main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force Ghost (EP3 Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by razzy1319, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    We now know that Force Ghost is a Jedi only ability, since it is a ability only used and learnt by yoda, quigon, obiwan and the shaman of whills. more importantly it is the unfulfilled goal of the sith to have influence while being immortal. That in itself contradicts the force ghosts of sith lords in EU. how do they retcon that?

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Sith Ghosts have always been tied to material objects and through magical rituals that link them to their corpses.

3. Cheebo86

Cheebo86 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 1, 2003
    After reading the script, how the heck did VEGERE figure it out? It doesnt make sense how vegere could learn it from Qui-Gon who is the only other(other than the shaman) to teach it.

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    So as far as the movies go its: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin and that's it, right? Those four have a connection, so I can see how they do it, but is the new stuff saying Qui-Gon or this Shaman of the Whills has to teach it to everyone?

5. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Good question. And is there anything to keep other surviving Jedi from learning it during the interim years between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope?

6. Kreuzader

Kreuzader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Nope, as far as I can tell it just says that Qui-Gon learned it from the "ancient Order of the Whills", and only Jedi can do it because it takes love and compassion. It doesn't seem like there's anything preventing someone from figuring it out on their own.

But yeah, I figure the EU clarification on Sith spirits is that pointing out that they're all tied to specific places, objects, or people (i.e., Palpatine possessing Jeng Droga). The Jedi trick as explained in Episode III is merging with the Force while maintaining one's identity; Empire's End points out that for a dark sider, merging with the force leads to only "eternal madness" (which isn't really maintaining your identity, heheh).

7. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Palpatine also knew the secret of immortality from Plaguis

8. Kreuzader

Kreuzader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Nope, he was lying about that; it's discussed in the EU and Ep3 thread in more detail.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.