main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Force Ghost Anakin (Hayden Christensen)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, May 1, 2013.

1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Do you think this would happen?

2. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    I think it's pretty likely. George likely made the decision of adding him to ROTJ in 2004 for a reason.

I would like it. Hayden is Anakin, regardless of what opinions on his acting may be. He's proven himself to be a good actor, he just needs a director like JJ Abrams to lead him.

3. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    I agree 100%. Hayden gets an undeserved bad rap. I think he played Anakin well and him returning as a Force Ghost guide would be cool.

4. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Hayden was awesome in epi III and if he were to appear in epi VII i think that would be cool if done right.

Lady_Misty and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yes, I think this could happen. Anakin is the person who knows the Sith best.

But damn, it would be challenging. Christensen would need to bring a lot of gravitas in his performance and the dialogue would have to reflect that this is indeed the person who was Darth Vader for 20 years, a pragmatic and decisive no-nonsense man.

6. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    If Ghost Anakin will appear, I guess this is the only choice.

Hopefully Hayden has improved. Heck maybe JJ might bring better stuff out of him than George Fastermoreintense Lucas.

7. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Nothing against Hayden....but I'd rather he not show up in SW7. I just kinda want this trilogy to move forward and constantly cling to the past. Plus I can see him appearing bringing groans from the audience like "Ugh god they brought him back". Sorry...I'd just rather they not.

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Christensen isn't a bad actor. Anyone would have had a challenge with the sort of scenes and dialogue that he had to do in Attack of the Clones. And I thought he did a very good job in Revenge of the Sith. Again, some of that dialogue is basically impossible to deliver with a straight face, but he did so (no, I'm not bashing the prequels, I'm just saying that uncle George isn't always the best writer of dialogue - ask Harrison Ford).
    Also, Christensen is older now, and could probably add more gravitas to his performance now than he could ten years ago. That's common among actors. More life-experience = better acting.

EDIT: and for the record, I wouldn't mind at all if they brought him back for a short scene. Nice way to further bind the trilogies together.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  9. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    I think this is a really good question.
    Force ghosts could play a much larger role this time round. Perhaps Hayden could be used.

Although the How It Should Have Ended joke about Return of the Jedi could complicate things...the Younglings had a question for Anakin....[​IMG]

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  10. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Awkward that was...

11. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    I don't know if the should bring him back or not. Hayden was great as Anakin and did the job well but he sort of came to peace at the end of 'RotJ' and I want to leave him there.

I can see the reason they may want him around to bridge the knowledge of the Sith, but I can't see him appearing to anyone in the form of a Force Ghost. I think Luke himself will have enough knowledge to compensate bringing him back, as he did defeat Vader after all and help bring down the Emperor.

12. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Definitely think it could happen and of course should be Haydenkin. would be a great tie-in to the Anakin redemption and a bridge to all six movies in one fell swoop.

13. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    I think it would be great. He could have a nice, family meal with Luke and Leia, and answer some questions.

"Why did you kill mom?"
    "Why did you chop off my hand?"
    "Really, you killed all those younglings?!"
    "How did you get your arms and legs back when you became a force ghost? And why did you get to be a force ghost?"
    "What's up with the force, anyway, putting the galaxy through years of ruinous war and death, just so you could toss the emperor into the reactor core to bring balance to the force?"
    "And why did the emperor have a chute leading to the reactor in his throne room anyway?"

Yeah, bring Anakin back - I'd like to know what he has to say for himself.

14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    If Anakin is to return save it for VIII or at least after the new enemy has revealed themselves and their plan (which imho shouldnt be apparent until the end of the movie) since we already have 7 returning at a minimum, possible EU crossover characters, a whole new main cast of characters to meet, and new villains to introduce. Not to mention learning the fate of the galaxy sine RotJ.

Plus every year Hayden gets older the less rediculous a younger daddy returning to talk to his now elderly children will look. :p

15. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Shaw is dead. Hayden is the only other person who the audience can visually represent with Anakin. Getting a new actor to play an older/younger Anakin would be stupid.

That being said, I don't expect it. It's been 40 years at least since ROTJ - wouldn't they (Luke and Leia) already have come to terms with Anakin and Obi-Wan. And how weird would it be seeing a 22 year old Anakin talking to a 60 year old Luke. If there's a post Episode VI TV series, then I'd expect it (with Latner instead of Hayden).

Lady_Misty likes this.
  16. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I think it's a given. I think force ghosts will play a much larger role and I'd guess (as others have posted) that it was one of the reasons Hayden was inserted into RotJ.

17. Feng Shui Engine

Feng Shui Engine Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    I'd like to think that force ghosts could choose to appear in whatever form they wish, i.e. any age that they were before they died. I mean, they're dead...they have no physical body. They're nothing more than a consciousness and...force...matter. Anything's possible, right? That way Ewan McGregor could be ghost Obi Wan.

18. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    Why is everyone obsessed with force ghosts around here?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. jedilips

jedilips Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    no thanks. honestly, I've had enough Anakin, Yoda, and Palpatine (blasphemous thoughts, I know). I'm up for more Luke stories, but I think we've had our fill of on screen appearances of the other 3.

Can't wait for a standalone Obi Wan movie though, if McGregor is in.

20. Feng Shui Engine

Feng Shui Engine Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    By "around here", do you mean this Star Wars forum? ;)

21. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    Yep, I dont hate it, I just find it facinating. It seems like every 3 days or so there is a new thread about force ghosts, the new movie, and what role they may or may not play.

22. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Mods must be on vacation, this should have been locked ions ago....

That means....There's no rules!

-C

23. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Hayden is in his 30's now (hard to believe!) and from what I've seen of him still (perhaps even more so now that he's out of "Mrs Robinson" Territory!) seriously =P~ worthy (love Mark, but seriously, :Luke, your dad will always be the Hottie of the family!) but I digress - I'd like to think that after all of these years, Anakin, Ben, and Yoda have all moved on to the next plain of existence and Luke would be the 'Wise Master' whom our heroes turn to, without the need for them....

24. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    And that's why I don't think Anakin will return just to chat with his kids. He will give them intel on a strange new Sith, an old imperial secret project or the like. He will be the most useful ghost you've ever seen.

Eat it, Obi-Wan!

25. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    This is not something I expect, but I'd welcome it. They won't bring him back unless there's a really good reason for it, though, of that I am sure.

- An old friend has learned the path to immortality.
    - Look I so old to young eyes?

/LM

Lee_ likes this.