main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Force powers moving forward in Star Wars.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DealAlterer, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DealAlterer

DealAlterer Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    I believe what exictes me most about the trilogy moving forward is the freedom to finally cover new ground.

Remember that feeling you had when you first saw Luke call for that lightsaber while he was hanging upside down in the wampa cave? It was pretty cool right? I mean up until that point we never saw anything like that before. We didn't even know a jedi could do that. In fact take it a step further and recall the final duel in Jedi. I bet when Luke tossed that saber in defiance of the Emperor you didn't know he could shoot lightning from his hands!

So for me it begs the question, what else could these jedi do? Just what CAN you accomplish the stronger you become with the force? Have we really seen it all? I wonder. I mean Yoda lifted that x-wing out of the swamp rather handily. It's not crazy to think he was also capable of much, much more.

But the most important question moving forward is do we really need to witness the same story again? Do we really need to witness another trilogy about a civilian turned jedi who learns the way of the force and accumulates a bunch of "feeble skills" along the way? Didn't we see that already? Shouldn't we move beyond that now?

If the last story was about a normal man turned jedi, shouldn't the next story be about a jedi becoming an even stronger jedi? One that discovers HIS OWN new abilities?

[face_thinking]

Your thoughts?

2. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    We saw everything the Jedi can do in the prequels, but the force "awakening" opens up new possibilities.

3. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014
    teleportation ....

hmm think wise, this new ability may be....hmm

4. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    We will see things some would consider "unnatural"

5. Miffy

Miffy Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2015
    I just described one possibility in the Daisy Ridley thread, where I speculate that Kylo might "wipe" Kira's mind and her Force presence to protect her when they're attacked in the flashback (pure speculation).

Another speculative idea I came up with is that Rey/Kira will be the first Force-wielder to reject the Jedi/Sith dichotomy, and learn the true, complete - "balanced" nature of the Force. Neither extreme (avoiding emotion/Jedi, giving in to emotion/Sith) works, and the "shift" or change in the Force is Rey awakening/attuning to the real, complete Force.

6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The only thing I would like to see is maybe immortality, if that's even possible for Force beings — Plagueis cheating death being one of them, if he's even in this thing, that is.

Jedi with a TARDIS likes this.
  7. Forcesensitive01

Forcesensitive01 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    I believe that this story of discovering one's own abilities is something that Luke will have gone through in the past 30 years. I think Luke will basically have meditated in the years upon years of his exile, and has really come to understand the true nature of the force. I also think this notion of the "balanced" force user will be hinted at by his teachings to Rey and Finn. Luke I also expect will have some new powers, and if not brand new powers, then he will at least employ the old ones in more powerful and creative ways than we have ever seen before.

8. Forcesensitive01

Forcesensitive01 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    How awesome would it be to get a scene where Luke is discussing the force with his new pupils, Finn and Rey, and he makes a nod to the midichlorians by saying something along the lines of "For thousands of years people have tried to rationalize the force, to quantify its nature. But in my understanding, the force is immeasurable and infinite, our possible uses for such a power are endless, but as Jedi we must be cautious of how we use this gift. We must keep balance."

Darth Calvin and Wildcatbarry like this.
  9. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    I'd LOVE to see knew Force abilities, I just have no clue what they'd be!

10. KenW

KenW Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 25, 2015
    People would be excited as long as it could be done with practical effects.

11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I always liked flow walking from the old EU.

DarthIshyZ and Wildcatbarry like this.
  12. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Perhaps the ability to tell the truth rather than dress it up with "certain points of view"

13. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I'd like to see some medical uses for the force. Wiping someone's mind seems to be a "dark side" power. I can possibly see using that as a "light side" but you'd have to be able to un-wipe their mind to do that, correct? Perhaps being able to help someone's mental stability.

I would also like to see the ability to battle meld or to have clearer premonitions. We've seen some premonitions, but they're quite non-specific.

Technology-wise, I'd also like to see the creation of a lightsaber. We saw it in TCW cartoon, but not in live action. Finally, I'd love to see some Holocrons. I believe that's what Kanan had (that Ezra lifted and viewed while in prison).

14. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Fixed. :)

15. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    Illusions. Throwing voices. Astral projection while living.

Jedi are wizards, so moving past mere telekinesis would be a fresh option.

16. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I'd like to see more of what we saw an all-too brief glimpse of in TPM when Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon sped away from the droids on the TF ship in a complete blur. What was that? Why didn't we see that again in the rest of the PT?

17. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Yeah, I don't want to see that again. Opens up a can of worms that could destroy action scenes. I suspect that's why Lucas never revisited it.

Toonimator likes this.
  18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The "light side" Jedi do use it on Revan though.

Jedi Knight Fett and DarthIshyZ like this.
  19. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I guess that makes it one of those "use it to an extent, but no more" type of powers.

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Agreed, adding superspeed creates too many problems, not the least of which is "why didn't Obi-Wan use it to get to Qui-Gon & Maul before the gates closed?" Having access to superspeed requires careful and clever writing... It's one of my biggest problems with CW's The Flash. One moment he's doing all sorts of things easily, disarming common crooks, etc, but the next he's stymied by deadly robotic bees hovering in midair in front of him--but ONLY in front of him--or by crooks who use fancy science guns but still should be completely vulnerable to him zipping in and taking their guns. Superspeed's tricky.

Iron_lord and DarthLightlyBruise like this.
  21. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Yup. Best to just leave it alone. Odd, though, that Lucas used it at the start of TPM, and then abandoned it. Did he decide to jettison the idea late in post-production, and just not have time to remove it from the beginning sequence?

Toonimator likes this.
  22. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Don't we already have a thread for this?

23. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    InstaHealTM.

24. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i love force speed. if it's used it needs to be a very draining effort and a last resort, that way it's not overpowered. when the jedi use it in tpm they have no other options and they hide afterwards. so you could get way with that by saying it's not easy. obi did some super jumps in the duel of the fates and couldn't use speed after that. it's too draining.

25. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    [​IMG]
    The ability to fly! Or like Magneto!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.