main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Force Ghosts in VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RyanForder, Mar 9, 2014.

?

Which ones do you want to see?

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi

33 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. Yoda

48 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Anakin Skywalker

49 vote(s)
    27.2%
  4. Qui-Gon Jinn

9 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Palpatine

14 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Other (Please state)

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. None

12 vote(s)
    6.7%
  8. Not bothered

9 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zikri

Zikri Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2012
    They're already doing that in Rogue One though. So why not Episode VII?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...g-digitally-recreated-new-spin-Rogue-One.html

That said, I don't really want this to happen. If Obi-Wan is going to in, it needs to be Ewan.

2. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Question. If Obi-Wan appears to only Rey, a woman that has never met him and does not know what he looked like at any age, does he still have to be Alec Guiness?

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  3. Zikri

Zikri Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2012
    It's not hard to age up Ewan a bit with fx. Anyway, he wouldn't even need much as long as he had the beard. And, you know, Ewan is still alive.

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Can't believe I voted for Palpatine [face_laugh]

My vote now is for Anakin, Yoda, and Obi-Wan, but especially Anakin because he is the main character.

5. Bazookaleffe

Bazookaleffe Jedi Master star 2

Apr 30, 2014

In my mind he says "Yoda will always be with you".

6. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    That Cushing thing is a load of crap. Read the article, it says nonsense like "Cushing is a pivotal plot line as he was the one to create Darth Vader and there's a whole back story that will come out" and that one of the biggest challenges is recreating his legs & boots, since Cushing refused to wear the costume boots very often because they were so uncomfortable. That's not how it works. The legs would be the least of their problems, and if they were creating a digital Cushing they'd focus more on the head...the body could be simple mo-cap or, for perhaps less Uncanny Valley, a stand-in wearing a uniform walking around, with Cushing's CG head thrown on top, sorta like Skinny Steve Rogers in "First Avenger".

...in anyone's mind, unless they have impaired hearing and the subtitles are flat-out wrong. :p

7. Zikri

Zikri Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2012
    The biggest red flag for me was where it said he "created Darth Vader." I'm guessing the author somehow doesn't know about the prequels, lol.

8. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I'm guessing the "source" is nonexistent, or the Daily Mail just really doesn't know what the hell they're talking about and accepts any random person's ramblings as "news". I don't know which is worse, that they implied Tarkin had a role in Vader's creation, or that they literally said Cushing, the actor, created Vader. :oops:

9. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    I'll get beheaded by saying this, but here I go... I want Hayden Christensen to return as Anakin Skywalker. I, and many others, would argue that he himself is not actually a terrible actor, but rather not given the best direction (though I try not to "blame" anyone since that's not my style). I really want to see a redeemed Anakin (and give Hayden a chance at redeeming himself in the saga?). Perhaps he could give advice to Finn, who I imagine will have lots of conflict. I dunno. Would be awesome.

To be honest, I wouldn't even mind Ewan McGregor playing an Obi-Wan Kenobi Force ghost. He's a tremendous actor, and if it means that the "Force ghosts can change to any appearance in their life" excuse will have to be made up, so be it. * If this was already disproved, my apologies, I don't know much about the "canon" info of Force ghosts.

So... basically Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda. A voice over from Qui-Gonn would be cool too, I guess, though not that necessary imo. No Palpatine though. He should be mentioned a lot, we shouldn't forget him as he is the big baddie of the saga, but... Dark siders don't get ghosts!

10. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    What, no Porkins option?
    [​IMG]

11. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    I think it'd be pretty cool to see Anakin and Qui-Gon as the main force ghost mentors in the ST. Yoda and Obi-Wan cameos would be cool too.

Tommytom likes this.
  12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Ding ding ding!!! We have a winna!!!

Toonimator and CGI-BOBAFENT like this.
  13. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I would love an Obi Wan spin off with Ewan McGregor, but I doubt it'll happen.

:(

:obiwan:

14. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    What about a force ghost padme? She could appear to Luke and give some great exposition on anakin's fall. It is possible, she was married to the chosen one and gave birth to two very powerful force users.

15. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Would she wear Jedi robes?

;)

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 likes this.
  16. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Why would she have to wear anything at all? ;)

17. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I imagine the spirit of Anakin as being a sort of guide for Luke to find all of the terrible secrets left over from the Empire that could fall into the wrong hands. He speaks to Luke in the hope of preventing this and having them destroyed. He also might give away all kinds of military weakness and information of the Empire too. This is how the New Republic is able to rise so quickly and bring down its former enemy. These are Darth Vader's final acts of redemption before he goes into the Netherworld of the Force.

Yoda and Obi-Wan are just around to give advice on how to find things for Luke to rebuild the Jedi order.

18. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015

I'll take that bet lol. I guarantee it happens.

19. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015

I would be okay with Padme making a cameo ghost appearance. Or maybe Luke uses the force to summon Padme's spirit and that's how she is able to appear.

Tommytom likes this.
  20. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see a force ghost in the ST. Obi-Wan or Yoda would be feasible, especially if they had to pass on some important Jedi info to Luke, Finn, or Rey. Anakin... could see that as well, perhaps he would talk to Kylo Ren?

There's some good ideas here, and they could help progress the story.

21. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I think only the force ghosts should pertain to the student / Master scenario.

Obi-wan had Qui-Gon, then he had Yoda
    Luke had Obi-wan, then he had Yoda

Rey will have ?, then have Luke
    or Rey will have Luke, then have Yoda

22. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015
    I think it'd be a great idea to give Anakin (played by Hayden Christensen) a huge force ghost role in one of the episodes of the ST, preferably ep 9. I'd like to see force ghost Anakin interact with Luke, Rey, and Kylo at some point.

23. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    "Umm, so grandpa, umm, what do you guys do when you're not visting people as ghosts and stuff?"
    "Not much. We've got Netflix and HBO..."

24. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    That is NEVER going to happen imo! He left a bad taste in way too many peoples mouths... Cool guy, but honestly his acting is some of the worst (if not THE worst) I have ever seen.

:cool:

25. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    It seems logical that at least one of the three show up sometime during the ST. There is nothing in canon that says force ghosts go away after awhile or anything, plus as long as luke is alive and there are major conflicts going on, it seems they would be needed still.

Not to mention it can only help bridge all three trilogies more, ESPECIALLY if it's hayden as Anakin's ghost.

Tommytom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.