main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Force Ghosts in VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RyanForder, Mar 9, 2014.

?

Which ones do you want to see?

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi

33 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. Yoda

48 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Anakin Skywalker

49 vote(s)
    27.2%
  4. Qui-Gon Jinn

9 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Palpatine

14 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Other (Please state)

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. None

12 vote(s)
    6.7%
  8. Not bothered

9 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Other: Caspar the Friendly Ghost

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Imo the only one who really makes sense from a story perspective is Anakin Skywalker. He has a lot of inside information on the Sith order and he still has to make amends. On the other hand I can't see them casting Christensen again. So there either will be a recast (which still doesn't eliminate the issue that the dad looks younger than the son and that's just awkward), or, more likely, he will wear the mask and suit for some reason.

And that reason being mostly that now you can put his suit and mask on the advertising.

Darth Archimage likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Maybe they'll recast with an older actor. Get someone that looks at least somewhat reminiscent of Sebastian Shaw.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  4. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    they could also just use his voice a la Ben in Yoda's house.

Trebor Sabreon and Palpatine2016 like this.
  5. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    A forum of people who dislike too much CGI wanting a dumb, creepy and disrespectful CGI Alec Guiness?
    Yoda is literally the only force ghost that can happen and a small scene of Hamill talking to Frank Oz operating the puppet could be really great.
    I suppose, as was rumored, a force ghost Emperor could happen too (which I think would also be cool) but that depends on where they go with the story

6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Darth Chiznuk
    That would also be ... awkward, but I think it would be worth it. Especially if they manage to nail a "good Vader" personality.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i don't care either way.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah it is not that big a deal.

9. Strictly Commercial

Strictly Commercial Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2013
    Why are we wanting Force Ghosts who are important to Luke, exactly?

If anything I want to see Luke as a Ghost talking to his descendants.

10. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i wouldn't mind yoda visually and qui gon's voice. maybe an unknown jedi becoming a mentor.

using alec guinness would be more than disrespectful. if anything it would be cool if a young kenobi showed up and luke didn't know him at first. obi then says he can appear however he wants to.

Darkslayer likes this.
  11. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I would like to see Force Ghosts of Anakin, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Yoda. No Sith. If dead Sith have to return, maybe in a holocron or something. And I don't want the Force Ghosts to be too prominent in the plot. Also, why wasn't this a multi-choice poll? It says which "ones" do you want to see.

Dra--- likes this.
  12. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

T-R- likes this.
  13. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014

I said in the comment below i mucked the poll up. Sorry about that.

SkywalkerSquadron likes this.
  14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'd like to see Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, and Sidious (depending on where they go in the story). Qui-Gon's voice would be cool as well.

15. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    Lucas said that if the big three won't come back then they won't be recasted. I always thought that applied to anyone who was considered returning, not just them.

16. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I'll get very nervous if I see Hayden anywhere near this movie. No ghosts, please.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012

I don't know, I doubt that's what he meant though. I really like Hayden but having him be Anakin's ghost just never made sense to me so I wouldn't mind seeing an older actor take on the role. For me it's much different from recasting the Big 3 because Hayden isn't old enough to play an older Anakin and Sebastian Shaw unfortunately can't return to the role.

Darth_Pevra and T-R- like this.
  18. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    I guess it all comes down to "cannon" now with the whole Anakin reverted to his younger self mucho gumble. If they do indeed decide to recast Anakin again (if that he is in) would that mean changing the end to ROTJ again?????

19. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    This poll should really have been one where you can pick multiple choices. I wouldn't mind seeing both Anakin and Qui-Gon. I'm iffy about Yoda. No Obi-Wan, DEFINITELY no Palpatine. No others like Mace Windu or something.

The only other idea I can think of is if Luke dies at some point. I'd be ok with his ghost showing up

Dra--- likes this.
  20. Obi Whan Kenobi

Obi Whan Kenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2013
    Ok folks here are a few questions.

1. Why would Qui Gon be relevant to the story?

2. Anakin's voice would be ok, but H Christensen showing up at 30 years old and Mark Hamill at 65 that just doesn't look right.

I could see Yoda being very relevant to the story because I think Yoda was wrong about a bunch of stuff in the first 6 movies. Not necessarily wrong but he only saw things from his point of view about the force. For example the rule of only 2 sith at one time.

I could certainly see Ewan as a force ghost as old Ben and being very relevant to the story.

T-R- likes this.
  21. Obi Whan Kenobi

Obi Whan Kenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2013
    One more thing. Why would Palatine be a force ghost at all? What would be his motive(s) for helping any new villains in the ST? The guy was all about himself. Ian M is a great actor and his character has been overshadowed by Darth Vader, but I think its time to let Palpy go and find some other great actor to fill his role in the ST. Old, creepy, powerful and evil as hell.

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Obi Whan Kenobi : Please use the Edit function to add to your posts, instead of making multiple back-to-back posts (which is considered spamming). Thanks.

23. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    (1) If Luke is trying to learn about his family history or about the prophecy of the chosen one, there is no better force ghost historian than Qui Gon.

(2) I too, would not be a fan of a Hayden Christensen Force Ghost. Although, he would add the perspective of "How not to fall to the dark side"

24. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    A force ghost is a visual representation of a spirit. I have no problem with Luke talking to a Hayden Christensen or Ewan McGregor because you would think age has no meaning in the great beyond - and I would much prefer those guys to some silly CGI version of the originals.

I think they should confine such conversations to certain conditions. For example, maybe Luke has to be in the Jedi Temple and under deep meditation. It becomes too comical if the force ghosts can just follow him around from place to place.

25. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    I definitely want to see force ghosts in the ST, but I'm not sure if it would be best to have it in Episode VII (assuming VII isn't the last time we'll see Luke Skywalker). I feel like it would be cool to see Luke be faced with the final confrontation/problem of his arc of the ST and meditate/turn to his deceased friends for guidance. I think it would be cool to see Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda.

Ewan McGregor could very easily wear make up that would look like Alec Guiness.

Anakin would be young, but that's how he is in the post-2004 versions of RoTJ. I think it might be harder for lifelong fans of the films to accept young Skywalker than younger fans like me. I've seen Christensen in RoTJ since I was 10, so at this point it would look out of place if Skywalker wasn't young as a force ghost.

Yoda is Yoda. I think it would be strange to bring either of the two above without him.

As for the Sith, I don't want to see a Palpatine (or another) force ghost. For one thing, the clone wars have established that Sith can't become force ghosts. On a narrative level, bringing back a Force Ghost palpatine would be as bad as a Palpatine clone. Either way, it's ruining the outcome of the past six films and detracts from Anakin's destiny.

But as a whole, I don't think they should be in the films all the time. They should be used sparingly and should be only used like once in the trilogy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.