main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Force Ghost Anakin (Hayden Christensen)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, May 1, 2013.

1. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    I dunno, the main Star Wars story is about Anakin, which is why I think he'll play a part in this movie. Lots of routes they could go and create some cool stories.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  2. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Once upon a time, I would have scoffed at the idea.

But now that I've had some time to gain some perspective on the PT, I think I would actually love to see Anakin and his son have a conversation. About what went wrong - the ways Anakin himself failed, and the way the Jedi failed him. A talk with dad could provide invaluable information that would help Luke to establish a NJO while avoiding the mistakes of the past.

I like that thought.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He should have a really awesome beard.

4. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Do beards grow in the force-based afterlife?

5. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    Only if you water them (with blue milk).

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I wouldn't mind that so much, but I think it should be a brief conversation, no more than five or ten minutes of screen time.

I'd rather the film focus on the living.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The title of this thread isn't clear... force ghost Anakin to do what, exactly...?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    Agreed. Keep it short and sweet.

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Maybe one of the spin-offs can focus solely on Force ghosts. Just a bunch of them floating around, sitting on logs that wouldn't support them anyway, and talking.

10. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    omg you've inspired me:

Forceghostbusters!!!!

eht13 likes this.
  11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Who ya gonna call...?

JainaSoloYJK and Son of a Bith like this.
  13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, it should happen

14. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm sure Aykroyd would OK it.

15. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    I really hope you don't mean like this:

[​IMG]

Agree with Son of a Bith here; let them have an important conversation and that's it.

Son of a Bith likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes he needs to wear a hat too.

17. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    I'm all for bringing Hayden back to play the force ghost of Anakin.

I'd say save him for the next episode or the third one of the trilogy, to give a crucial piece of information to Luke, in aiding him to victory.

As has been said all throughout this thread, Anakin has a vast knowledge of the Sith, since he was one for 20 years.

I don't think it'll be that weird seeing Hayden/Mark on screen together, it's all about how it's presented, the context of the dialogue, and what JJ is able to bring to the silver screen via his direction. How much weirder can it be than seeing Nimoy in the same film with the new Spock? I thought that was awesome, and I think this will work just fine too.

I certainly wouldn't put it in the film if it's not needed, but if the villain is a Sith threat or remnants of the Empire rising up, then obviously Anakin would be the guy with the most intelligence on the subject.

18. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    I was just about to post that, after thinking about it, I just realized how weird it'd be to have an aged Luke talking to the "young" ghost of his father...

I'd be fine with it anyway - it would make sense for Anakin's spirit to visually manifest in the form that he last identified with (in this case, a young Hayden prior to the fall). But the general audience might find it tough to swallow.

Interesting thoughts, mi amigos y amigas.

19. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Anakin's shipped has sailed. I want fresh, new ideas. I see no reason to bring him back. It's not like he was a role model for other Jedi to follow.

20. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    If Anakin was in it, I have soo many ideas for some heart-wrenching/emotional scenes that Luke, Anakin, and so far "Unnamed Skywalker grandchild" could share...but the problem is....IDK if Hayden can pull it off without being...well...you know...awful. Who knows. I just doubt its gunna happen, I say let JJ cast new actors instead of forcing him to work with recycled actors who we dont know if he can get a good performances out of and or not really needed other than for fan service.

21. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Anakin's ghost is the ONE thing that I fully expect from the ST, and the one thing that, if not there, will honestly ruin the experience for me. I certainly hope to see Christensen once again don the ethereal Jedi robes, and show us the wise, experienced master the Chosen One is meant to be.

22. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    Ghost Anakin, Luke, and Luke's kid should play catch together, then maybe go fishing.

[​IMG]

Like this, but with robes of course.

23. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Well they could always use age make-up to put Ewan McGregor more along the lines of Alec Guinness if he indeed came back as Obi-Wan

I think it'd be a cool homage at the end of the 3rd episode of this trilogy to mirror the end of ROTJ and have all our past heroes there at a giant bonfire. I'd be cool with something like that.

I think you need to gradually insert the force ghosts throughout the series, if it fits the context of the films. I wouldn't put a bunch of force ghosts in just to do it.

I would assume Anakin would be in his Jedi prime form. It'd be kind of crazy if the first time you see Anakin is the last image we saw of him alive, in ROTJ, with the strange purple face haha, then he slowly morphed into prime Anakin. IDK I'm just shooting from the hip with ideas right now, but I'm sure they will tie up everything nicely.

Lucas would NOT have inserted Hayden into ROTJ if he didn't intend to include him in future installments

24. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Hayden is Anakin Skywalker, and he was just fine as such - if the script is right, I trust that a good director of people will get a good performance out of him. It's Star Wars, not Shakespeare.

25. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Maybe...but *in Samuel Jackson voice* I dont trust him. Also....where the heck is he? I guess he's gone into the magical realm where Michael Arndt is....which is where nobody hears from you, or you pretty much dont exist at this point. Also...if he does return there is pretty much a guarantee there will be tons of bitching online more so than praising. Whether its deserved or not is up for debate but if I were Lucasfilm I'd be more focused on connecting to the original trilogy than trying to make everything connect to the prequels. Just my opinion.