main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Force Potential

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Silas Nightstalker, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Yeah, the game was hell on Sith Master (snipers, I hate you) and makes Starkiller seem a lot less overblown.

Hell, I felt like I was in the middle of Order 66 in places.

Ulicus and rumsmuggler like this.
  2. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    Starkiller and then his clone, who was perhaps even more powerful than the original Starkiller...it was just ridiculous. Cool game, but awful story. He would have to go down as one of the most powerful Force users of all time, more so than Yoda, Luke, Kyp, or Jacen.

Danzo likes this.
  3. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    Exactly my own feelings. I loved the games, but I couldn't help but feel disillusioned. His raw power just seemed too high.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    He was one of the most powerful known force users considering he is what a Vader trained Luke would have been. The is the basic idea behind the game.

5. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    Which brings us to the question of how did he become so powerful? Was his MC count really that high? Or was he just trained amazingly well? I suppose that even if his MC count was average, being trained by Vader could help bring that out in him, but even then, Vader wouldn't have been able to always train him, as he was a secret apprentice.

6. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Probably a combination of both. Galen also has Proxy, has sidekick/training DROID that is programed to kill him at random moments, so he had to keep on his P's and Q's at all times

7. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    Would it be fair to say that Galen would be the equivalent of, oh say, Kyp Durron, had he embraced the dark side? Apparently Kyp is considered to be nearly as powerful as Luke, if not just as, and may have been more powerful than him at one time. Had Kyp been trained from a boy to be a Sith, would he be comparable to Galen?

8. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    That's why Starkiller should be de-canonized, it's just stupid and cheapens the rest of the Star Wars EU

Personally i never acknowledge TFU as canon

Jedi_Glover and Silas Allender like this.
  9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'd have more of a problem with Rhett's "power levels" if he wasn't so transparently the result of all kinds of Sith experimentation, gene splicing, and midi-chlorian manipulation.

I mean, come on, no-one really believes the party line that "Starkiller is so powerful because he had two Jedi for parents", do they? He's Star Wars Mewtwo. :p

RC-1991 and Zorrixor like this.
  10. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Original rhett was just a normal child of two jedi trained to the max by Vader.

11. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Yeah. I've always been partial to the idea you never played the original kid, and that even the dude at the start of TFU1 was just Clone #XXX after tons of genetic fiddling.

Ulicus likes this.
  12. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    There's really no compelling reason to think so. I mean, hell, even in TFU I they telegraphed the fact that he was part of some weird cloning project. The dude who wakes up on the operating table clearly isn't the same guy who got spaced half way through the game. The novel even makes note of the fact he no longer has any of his old scars.

It's also interesting that the corpse Vader shows off to Dark!Rhett is Spaced!Rhett, rather than SupposedlyDiedOnTheDeathStar!Rhett. [face_whistling]

Dark!Rhett: Lord Vader never told you what happened to your template.
    TFU II Rhett: He told me enough. He told me he died on the Death Star!
    Dark!Rhett: No! I am your template!
    TFU II Rhett: :eek::_|

Danzo and Zorrixor like this.
  13. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    So basically there's a conspiracy that Starkiller is either a clone in TFU or a product of genetic manipulation? Sounds plausible. Star Wars' Mewtwo. I love it.

14. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Sounds way better then two jedi parents.

15. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    It's not absurd to think that the offspring of two Jedi would be very powerful. Just look at Ben Skywalker. Jacen Solo himself predicted that Ben would someday be more powerful than his own father. I just can't see somebody that powerful coming from two ordinary Jedi, unless the theory that the Force started manifesting itself in Jedi more strongly after the Purge is true.

16. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Yeah but that is probably a factor of Skywalker Super DNA not two just two jedi parents so yeah in that case not absurd.

17. Silas Nightstalker

Sep 7, 2012
    It could also be that Palpatine and Plagueis's manipulation of midichlorians could have had long term effects. After all, there is a theory that Anakin was created as an unknown result of the manipulations. It could also be that the same manipulations boosted Garen's potential. However, this is me playing devil's advocate. I just can't see TFU being canon (even though it is) because Starkiller is SO much more powerful than any other Jedi. Much more than Anakin at the same age. MUCH more.