main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force run !!??!?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by poker, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poker

poker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    I noticed something yesterday while watching TPM...

At the beggining of the movie, when ObiWan and Qui Gon face the Destroyer Droids...

Qui Gon says it is a stalemate and they flee... Anyone noticed HOW FAST THEY MOVE? Is it a probem with my DVD or are they using some force run???? It is even more evident when in slow motion...

And if its a force power, why aren't they using it elsewhere?

2. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    (CLONE WARS: VOLUME 3 SPOILER WARNING)
    I believe Shaak Ti uses it near the end of Chapter 25.
    (CLONE WARS: VOLUME 3 SPOILER WARNING)

3. ExarKunundrum

ExarKunundrum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    Play Jedi Academy. Get level 3 Force Speed. Use it.

That should answer all your questions ;)

4. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    I always thought it was crappy effects.

5. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Its similar to Luke's super jump in ESB prior to Vader's "Impressive, most impressive" line. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan move at a similar speed that Luke jumps at.

6. poker

poker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Too bad Obiwan didn't use this while fighting Maul... Maybe Qui Gon would be alive ;)

7. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Nah, it's done on purpose. I think it was called a "force dash" is one of the scripts. Jedi do it all the time in the Clone Wars cartoon, and it's nothing new in the EU either. I think that's just the first time we've seen it happen in canon. Jedi have always been known for their faster reflexes - why not assume the Force can make them faster as a whole, too?

8. ExarKunundrum

ExarKunundrum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    It's something to do with warping time. In Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, Force Speed doesn't appear to make you any faster - it slows down everything around you, but the character remains unaffected.

Heh, once you get Level 3 Speed and become proficient with the lightsabre, you can rampage through a squad of stormtroppers and kill all of them before the first hits the ground.

9. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    You never saw that before?

It's a force power. GL is showing off the abilities of the Jedi in their prime. They are all senile as well since they seem to totally forget they have that ability at any other time, but hey...

10. HanandChewie

HanandChewie Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    It's supposed to be like that? I thought it was a glitch, it's horribly done.

11. JediSamurai

JediSamurai Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2005
    ^^^ My thoughts exactly.

12. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001

Actually I thought it was very well done, but it really REALLY needs to be done again, and more so.

The fact that obi-wan did not use it to cross the doors is becuase I think he was too tired from all the force flipping and force leaping (THAT is the equivilent of lukes leap in ep 5; you did not think all jedi could leap and somersault so high intot he air just because they squat a lot did you? They use the force, in the duels and even out of them, like when qui-gon force leaps onto amidala's ship to escape maul on tatooine, and obi-wan leaps out of the pit.) and that he did not want to risk the doors clsing on him and slicing him up.

Plus, it would alss not be a good idea to dash like that so fast at maul, and end up getting skewered.
    I hope we see this power used at least once more in ep 3, just like I hope maul's name is at least mentioedn in ep 3. I mean its like lucas wants the audience to believe ep 1 never happened. If he wanted that, he ought to have killed off jar jar inbetween ep 1 and ep 2, not make him a freaking senator!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.