main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Force Help Me! She's Pregnant- A/A, AU, 100% angst free / COMPLETE!! Sequel coming this week!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Mar 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: Force Help Me! She's Pregnant...
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Time Period: Alternate Universe Ep. 3 era
    Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Padme Naberrie, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and assorted other characters.

The sequel to this story is here
    Not for the Faint of Heart

Anakin and Padme have revealed their marriage and now face an ever bigger test of their love, survivng her pregnancy...

Force Help Me, She's Pregnant

Chapter 1 "Bragging Rights"

?Anakin, please, do you have to chew so loudly?? Padme asked sharply.

Anakin gulped down his rather large bite of shaak steak, nearly choking himself to death in the process. That would look great on the holonews, he thought, newly knighted Jedi Anakin Skywalker, also known as The Chosen One, chokes to death while eating dinner with his pregnant and very grumpy wife. ?Sorry, angel.? Anakin had quickly learned that discretion was the better part of valor when dealing with Padme?s mood swings.

She scowled at him and looked down at her own shaak steak, then her complexion took on a green hue and she put her hand over her mouth as she made her way to the ?fresher. Anakin heard his wife retching and wondered whether he would still be able to eat his steak. He could smell the tantalizing odor of the roasted meat as it drifted upward; his nose twitched in spite of himself. ?Yep, still looks good,? he mumbled.

He cut off another large bite and was happily chewing away when Padme came back to the table, discreetly wiping her mouth. When she spied Anakin still eating contentedly she gave him a glare that had made stalwart politicians quail. Okay, he thought, obviously if she can?t eat then I?m not supposed to either. He was still trying to figure out the etiquette of the whole pregnancy thing. He put his hands down slowly and tried to swallow his last bite inconspicuously. He lowered his eyes when Padme continued to glare at him.

?You okay, Padme?? he asked in what he hoped was a soothing tone.

?No, I?m not okay. I?m getting fat, I?m nauseous all the time, and I cry buckets at the drop of a saber,? her tone had started out petulant but ended on pitiful.

?Come here, silly.? Anakin scooted his chair back from the table and patted his legs in invitation. He heard a distinct sniffle as she settled herself on his lap. He began to lightly rub her back as she nestled her head into his shoulder. Anakin lowered his hand to the small round belly that sheltered their children. The thought of twins still brought a bemused smile to his face. He gently reached out to the babies with the Force, sending gentle waves of love and comfort to them. He felt their primitive Force signatures respond, immature but incredibly strong. Anakin smiled as he connected with his children, his pride washing over him. Padme lowered her hand to cover his, and together they cradled their babies, the Skywalker family enjoying this moment of utter peace.

The next morning, Anaking woke up the sound that had greeted him every morning for the last two months-Padme throwing up in the ?fresher. He winced, he could tell it was a particularly bad bout this morning. He threw back the covers and walked to the ?fresher. While Padme was hunched over and retching, he moistened a cloth and knelt down beside her. He pulled back her long hair and gently placed the cool, moist cloth on the back of her neck. Anakin did what he could to alleviate the nausea using the Force, but he couldn?t cure it. Padme finally settled back into a kneeling position and buried her face in Anakin?s chest. He tenderly wiped her face with the cloth and brushed back her damp hair.

?I?m so sorry you feel so bad, angel,? he said with remorse.

?It?s just worse because it?s twins, Ani, something about hormones. Always have to do things in a big way, don?t you Skywalker?? she said with a small smirk.

?Well, you?re the one who looked so gorgeous after a certain Senate reception. No wonder it?s twins, we were up all nigh

2. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    OMG! That was great! Poor Padmé.
    Always have to do things in a big way, don?t you Skywalker?
    LOL! Sounds like Anakin to me.

3. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Wow, do you have a treasure trove of these somewhere or do you just write that fast? ;) Either way, lucky for us!

This was great! I love angst, but every once in a while, we need the fluff, don't we? I loved the picture of Anakin trying to inconspicuously swallow that huge bite of steak, after he first decided that her throwing up didn't take away HIS appetite! [face_laugh]

And then the ending where he was smiling as he congratulated himself on his virility and she knows it without even being able to see his face! [face_laugh]

This was just wonderful and you've got more? Yayness!!

:) :) :)

4. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    AW!! THIS IS SWEET AND SAD AND FUNNY ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!! I LOVE IT!!! And Ani, I know you're being the husband any woman would ever want while Padmé is sick, but STOP BEING SUCH A MAN AND THINK ABOUT HER INSTEAD OF...WELL...YEAH!!! LIKE MY SCIENCE TEACHER SAYS, "KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS OR CHOP IT OFF!"

5. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Very sweet! (And believe me, right now I feel her pain...I went to see 50 First Dates the other night and sobbed uncontrollably. It's ridiculous!)

6. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    This was so sweet.

Anakin heard his wife retching and wondered whether he would still be able to eat his steak. He could smell the tantalizing odor of the roasted meat as it drifted upward; his nose twitched in spite of himself. ?Yep, still looks good,? he mumbled.

ROTFL! Oh, that is SO like a man.

It was so cute to see Anakin doting on a moody Padme.

7. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Having had four babies myself I have a lot of material to work with from my own husband, LOL! I also have taught childbirth and parenting classes as well as labor coaching for about 150 women. I've heard some incredibly funny things in the delivery room, so I have to share the credit.

Gina- the steak story comes from real life, mine! Glad you can enjoy a laugh at my misery : ) Just kidding

stacysatrip- this too shall pass, but that doesn't help you now, LOL!

diamond_pony_2002- I'm sure Padme thought about chopping it off but hopefully reconsidered since by the second trimester those "urges" return in full force

kayladie97- I write when I can't sleep, I don't sleep a lot

Jedi_Jessie_Anne - I figure Anakin is a show off, so Padme would call him on it.

Glad you enjoyed this one, I'm editing a second post now and Padme is feeling better I promise (MUCH better)

8. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    This is great! Its so great to get away from the angst sometimes! This is really harwarming. :)

9. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    LOL this is awesome! :)

10. darththunderbird

darththunderbird Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2003
    that is anakin and padme to a T...so funny! i love it!

11. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I've already told my husband that he's NOT doing this to me again. :) This is my 2nd kid, but I've had a harder time emotionally this time. I know it will go away (maybe...) but I can't help but wonder if it's a sign of things to come. (My 1st pregnancy was effortless, other than the fact that I gave birth to a 10 lb, 14 oz boy, and as a baby he was an angel. He's making up for it now, though, which may explain my highly charged emotional state).

This really is a great idea for a story, since I doubt that in canon Ani gets to be around for much of the pregnancy. I imagine he'd be one of those over-anxious fathers-to-be who doesn't want his wife to lift a finger and drives her COMPLETELY insane with his worrying. I feel for him, though, in this tale...you can never really know how to act around someone who cries for no apparent reason, who bites your head off one minute and wants to bed you the next...it's gotta be tough.

12. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Ha ha! That's great! Poor Ani doesn't know if he's coming or going. I love angst, but it's so good to see them have a few moments of happiness.

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Another peek into the life of Anakin and Padme.

Chapter 2 "Dinner Out"
    Padme watched Anakin on the balcony as he carved a traditional Tatooine design on one of the wooden chests he had made for the twins. A drop of sweat rolled off the end of his nose as he considered the design. His shirt clung to his glistening body in all the right places. Of course, there wasn?t a wrong place to cling to on Anakin?s entire body, she mused. He gave the carving one last look and then caught her gaze.

?Hey, sexy!? he said with a grin.

?Oh yeah, sexy. I?m not even half way through this pregnancy and I?m huge!? She patted her belly, which was really only nicely rounded and obviously pregnant.

?You?re not huge,? he said as he rose gracefully to his feet. ?You?re beautiful and you?re pregnant. Pregnant with my children, which has only made you more beautiful in my eyes.? He touched her cheek with his dirty, sweaty hand and she thought how much she loved it when he touched her, even with filthy hands.

?I?ll have to take your word for the beautiful part, but I can vouch for the pregnancy,? she muttered.

?Let me get showered and I?ll take you out for dinner. It?s been a while since we did that. At least you?ve stopped throwing up,? he whispered warmly in her ear.

?All right, Skywalker, you can take me out to dinner. But I want dessert, too! So no hurrying me, I mean it,? she instructed.

Anakin laughed and gave her a kiss on the tip of her nose. He jogged into the apartment and headed for the ?fresher. He was looking forward to a nice evening out with his wife, and perhaps a chance to rekindle the flames that had been banked by the nausea and fatigue of early pregnancy.

An hour later they were entering a restaurant that featured Nubian cuisine, something Padme seemed to crave now, and in large quantities. As they walked through the crowded room, she noticed that several patrons were pointing at them and whispering. She sighed, remembering the media frenzy when the Jedi Council had announced their marriage. She suddenly realized that there had been no announcement of the pregnancy. The council knew, of course, but there had been no official confirmation. Force, more media breathing down our necks, she thought. For some reason, the media had latched onto the idea of the beautiful senator marrying the handsome young Jedi Knight. Anakin, of course, was completely oblivious to the stares and whispers, being too busy contemplating what he would order for dinner.

They were seated and given menus, to which Anakin immediately gave his full and immediate attention. ?What do you want to start off with, angel?? he asked.

?Everything!? she declared, only half kidding.

?Everything it is then,? he vowed with a solemn nod of his head and a twinkle in his eyes.

They placed their orders and Anakin tried to make good on his vow to order it all, but Padme stopped him, giggling uncontrollably. He raised an eyebrow at her and flashed a rogue?s grin. ?But you did say everything, m?lady. And it is a knight?s job to fulfill his lady?s every desire.?

?Every desire?? she whispered playfully.

Anakin swallowed hard and blushed. It amused Padme that he could still blush after almost four years of marriage. ?Um, every desire?? he repeated in a choked voice.

Padme slipped her foot out of her shoe and ran her foot seductively up his leg, letting it come to rest between his thighs. When he groaned and clenched his hands together on the table, she laughed mischievously. ?Force Padme, you?re killing me! If you don?t stop I swear to you I will pick you up, drag you home, and keep you in our bed for two days. I. Promise.?

Padme smiled and shook her head. ?Uh uh, Anakin. I plan to have a nice leisurely meal,? she said, noting his crestfallen expression. She leaned forward and whispered, ?Then we?ll go home and satisfy our other appetite, my love.? Anakin blushed again, but looked much happier.

They ate their dinner rather quickly, each stealing glances at the other, and smiling like ill-behaved chi

14. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    He settled back down, looking relieved and took her into his embrace again. Then he bolted upright again, ?Complications??

This is hilarious, with Anakin as the concerned pop and Padme as the grumpy mother-to-be!

JS

15. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Delightful!

16. darththunderbird

darththunderbird Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2003
    ?You?re not huge,? he said as he rose gracefully to his feet. ?You?re beautiful and you?re pregnant. Pregnant with my children, which has only made you more beautiful in my eyes.? He touched her cheek with his dirty, sweaty hand and she thought how much she loved it when he touched her, even with filthy hands.

i could just see that.. the gruff, rugged jedi with a soft, sweet, devoted side.. yup, hes a Skywalker alright!

Padme slipped her foot out of her shoe and ran her foot seductively up his leg, letting it come to rest between his thighs. When he groaned and clenched his hands together on the table, she laughed mischievously. ?Force Padme, you?re killing me! If you don?t stop I swear to you I will pick you up, drag you home, and keep you in our bed for two days. I. Promise.?

Padme smiled and shook her head. ?Uh uh, Anakin. I plan to have a nice leisurely meal,? she said, noting his crestfallen expression. She leaned forward and whispered, ?Then we?ll go home and satisfy our other appetite, my love.? Anakin blushed again, but looked much happier.

They ate their dinner rather quickly, each stealing glances at the other, and smiling like ill-behaved children. When Anakin finally decided that her delicate foot had tortured him enough beneath the table he captured it in his firm grip and proceeded to tickle it very lightly. Padme almost fell out of her chair, prompting more laughter from Anakin and incredulous stares from their fellow diners. The other patrons heard a strange thumping sound as the usually dignified senator?s knee began hitting the table in her efforts to free her suffering foot. Anakin finally took mercy on her and released it, rather suddenly, causing Padme to rear back in her chair precariously. Anakin used the Force to steady her chair and bring it gently back into a safe position. Unable to help themselves, they both began to laugh so hard that tears were rolling down their faces. Then Padme inadvertently let out a snort as she laughed, which almost caused Anakin to fall out of his own chair.

that was great! i could see Natalie and Hayden/padme and anakin doing that! great that padme still has her..um.. mischeivous side despite her pregnancy!

17. 1-Ani-Obi-luvr

1-Ani-Obi-luvr Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    Awww. The Skywalkers are a happy family! Sounds like they are having some fun, too much? No way! This is great, I can't wait to see more!

18. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    LOL this one was great too :)

19. jedimasterkipdurron

jedimasterkipdurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    Great story! It's absoulutly fabulous! Continue with your great work, soon I hope.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Oh man- this is absolutely GREAT! I can just see stressed out Ani in these situations and Padme's revolving moodswings are hysterical! [face_laugh] Great interaction between our favorite couple.

Keep it up! :D

21. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, I think it is safe to say that Padme is over her sickness! :p

Great post! It was so sweet the way Anakin kept trying to reassure Padme that she was still beautiful to him.

22. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Another one, very short. Padme is in what is known as the "honeymoon" part of pregnancy. Big enough to look pregnant and not like she's been hitting the dessert bar too often, and yet not so big that people wince sympathetically when she walks by. Her energy is back and she is feeling good. And she wants to share those good feelings with her husband.

Chapter 3 "In Need of a Nap"

Anakin smiled as he thought about the anniversary present he had gotten for Padme. He knew she would love it. He had arranged for them to take a trip back to Naboo to see her family. She hadn?t been home in over a year, she had not even left Coruscant in that time. The end of the Clone Wars had meant that the devoted young senator spent much of her time in meetings. He knew that his wife would enjoy spending time with her family, especially since their own family was about to expand. She didn?t say much about it, but he knew she missed them. Obi-Wan had thought the gift a fine idea when Anakin had discussed it with him. Anakin was on a sort of ?leave of absence? during Padme?s pregnancy and so was not required to go on missions right now. The council was still trying to figure out how a married Jedi was going to fit in the scheme of things, but Obi-Wan had convinced them to try. Anakin knew he would be forever grateful for Obi-Wan?s loyalty and continued friendship. Still, he couldn?t wait to stick Obi-Wan with a few dirty diapers. It was only fair after all the ?freshers he had cleaned on Obi-Wan?s orders.

Anakin opened the apartment door and knew it would be empty. Padme was at yet another interminable meeting and would return home late this evening. Anakin usually used these times to meditate (Obi-Wan still nagged him about that) but he found himself too tired. Padme had been, well a bit demanding lately, physically. Apparently, new hormones had kicked in and she was feeling rather? romantic. Anakin was more than happy to oblige but the physical toll was becoming apparent. The Chosen One needed a nap.

Later that evening, Padme entered their apartment, surprised to find it dark and quiet. Perhaps Anakin had stayed longer at the Temple than he anticipated. Oh well, she had time for a snack and then she would try to track down Anakin. She went into the bedroom to change into something more comfortable and to her surprise found her husband sprawled across the bed. He was stretched out diagonally, with his big, bare feet hanging off the edge closest to her. He was on his stomach and she could see the side of his face, framed by blond hair. It was longer now, just brushing his shoulders, the Padawan braid missing of course. His mouth was slightly open and he was snoring quietly. He looked utterly exhausted. She just knew that Obi-Wan must have made him spend the entire afternoon sparring or something equally demanding and now her poor husband was simply worn out. She resolved to give Obi-Wan a piece of her mind when she saw him again.

Padme sat down on the bed and gently brushed back his hair. She leaned down to place a chaste kiss on his open mouth but couldn?t resist and lightly ran her tongue across his lips. He pursed his lips and grumbled something unintelligible and then seemed to settle back down to sleep. Padme frowned. He really was tired! She decided to snuggle beside him and settled herself neatly into his side. He turned so that he was cradling her but didn?t wake up. Padme was very still for a few moments, but the feel of his warmth nestled against her began to make her think of things other than sleeping. ?Anakin?? she whispered. No response, not even a twitch from the long, lean body next to her. ?Anakin?? she said a bit more loudly. Still nothing. Shavit! Well, time to take more drastic measures.

She turned toward him so that she could see the pulse beating in his tanned throat. She began kissing that pulse and then brought her lips up to his ear and began whispering naughty nothings in it. Anakin finally stirred and opened his eyes. They were bright blue and still

23. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    ***wolf whistle***

24. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great post :)

25. jedimasterkipdurron

jedimasterkipdurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2003
Thread Status: