Force Imersion?

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Yuul_Shamar, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't have the Saga Edition so I do not know if they covered this in that so I would ask the following: How would you incorporate Imersion into game terms? I'm not talking about becoming invisible to sight, but that thing that allows you to simply vanish from force based senses, example being Jacen/Darth Caedus in the Lotf.

I don't think force steal fits this as the books describe the fact that everyone can make themselves harder to detect and whatnot but you can still possibly sense them, but this is different from force imersion. Should a house skill or feat be implemented to cover it?
  2. dp4m Chosen One

star 10
    Isn't it just a highly-specialized version of the RCRB Force Stealth?
  3. Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master

star 4
    Umm... No, Force Stealth lets you mask yourself, Imersion lets you vanish entirely and even a natural twenty on see force would detect you
  4. Koohii Jedi Master

star 5
    So, how Yoda & ObiWan could hide for 18 years...
  5. Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master

star 4
    For yoda, by drowning in the life of Dagohbah, for Kenobi, Being on a backwater world that the imps never even bothered until the Tantive 4 incident.
  6. inkpenavenger Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well, the bottom line is, there's no such thing as a "perfect" ability in an RPG. Allowing a power that renders you "undetecable even if they roll a nat 20" is unfair for a game. As for Force-based stealth in Saga Edition, The CLEAR MIND and FORCE HAZE abilities are the closest.
  7. Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master

star 4
    yea... was just curious
  8. Jedi_Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    QFT, if it were to be expanded upon, then you could argue there's a bit of art of the small chucked in there for good measure. The scene where Luke and Vergere were dueling minds reminds me of that, hence how she was able to go near the ship things the vong had... Yammosks, that's it.

9. dp4m Chosen One

star 10
    The only difference is that he's likely involving some Fallanassi current immersion as a function of the Force Stealth.

Also, Yoda and Kenobi were *theoretically* hidden by Dark Side nexi close to their hiding locations to mask their light-sideness.

Yoda's was established in ESB; Kenobi's was established as a hook in the 1987 SWRPG by WEG.
  10. Jedi_Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    Wasn't it canonized that it was pretty much on top of where Anakin killed the Tuskens in AotC? I can't post proof on that though... If not on top of, then quite near.

It would link in all-too-conveniently with the tuskens being 'pushed back' and Hett expanding again in that direction between episode 3 and 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.