main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Force Ghost Anakin (Hayden Christensen)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, May 1, 2013.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I was thinking along those lines as well. Anakin can't become one with the Force until he helps set right what he helped to destroy. It would be nice to see at the end of Episode IX Anakin finally looking at peace as he slowly fades away and becomes one with the Force.

Seagoat likes this.
  2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I've already imagined such a scene several times... I can imagine, at the typical big celebration at the end of IX, Anakin's ghost watches on, proud of his children and grandchildren, and all the people who helped, then he hears Padme's voice calling to him and he fades away, a peaceful expression on his face...

I should write fanfiction. 0_0

3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Why?

Luke has friends, Leia and Han if he needs someone to lean on. Let Yoda rest in peace. He deserves it. Anakin ... doesn't, really.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think that would be a great resolution to not only Anakin's story but the saga in general. I would love to hear Padme's voice calling him and knowing that both are watching over their offspring.

5. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    And if Leia were to die? He might have a hard time with that. And he has a relationship with Yoda that he does not have with his father. Personally, I would prefer to never see Anakin again.

6. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Anakin is an important character in the saga and very important to Luke, as he mirrored what Luke could become if he walked down the dark path. What any Skywalker could become. His relationship with Luke is very complex and conflict-ladden.

Lukes relationship with Yoda isn't complex at all. No conflicts between those two. At least not anymore.

Conflicts are good in writing.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Then I stand corrected. I wasn't aware that he had worked on them recently. I was under the assumption that they were working with things he had written shortly after ROTJ.

Again, I was under the assumption that they were dealing with something written post-ROTJ.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  8. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    not sure if i am in the minority, but i think we will see little to most likley no EU crossover characters or plot ideas...

9. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Did anyone ever think of this? If there is an Anakin force ghost, who will he be teaching or instructing, Luke, or his child? (If he really has one)

10. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I get the feeling that Luke would teach mostly everything to his children, but perhaps the child could have a close experience with the dark side, then Anakin could come and lecture the kid. You know *exactly* how ^_^

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    LOL

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  12. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Oh I hope not! We had enough bad acting from him in the prequels!
    [face_sick]

Speaking of Force Ghosts, either Qui-Gon Jin or Yoda should make an appearance.
    [face_money_eyes]

13. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    I would find it interesting if Luke would start having dreams of his father choking his mother but no voices. Padme wasn't force sensitive.
    [face_skull]

14. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Who said it would necessarily be Luke? It could easily be one of the next gen. Especially if one of them is skating towards the dark side, or has questions about it. Force Ghost!Anakin would be perfect for that.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    I want Anakin back, but I disagree with Hayden being the actor because I found the acting to be lacking in PT. Movie roles shouldn’t cast based on looks instead of acting skill.

I’d like Anakin’s Force Ghost doing like Truce at Bakura, where he only appears to Leia, instead of Luke, because he wants her forgiveness. They are both ridiculously stubborn and blunt, so I find their interaction hilarious. (Especially Leia referring to Anakin only as the Ghost of Darth Vader)

Son of a Bith and Heero_Yuy like this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't want the flick to be cluttered with Force Ghosts, if Yoda starts showing up, so a CGI Obi-Wan and freakin Qui-Gon while you're at it, but I think if they were to use one, it should only be Anakin, and it should be Christensen.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  17. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013

who wants to see Windu force ghost? unless if Windu is still alive or frozen or something

18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Oh, great. Now I have to read the Truce at Bakura, no way around it.

VanishingReality likes this.
  19. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I wish this idea would die.

Lee_ and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  20. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I too am from the school that Hayden was placed in ROTJ for the very reason of having him continue as the face of Anakin later on. I dont think that we will ever know for sure that that is the case, but I think it makes perfect sense.

I totally understand that if Hayden shows up in the ST, it may not "prove" that his placement in ROTJ was for that reason, as we are all familiar with the varying number of "claims" made by GL along the way. However, I do think that, even in hindsight, it was a good decision that left the door open to using him in a more believable way if a "later on" were come into play. That "later on" being the ST we are all looking forward to.

To be completely clear, I would have prefered Shaw NOT be removed from the ghost scene in ROTJ, but being as he was, using Hayden later will now come off a little smoother. At least to the younger audience.........

themetresgained and Darth_Pevra like this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Your reasonableness is nearly staggering...

22. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    I wouldn't mind at all if Sam Jackson would make an appearance as a Ghost!

23. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    You and me both...

VanishingReality and Darth_Pevra like this.
  24. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Oh man I totally forgot about that ... it's been ages since I read Truce at Bakura. All I remember is something about lizards.

If he appeared to Leia that'd be very interesting ... we get Leia's reaction to the revelation that Luke is her brother, but that scene in the Ewok village doesn't reveal much about how she feels about Vader, who essentially held her still while she was made to watch the death of her adoptive father (and all her people).

It's been too long since I've read it to say if I like the novel or not, but kudos to Kathy Tyers for exploring this situation.

VanishingReality likes this.
  25. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Truce at Bakura was the very first EU novel I read at age 10. I'm not sure how I feel about the story, but I will say that parts of the book made me cry.