main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Force Help Me! She's Pregnant- A/A, AU, 100% angst free / COMPLETE!! Sequel coming this week!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Mar 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I loved Anakin trying to bargain with Leia. Poor guy.

This one comes from real life. We were blessed with a baby girl who bears a striking resemblence to Leia. All three of her brothers are scared of her, even the twenty year old, and not afraid to admit it! One night, after she had been up for who knows how long, I heard her daddy whispering to her in the dark, "Megan I will give you a Visa card if you'll be quiet and go to sleep now." She didn't take his offer that night, but now that she is almost 16 she has offered to take him up on it. So far, Daddy has refused. Something about a limitation clause, LOL!

Just a little hint from the next (and last) post.

?All right, play it coy! I?ll eventually find out you know,? she told him as she went to answer Leia?s cries.

?Oh, I guarantee you will, angel,? he whispered to himself as his eyes roamed over her retreating figure.

2. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    I got a laugh out of Ani thinking his trials were easier than taking care of two cranky babies.

The amount of screaming a newborn can do is truly amazing.

3. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Last post? :( Oh well. Looking forward to it!

4. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Heh. Just wait until the twins are older, Ani and Padme. Just wait................. I'm willing to bet that the terrible twos with Luke and Leia will be really, really awful.

5. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I finally had time to sit down and read all of this - and I love it. :D There are so many funny parts I could fill pages of replies with them. I love the way you've written Anakin and Padmé in this AU - happy and as deeply in love as ever. It's so cute. [face_love]

Wonderful job - this was a really fun, enjoyable, angst-free (as promised!) read. Well done. :)

And I can't believe there's only one post left. :(

6. jedimasterkipdurron

jedimasterkipdurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    There's too many funny quotes to post! It's all perfect again!

*ROFLMAO*

7. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Hehe, poor parents. Being done in by two babies. :p

The Chosen One had been reduced to frustrated tears by six pounds of human female [face_laugh] Lets just hope that Obi-Wan doesn't found that one out. He'll never let Anakin live it down. :p

One more post, awwww. I love this story. Sad to see it will be over so soon.

8. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    The last post should be up tomorrow. I've got it all written, just want to check over it. I'm glad everyone has enjoyed this one. Perhaps you shall see the Skywalker family later, after all parenthood doesn't end with postpartum, now does it? We shall see. I will reply to everyone tomorrow, but thank you for reading this humble little work, it's been so much fun.

A teaser: a familiar face will show up, not one you have seen so far...

9. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    The last installment! This one is definitely rated PG-13, so please be advised. I hope you all enjoy it.

Chapter 11: A Lucky Man

The twins were almost six weeks old now and Padme and Anakin had settled into new routines. Every two or three hours one of the twins would wake up, almost always Leia, and demand to be fed. Padme would nurse Leia while Anakin got Luke ready to eat. Luke didn?t wake up as readily as Leia, but Padme liked to get the feedings over at the same time. So Anakin spent several minutes in a darkened room softly whispering to his son, telling him of the wonders of the galaxy and the things that they would do together. Luke always nestled snuggly in his father?s arms and looked up at him with wide blue eyes full of love and trust.

Once Leia was done eating, which never took long since she had the appetite of a growing gundark, Anakin would take his daughter, burp her and then change her diaper. Leia was always pleased to present her proud father with a huge belch, in fact Anakin was already thinking about entering her in the Padawan belching contests the apprentices held at the Temple when she was older. He just had to figure out a way to sneak her past Padme. He would figure something out when the time came.

Padme would nurse the far more sedate Luke, who seemed to be more of a gourmet as he lingered over his meal. He would pause to look up at his mother, pull away from her breast and give her the grin that reminded her of his father. He liked to twine his baby fingers through her curls and if she happened to have her hair up while she nursed him he would express his displeasure until she gave in and let her hair down. He seemed to find great comfort and enjoyment in running his hands through her hair. Bant had told them that both of the babies were ahead in their development. Padme and Anakin had decided they weren?t sure if this was a good thing or a bad thing yet, only time would tell.

Padme always liked to watch Anakin change the babies? diapers because it continued to amaze her that a man who could probably build a droid out of two rubber bands, a scrap of wire, and a hunk of metal could find changing the diaper of one squirming baby so difficult. Invariably, the diapers ended up loosely bunching around tiny hips or completely off center. But she followed her mother?s wise advice and never belittled his efforts, offering her husband praise for his help. He would always stand back and put his hands on his hips, proudly viewing his efforts and then he would give a nod of immense satisfaction if the diaper didn?t fall off immediately. He tried, he really did.

Once Luke had finished his leisurely meal, Padme would hand him to Anakin and then take a quick trip to the fresher. Anakin found Luke?s diaper easier to change, as he had explained it to Padme, he was familiar with Luke?s ?parts? and didn?t worry about hurting him inadvertently as he did Leia. He was intimidated by her feminine differences. Padme had given him a wicked smirk and Anakin had blushed and looked down at his feet.

Obi-Wan had taken Shmi back to Tatooine the day before the Skywalker family left Naboo. Tears and promises were exchanged and a trip to Tatooine was planned for the near future. The new little family had returned to Coruscant only last week and had spent that first week showing off Luke and Leia. They made the rounds at the senate, of course, and the twins were admired by all, even those species who found the babies quite unattractive since they lacked fur or scales. The Jedi council members had been impressed with the babies, although they noticed that Padme hovered over them like a mother rancor, ready to protect them from any and all threats. Obi-Wan had informed the council that the young parents were not sure of what role the Jedi would play in the lives of their children, although it was obvious that both of them had a strong affinity for the Force.

Padme watched Anakin as he got dressed and prepared for

10. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    "They made the rounds at the senate, of course, and the twins were admired by all, even those species who found the babies quite unattractive since they lacked fur or scales"

=> This one almost had me collapse [face_laugh]

"The boy flashed a lopsided grin that Anakin knew would one day cause feminine hearts to beat faster."

=> I thought, "Oh no, she didn't dare !!!"

Well, you dared :D

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    The boy flashed a lopsided grin that Anakin knew would one day cause feminine hearts to beat faster."

=> I thought, "Oh no, she didn't dare !!!"

Well, you dared

Yes, I dared! The dark side made me do it. I couldn't resist. Han has been lingering in the background of this story, at least in my mind, since I began writing it. I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it, I really couldn't. You know how hard the dark side is to resist!

12. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Uh-oh...Counterfactual history supposedly does have a way of returning to pre-determined chains of events... [face_mischief]

Great, stuff, Vader. :D Sorry to see it end. *claps*

13. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    She's already said something about possible sequels, now hasn't she ? ;)

14. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    *Stands and claps* Bravo!

What a welcome relief from the drudgery of angst! We will need more and more of these as EpIII approaches (and after!!!). You have teenagers, come on, you know you should write about the Skywalker twins as teenagers! Although it wouldn't be 100% angst free for Anakin and Padme! [face_laugh]

15. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    This was amazing!!! [face_laugh]

Great story!!

16. Zane-Marit

Zane-Marit Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Finally got caught up and I have to say this leaves me with a warm fuzzy feeling which is nice to have once in awhile.

I totally LOVED the ending with Han...

Take a bow..you deserve it. :)

17. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    AWWWW LITTLE HAN SO CUTE SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Starlight-Pixiedust

Starlight-Pixiedust Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2004
    All I have to say is thank god my birth control pills!

19. jedimasterkipdurron

jedimasterkipdurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    Bravo excellant end! Very good way that you brough in Han Solo!

20. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Beautiful ending. May I possible beg you for a sequel with the twins as teenagers? Please.

There were times, like today, when he almost felt he had, by an unknown miracle, avoided some terrible fate. You have no idea, Anakin, no idea.

I had to smile when the little boy walked up. I figured it was Han and wasn't disappointed.

*light blub* Han and a teenaged Leia meet again. That would be funny. Anakin's anixety level would skyrocket :p

21. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    As this story is sadly ending, I'm going to save this post to read offline later tonight- good before bed reading. :) Anyway, a little kick up until I get back with a review. Can't wait to read this, VaderLVR64!

JD.

22. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    The ending was so sweet! I demand a sequel! Many sequels!

23. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    It's over?? Nooooooo! *sobs uncontrollably* :p

Perfect ending. I love how you introduced Han into this.

Padme always liked to watch Anakin change the babies? diapers because it continued to amaze her that a man who could probably build a droid out of two rubber bands, a scrap of wire, and a hunk of metal could find changing the diaper of one squirming baby so difficult.

ROTFL!!

This was a joy to read from start to finish! :)

24. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    It's over... now what do I do with this? *holds up picture of Palpy with dart holes all over it*

25. returnofthejeni

returnofthejeni Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2003
    I LOVED these, even though I'm afraid to have kids now! :p

I hope you do more of them... I'd like to see how Anakin reacts to TWO teenage Skywalkers that are just like him.

I foresee a lot of gray hairs in his future...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.