main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA force.net has sold OUT!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedi456123, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi456123

jedi456123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2003
    This is sad, because I have been coming to theforce.net since 5-20-99, but I can not take it anymore. They now work for Lucasfilm, no longer post any real spoilers, and are banning people who try to hook-up links to info Lucasfilm does not want anyone to have. The funny thing is, the info is still out there. When will people realize that they can not control the dissemination of information on the internet, and the harder they make people work for it, the more they piss people off. Anyhow, that is my final soap-box on this derivative site. I'm gonna ride on millenniumfalcon. com. And yes I realize millennium is spelled incorrectly, that's how the people that run the site spelled it.

Locked per CR request

2. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    have fun

and please don't clutter up this forum with "free speech on the internet" threads, this forum is for discussion of the Spokane Fan Force and other related items...

3. jedi456123

jedi456123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2003
    Gee, I thought the post was about Star Wars, and the coverage theforce.net gave to Ep.III. I should have known better to expect a reasonable degree of intelligence from Star Wars fans in Spokane. My apologies to those who PM'd me. I won't be meeting you after all.

4. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Let's all cool off, a second.
    Regardless of my own personal political feelings to Lucasfilm, we should allow a person to speak, since it is Star Wars related.
    jedi456123, I'm still trying to grasp as the significance of your post. Do you think that because LF owns tfn that the information released will change? The fans are still the one's posting.

5. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Well, you yourself just stated that you wouldn't be hanging around here...
    Anyhow, that is my final soap-box on this derivative site. I'm gonna ride on millenniumfalcon. com.

So, I don't know why you're still posting... [face_plain] I don't mean to be rude, but, this Fan Force is BASED off of theforce.net. If we were to move our group somewhere else, we would no longer be an Official Fan Force group... something which we are quite proud of... I for one (I don't, by any means, speak for the rest of the group) have no problem if Lucasfilm controls a site that is based around their own creation... who cares if Lucasfilm is trying to stifle what information leaks out to the public, they have every right to do that. I don't see the issue with them taking control (if that is indeed what is happening...) of theforce.net.
    I should have known better to expect a reasonable degree of intelligence from Star Wars fans in Spokane.

Not the best way to make friends... It's a shame you forfeited joining an amazing group of fans because of one poorly thought-out statement. Thanks for posting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.