main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force sensitives during the Emperor's reign

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Archetype, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archetype

Archetype Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2005
    I hope this is the right board to post this question - mods can kill if it isn't. Basically, setting the EU aside (I haven't read any of it), what do you think Palpatine did with force-sensitives who were born during the 20 or so years between his rise in ROTS and his death? He destroyed the Jedi bureaucracy that was capable of finding them and bringing them into the Order... but did he ever search for them himself, knowing what their powers could mean for him?

2. schmintan

schmintan Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    one of 3 things :
    1) kill them all as they could be a threat

2) train them as sith

3) nothing, as even people strong with the force cant use it without much training and as so wouldnt be much of a threat

3. Qui-Gon_Gin-n-Juice

Qui-Gon_Gin-n-Juice Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    It is not really covered. I think that they just went untrained. Training them would have been a potential problem/threat for the Empire and we know that both Luke and Leia were force sensitive but did not develop into Jedi until they were formally trained...assuming that Luke did eventually train Leia (ignoring EU).

I doubt that they were killed because it seems like there would be no need to acknowledge that the Jedi exist. Vader is assumed to be the last with ties to the old Jedi Order in ANH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.