same as the other. :p The blade is just as loose, and the dark spots are still there... and in the same location as they were in the other saber... two spots right in the middle. So I guess it's normal. :)

At least I know now that it's normal, so I can be fully happy with it and enjoy. :)

14. DarthDallas182

DarthDallas182 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    Yah my Ani FX was the same way... 2 little dark spots in the middle... ARRRGH i think they use 2 lights for the blade and thats where they are connected...
    Makes me mad, 100$ and still 2 blank spots.

15. DarthDallas182

Mar 20, 2005
    Oh, and another thing...
    where can i look at ALLLLLL the MR sabers?
    When you click on the Star wars collection on their main page, it only gives you links to the new FX's and all the other new sabers. Where can i see ALL of em?

16. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    Try this site. They have lots of cool stuff... images of the FX sabers and short vids. There are several sites that have pics of them... just do a Google. :)

17. Veers_1983

May 5, 2005
    Google is your friend :cool:

18. DarthDallas182

Mar 20, 2005
    lol ok ill do that TY.

19. goincommando

goincommando Jedi Master star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    I think these are great Star Wars mementoes, but I'm too cheap to buy them, so I stick with the Hasbro ones.

20. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    After getting my Force FX, I've been thinking to myself, "What in God's name was I thinking when I bought those Hasbro sabers?" :p

Mine has spoiled me so much. I'm now looking to get the Vader saber sometime. :)

21. DarthDallas182

Mar 20, 2005
    LOL dido, i had a darth maul hasbro one when i was like 9 and i thought it was the shizznit.
    But ummmm MR totaly changed my perspective on what "shizznit" is so yah im definitely going to get more MR products LOL.

22. CCCDDDZ

CCCDDDZ Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Well, all of my friends that see these get extatic. They all bought 2, and we ALWAYS are dueling. I'm so happy they are durable too!

23. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I'd love to get my hands on an ESB Vader one. I saw one at Best Buy, it was awesome looking.

24. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I was wrong about these. I saw a Vader one at Best Buy a few weeks ago and didnt like it much. I wasnt able to actually play with it though because they had it bolted down.

Yesterday I went to Borders and actually got to play around with the Anakin saber (the light wasnt working right) but got to feel how realistic these are and heard the sounds. I am now more impressed with these and likely to get one very soon.

25. Adrena1in

Adrena1in Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2005
    I'm glad to see that others have the Anakin AOTC saber and have mentioned the dark spots. Mine also has them. I thought perhaps the bloke I bought it off had duelled with it and damaged it, but now I see they're almost all like that.

I got a Luke ROTJ one the other day too, and even though I like the hilt, the blade's not as nice. One of the best bits of the Ani saber is the way the blade seems to extend as you fire it up, but the Luke doesn't do that. Shame.

Does anyone have a Mace Windu? Do these ones have the 64-LED strip in the blade, or the luminescent lining, like the Luke ROTJ? What makes me really wonder is that the Ani saber, when off, is white. The Vader ones seems the same too. But deactivated, the Luke blade you can tell is green, and the Mace blade you can tell is purple. Makes me think they both have the luminescent lining paper.

"Away, put your weapon. I mean you no harm."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.