main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force FX Lightsabers...

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by razzy1319, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I've heard that there are no purple LEDs for some reason. So that saber doesn't do that. I might be misinformed, though. I don't see why they can't make purple.

2. Asteroid_Jay

Asteroid_Jay Jedi Master

May 13, 2003
    Anyone know where to find a Luke ESB?

3. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I think those were already out and have seen them on ebay for well over $300. Not sure if you can just buy them outright anywhere.

4. FOX2005

FOX2005 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    I was under the impression that the Mace Windu saber will be re released in June. The original batches are out there just not being made again at this time.

5. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    You can order the Luke ESB on the Master Replicas site. It's $119.99.

6. Master-HeIsnojedI

Master-HeIsnojedI Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    I got my force fx anakin saber about two weeks ago stopped by my friends local comic shop showed them they were in awe. Then the one dude went and got the vader one.lol Is there some sorta kickback program for selling these?lol Kidding peace

btw i like the anakin saber better then the new vader brighter and sounds better more effects etc.

7. Asteroid_Jay

Asteroid_Jay Jedi Master

May 13, 2003
    Anyone know how long it takes to recieve things from the Master Replicas website?

8. CCCDDDZ

CCCDDDZ Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    I'd never order from MR, but it'll take them bout a week. That's how long it took for my ROTJ Luke.

9. Veers_1983

Veers_1983 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    http://www.xoxide.com/triledpu80fa.html

aparently there are. But it must be very expensive to produce as it is not one of the three main colours. (Blue, Red, Green)

10. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    In that case, they can still do a green ligthsaber with LEDs. :D

I'd prefer Luke's, but if they came out with Qui-Gon's, I'd take it.

I'm wondering... the current Vader saber that is out now... the MR site lists it ast the ESB Vader saber. But is it really? The hilt resembles the ROTS lightsaber. Which is it?

11. gold53

gold53 Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    Me and my friends have both bought the current Vader FX saber that is sold at the Bestbuys and Borders stores and it is listed on the box as Vader - Revenge Of The Sith lightsaber.

I will say this, these force fx sabers are far more durable than most people are giving them credit for. I can honestly say that me and my friends have been having regular duels for about 3 weeks now and no one's blade has been cracked or shattered.

I personally bought both the Vader and Anakin saber, and so did several of my friends. I may have been the smarter one as I haven't dueled with my own sabers so they are in perfect condition. My friends on the other hand aren't nearly as concerned about damaging them. We have had some serious knock down drag out sword fights with them.

The resulting damage to the sabers is both the blue and the red ones have several blown LEDs (or dark spots) the blue ones have more than the red ones. Where the blade meets the hilt on the Anakin saber seems to be loose yet even though it seems likely it will break soon it keeps on keeping on thru even the hardest hits.

And when I say hard I mean hard! How hard? Hard enough to knock the cap off the top of one of the Vader sabers. Hard enough to make both blades turn off briefly from the impact alone. Hard enough that I have a large purple mark on my right forearm as well as a nice bruise on my right shoulder from dueling.

You could say that we have gotten carried away with them, but it is fun and it's their money not mine. My Sabers are safely on their stands on top of a mantle in my living room lol.

Needless to say all the battle damaged sabers are all still working fine with some scratches, some burned out LEDs, and a missing cap here and there but all things considered I cannot even believe they are all still in one piece.

If the LEDs can be replaced individually I would say they are pretty close to unbreakable by dueling with them. Sure everyone says get a parks saber if you want to duel but they are more than 2 times as expensive and have very long wait times for delivery. These MR FX sabers seem to be holding up pretty damn well if you ask me.

12. WomackD

WomackD Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2003
    I'm curious as to why these FX Lightsabers don't come with a rechargable lithium ion battery like most modern electronics.?

I actually saw one of these for the first time today at Hastings. The Vader one was on display, and it is definetly a must buy for even the most casual Star Wars fan.

13. Veers_1983

May 5, 2005
    Well, just dont buy the ANH Vader, THATS a dissapointment in comparisson to the others :(

14. Kia-Ruse

Kia-Ruse Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Still not decided on whether to buy a Luke ESB or an Anakin ROTS saber.

I've seen pics on ebay of both sabers that people have taken in their rooms and Anakin's Episode III saber appears to look much closer to the film's rotoscoped saber effect, brighter and core white.

I've looked at pics of the Luke ESB and, well...the blue just looks FAR too blue, like a pretty light blue. Little help anyone??

15. Asteroid_Jay

Asteroid_Jay Jedi Master

May 13, 2003
    I was wondering that as well. But to me the Luke ESB seems better. I haven't seen them in person, but I've learned that a lot of the photos lie. They overexpose the blade and make them look white, but really they aren't like that. Based on this photo from Rebelscum, it appears that the Luke one is the best.

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/mr/mrfxsabers1.jpg]

Could anyone with both of them comment on this?

16. WRXpilot

WRXpilot Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    ^^^^^^
    That picture is NOT the current version of the Anakin FX saber. That's the Anakin AOTC saber, which was one of the first FX sabers, with EL sheet blades, not the LED blades.

The Luke ESB and Anakin ROTS both have the same type 64 LED blades. Because they've reduced battery usage to 3 AA for the "new" FX sabers, the Anakin ROTS is accurate in size, where the Luke ESB is oversized as it is of the older 6 AA design.

They look pretty much the same according to all sources; if anything the new 3 battery sabers are even brighter and louder than the 6 battery ones.

17. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    dont order from MR. they ran by girls card 4 times after she cancelled the order. they are idiots.

the guy at this site needs 6 more people to order another case of the mace force fx. i told him to put my name down cause i want one in june.

http://www.koenigscollectibles.com/mr.htm

18. Veers_1983

May 5, 2005
    so is the Vader ESB a 3 AA version?

19. Adrena1in

Adrena1in Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2005
    I believe the Vader ESB saber is a 3-battery, 64-LED-Blade type saber. I gather, from someone's comment above, that the Vader ANH saber is the older style, 6-battery, photo-luminescent-blade type.

It's a good job that when I ordered two a while back, it was the cheaper ESB ones I ordered. Why they're cheaper I don't know, because the 64-LED ones are far nicer.

I also can't understand why the more accurate replica hilts alone are far more expensive than these Force FX sabers. Is it just because the hilts are easier to transport?

I also wonder when MR are going to produce more of these Force FX sabers. Newer, Luke ROTJ sabers would go like hot cakes, not to mention a Darth Maul double-saber. (Would be nice if they could add a new power-up sound...the sound where the saber powers up more quickly.

I'd like that...a lot.)

"Your overconfidence is your weakness."

20. WRXpilot

WRXpilot Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    I believe the Vader ESB saber is a 3-battery, 64-LED-Blade type saber. I gather, from someone's comment above, that the Vader ANH saber is the older style, 6-battery, photo-luminescent-blade type.

Yeah, the ESB Vader on sale now is the newest generation ; 3-AA batteries, 64 LED blade.

The ANH Vader has an LED blade, but uses 6-AA batteries and has a slightly oversized hilt because of that.

There's 3 generations of these things as far as I can tell:

Gen 1:
    -Anakin AOTC
    -Luke ROTJ

These use 6 AA batteries and have EL blades; hilts are significantly oversized from the real props

Gen 2:
    -Vader ANH
    -Luke ESB
    -Mace Windu AOTC

Major upgrade is to the LED blades, allowing powr up/down effects and brighter light. Still use 6 batteries, so the hilts are oversized (especially Mace Windu model)

Gen 3:
    -Anakin ROTS
    -Vader ESB
    -????

Now use only 3 batteries, meaning accurate hilt sizes. Despite half the batteries, light and sound is at least equal to earlier models, if not better.

21. CCCDDDZ

CCCDDDZ Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    I'm not sure. The ESB Luke seems pretty close to the actual hilt, and it's not so oversized. For the 2nd generation ones, they already took into effect of the oversized hilts, and made it so that the batteries do not interfere.

22. WRXpilot

WRXpilot Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    By generation 2 the hilts are closer to accurate, but they're still oversized when compared to a real/replica Graflex/MPP. Mace's prop just isn't conducive to housing batteries, and it's the most inaccurate.

The current ones are dead on though.

23. CCCDDDZ

CCCDDDZ Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Actually if you look, the Vader ESB (3rd Gen) and the LUKE (ESB 2nd Gen) re EXACTLY the same size with the hilts. You can check it out yourself.

Thanks.

24. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    The current Vader saber... most of you all (as well as the MR site) are saying it's the ESB Vader lightsaber. But the box itself says that it's the ROTS lightsaber.

Puzzling this is.

25. WRXpilot

WRXpilot Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    Actually if you look, the Vader ESB (3rd Gen) and the LUKE (ESB 2nd Gen) re EXACTLY the same size with the hilts. You can check it out yourself.

Thanks.

Vader's saber and Luke's saber props are completely different designs, and based off different flashguns. Luke's was built off a Graflex, while Vader's is built off an MPP. They're not supposed to be the same size.

There's no reason to debate this, it's been documented by people way before me. Go to this thread:

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=85190&hl=

Look at post #1 and #4.

1 shows the ROTS and ESB sabers next to each other; ESB is clearly larger.

4 shows ESB, ROTS, and a Graflex. The ESB is larger, while the ROTS is the same size as the Graflex.

It's not a huge difference, but it is there, and some people might care to know about it.

PhantomMenace: The Vader saber being sold now is accurate to the ESB design, as can be seen at:

http://www.partsofsw.com/dvesbsab.htm

We haven't seen the design that will appear in ROTS on screen yet, but photos of the alleged Vader ROTS screen prop are NOT the same as this saber. The overall motif of black hood/emitter, chrome cyliner, black clamp & grips is maintained though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.