main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force Power List

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by WhisperingDeath, Jul 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Alright, well I know of all the force powers demonstrated on film, TFN fan films, and games. But what other jedi powers are there in the books series. I am getting tired of the push, grip, lightning combos that are in every movie. Do we have any exotic force powers that have been cannonized or whatever the phrase is?

2. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    In JJK, Anakin was able to reach into a snake with the Force and stop its heart from beating. Valyn Horn was able to repeatedly make swarms of insects attack people. Those are the only two off the top of my head (it's late, give me a break)

3. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Are you sure you have the right board? You might want to try the EU board. :)

4. JM-Anakin-Solo

JM-Anakin-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    I believe maybe self levitation has been cannonized. I seem to recall Luke jumping off the top of a Massassi temple in I, Jedi.

Don't forget the classic Alter Mind trick.

Then if you want to get into FanFic territory I created a Vortex power and the Vigor... if you want more detailed info on those you can PM me but they are definitely not cannon... yet. ;)

5. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Jayen... I can see where this would be the right board. If WD is looking for specific info to write a fic then it is pertinent to the Writers' Resource. :D

6. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Yes, prehaps, dear Matt, but if WD wants to know about cannon events, such as those in the books ...

WD didn't say anything about what we use our own fan fics ...

*shrugs*

7. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Ahh yes Jayen... but he may want cannon ideas for his fic. This info could be obtained in the Lit boards as well... but it will ultimately be up to Talon whether this topic fits or not. ;)

8. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Julie, actually :p

It won't get locked, methinks, just won't recieve much in the way of helpful replies ... who knows, two egotiscal authors could just take up all the space with a meaningless debate ...

9. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Julie is it? I thought it was Talon... hmmm...

Mindless debate? Who would be so rude? Some people... *sigh*

10. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Talon is a manager, he does do mod-ing around here, though.

*rolls eyes* Yeah, those people

11. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Ahh... das ist es... Ich weisse das. Ein manager ist Herr Talon. :D :D

I knew I had seen him mod-ing a few posts. ;)

I need to find out who these rude posters are so I can give them a piece of my mind!

12. Loka Hask

Loka Hask Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 1999
    Why do you need canon? Why not make some up? There's limitless possibilites... it's all just how you manipulate it.

What about the ability to drain your opponent of energy, leaving him weak and helpless?

Telepathy can be used in more ways than just mind tricks-- an experienced sith lord could act as a puppet master, transfixing his gaze apon a helpless victim, making him do actions against his will.... Or maybe he uses it to manipulate one's emotions-- he could terrify or embolden someone with courage with a simple gesture.

How about using the force to make yourself a conduit into the force itself, allowing long dead masters of the force to inhabit your body for a short period of time, allowing them to complete a task they didn't long ago, or allow your comrades to ask him for important pointers or advice.

Teleportation? Do you think that's a feasible power for someone with the force? I imagine it would take a large amount of control, and would be more likely that someone of the darkside would use it.

What about just using the force to make your molecules unstable, allowing you to pass through solid objects, effectively making yourself ethereal.

Those are just some off the top of my head. :)

13. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Don't start with the German, boy!

In the EU, characters are often able to feel each other from great distances. They can also transfer their consious into large computers and then into another body (clones as well). They can, strangely enough, alter their apperance using the Force (Luke does this at one point) and erase other people's memories. They can also disappear (not the Jedi, only the White Sisters Order, or whatever they're called). They can talk to unborn children ... and I'm getting bored now.

14. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Ich werde auf deutsche gesprechen wenn ich will auf deutsche gesprechen! ;)

In seriousness...

There is also the energy drain/absorb that Corran and all decendants of the Halcyon lineage are skilled in.

Loka is right... the fic is ultimately your and what you do with it is up to you.

BTW, I have done the teleportation thing... but only once. If you do teleportation you have to be careful because you may be close to creating a 'Mary-Sue'. No other Jedi can do it so be careful when you use it. I use an image of the Force as the branch of a tree. The other branches are different ways to tap into the ultimate power. In my fic Anakin Solo is able to tap into the central power but only briefly... but with the help of Kyp and Corran he uses the power to teleport away... afterwards he collapses.

The only downside of creating new Force powers is that they tend to become ultimate powers and that can detract from the story. You must be sure to give your characters weaknesses as well or they will be uninteresting to read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.