main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force Powers not working?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Rylis, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rylis

Rylis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    I've been wondering about this for awhile. Does the Darkside force powers work on other Jedi? If so, why didn't Vader just Force-Choke Obi-Wan at the end of ANH? I mean, I guess he wanted to prove to Obi that he was not the pupil that he remembered anymore and all, but still...

2. Jedimancer

Jedimancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 16, 2004
    There's probably a "counter-spell" if you will against the force-choke, which Obi would probably have figured. You know, Yoda even figured out a defense agains Sith-lightning. Also, Darth may have wanted to take Obi down in a fair duel, me thinks. He wanted to show he could be boss without resorting to any cheap tricks, at least right at first.

3. Rylis

Rylis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, plus it would have made obi-wan look pretty weak dropping his lightsaber and gasping for air. I want a real lightsaber..

4. shadowplay_80

shadowplay_80 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2001
    I suppose that depends on if Vader's strength in the force would be able to overpower Obi-Wan's force abilities.
    Kinda like on Spaceballs: "He got the upside, I got the downside. There's two sides to every Schwartz"
    But aside from that I think Vader would want to prove that he's the better saber wielder and beat him in a fair fight. Just to show that he's now the master.

5. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I am sure there is much more going on in that fight than you can see with your eyes (or would be, if it was real ;) )

6. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    I think Vader still has some honor when it comes to dueling another Jedi.

"Escape is not his plan. I must face him... alone." That is what he says about Obi on the Death Star.

Then on Bespin, he could have had stormtroopers get Luke and capture him. No, he fought him one on one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.