main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force Lightning in Photoshop?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DarkJediX018, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkJediX018

DarkJediX018 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2003
    Hey has anyone perfected the technique of making force lightning similar to the Emperor's or Dooku's in Photoshop. I have tried and I just can't get to look as good as it did in Return of the Jedi or Attack of the Clones.

2. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    No, but I'll try a test in a sec.

EDIT: Never mind, can't get much good lightning in photoshop. If you had AE, maybe, just maybe.

3. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    In the latest issue of Newtype, they explain a technique which is basically create some clouds using the cloud filter, using yellow and black, then another layer above it with red and black, and overlay them on difference mode, and adjust the curves to something like an S-Curve, and it looks like branching lightning. Airbrush to your liking. Tho, you realize that it can't be animated, right?

4. John2460

John2460 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    It is possible to animate them by creating two different lightning arcs and then using a morhphing program to transform one to the other.

5. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    I meant using Photoshop. He may not have a morphing program, and the results would suck, let alone, look like Dooku's f.l.

6. John2460

John2460 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    You'd be surprised. I've experimented with morphing arcs and have come up with some really good stuff. Actually, It looks a lot like Dooku's lightning when he first shoots at Yoda. Now, when he shoots it at Obi-wan, it looks like the product of some elaborate particle system or wierd twisted 3d animation, which is way beyond me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.