main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Force Ghosts in VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RyanForder, Mar 9, 2014.

?

Which ones do you want to see?

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi

33 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. Yoda

48 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Anakin Skywalker

49 vote(s)
    27.2%
  4. Qui-Gon Jinn

9 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Palpatine

14 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Other (Please state)

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. None

12 vote(s)
    6.7%
  8. Not bothered

9 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    The Jedi existed for a very long time. Yet this breathtaking knowledge of retaining identity after death is new to them. I don't see how the ST can ignore this astounding development. It's difficult to imagine Luke not making this an important achievement for future Jedi.

It would be like finding the Ark of the Covenant in the first movie and then ignoring it in the sequels. :)

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    actually, thinking more about it, there shouldn't be any sith ghosts. the sith want to cheat death and have power over it. they would never accept it like the jedi end up doing. the jedi accepting death is how they become one with the force. the sith, including plagueis and sidious, try to create life itself and bend it to their own will. they are obsessed with it. sidious doesn't willing let it go. he is killed. so no sidious or sith ghosts.

Dra--- and RyanForder like this.
  3. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    [face_rofl]

Also, Palpatine is a must. Without a Palpatine ghost, the ST would be disconnected from I-VI.

4. Oberst Hans Landa

Oberst Hans Landa Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2014

I agree. If there's someone who shouldn't be in this movie is the Canadian actor. Like I said, let's not open that can of worms.

5. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014

THIS.

I dont think he is a must. The films will take a new path.

Oberst Hans Landa likes this.
  6. Oberst Hans Landa

Feb 12, 2014
    Neither do I.

7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    When we say Palpatine is not a must, that also includes any clones of him as well.;)

While Palpatine will not be a must for the ST, I think his legacy will in some shape or form will be important to the story arc.

8. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I think we'll only see Yoda. Everyone else creates some kind of problem.

I've been thinking lately that if the Sith, or any villain, have any chance of defeating the Jedi (for good), then ultimately they'd have to block the Jedi's ability to commune with Ghosts (and Priestesses/Whills). The Jedi are just too powerful with them, so something should happen to stop it. I have no opinion on whether this will happen in the ST, but plotwise it is an issue (perhaps one they'll choose to ignore).

T-R- and Bazinga'd like this.
  9. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I agree. But I think the topic of the Whills is way to complicated to be addressed in Star Wars movies.

Remember how confused a lot of people were with mitichlorians? This would be far worse.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Darth Eddie, Dra--- and T-R- like this.
  10. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001

What does his being Canadian have to do with anything? It certainly didn't matter to me when I made my post.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yoda ghost would be wonderful.

12. Oberst Hans Landa

Feb 12, 2014

I didn't say anything about his Canadian being a problem. Why would it be? I said that if there's someone who shouldn't be in this moive is the Canadian actor, not a Canadian actor. The Canadian actor meaning Hayden Christensen. [face_dunno]

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  13. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    My mistake. I should have read the whole thread. :)

14. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Other: Dak

I think Dak's disembodied ghost voice should be the main villain. Every time there's a technical malfunction that puts one or more of Luke's students in danger, Dak's Voice visits them and tells them to "just hang on" and focus on the task at hand, not worrying about the malfunction. Then they die, and Dak's Voice laughs hysterically in sweet vengeance.

15. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014
    No problem :) i am still relatively new to this

16. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I vote for the ghost of Porkins......:p

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  17. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2014
    If there must be communication between the old (PT) Jedi and the new (ST) Jedi, I'd rather it occur in holocron form rather than spirit form. Overuse of Force ghosts could cause the Force to lose it's "wow" factor, and I'd rather them be used extremely sparingly (like, once in the ST).

18. themuzikman

themuzikman Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2013

Haha could you picture ghost Obi-Wan telling Luke as he's about to go do something important: "May the force be with you..."

and then ghost Porkins appears behind Obi-Wan: "...And stay on target"

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Ghost Porkins requires the use of a wide-angle lens.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

I desperately want this. Luke taunted by a disembodied voice: "The cave snowspeeder... Remember your failure in the cave snowspeeder..."

T-R-, Dra--- and Darth_Articulate like this.
  21. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I think there should be a song called "Force Ghost Porkins" sung to the tune of "Zoot Suit Riot".

Oh, also:

T-R- and RyanForder like this.
  22. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Qui-Gon could possibly be heard, but he won't be seen.

Personally, I have no issue with any ghost, including Anakin or Obi-Wan, looking younger than they previously did. Anakin has already been shown this way anyway, and it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for me to imagine that the age of a ghost isn't necessarily fixed. In fact, it could go some way toward explaining how Anakin is able to do that if it happens with Obi-Wan too, regardless of the out of universe comments on the audio commentary, which have been proven subject to change (cough*clones*cough).

And even though it runs counter to everything we know about ghosts, I still think we'll see Sidious return. It will obviously have to be a very unique and mysterious circumstance, but I believe it will happen somehow.

Dra--- likes this.
  23. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I don't see anything that prevents Sidious from returning. Never are we told that what Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Yoda did is the only way to become a Force ghost.

Dra--- and Mystery Roach like this.
  24. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    The Ark was mentioned/seen in both of the sequels that took place chronologically after Raiders. :D

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Porkins did not say "stay on target". :-B

Darth Chiznuk and T-R- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.