main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Force Is Strong In This One..."

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by akamu2, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akamu2

akamu2 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 11, 2003
    Ok, Ben's voice pops up in Luke's head telling him to use the Force to take out the Death Star. The only indication that Vader noticed this is the above quote. I'm wondering, do you think Vader was able to, or in fact, DID hear Ben's voice also? Or did he just feel another "tremor" in the Force? Maybe he did hear Obi-Wan and that was the seed of his figuring out that Luke was his son and trying to find him by ESB.
    Oh well...random thoughts on a Monday; hope everyone's doing well out there!

2. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    He just felt a tremor. Vader learnt about Luke's true identity sometime between ANH and ESB.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    He just felt a tremor.

4. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    I actually think that the tremor he felt could have been Ben, rather than Luke. Vader says this immediately after Ben calls to Luke, and Ben said he'd be "more powerful than [Vader] could possibly imagine."

5. generallee5

generallee5 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2003
    Whether he head Ben's voice or not, I'm pretty sure he was reffering to Luke when he said: The Force is strong in this one...."

6. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    I didn't say Vader heard Ben, simply that it was Ben that Vader felt. Watch the scene again - Luke isn't doing anything with the Force when Ben "talks" to him, and Vader immediately says "Force Is Strong In This One...". It's after this scene that Luke uses the Force.

Also, keep in mind that Ben is one with the Force at this point. He comes to Luke as the Force, and this is what Vader senses. It's really not a stretch at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.