main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force Souls

Discussion in 'Literature' started by dan-yoda, Feb 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan-yoda

dan-yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    In Dark Empire, Emperor Palpatine sent his soul into a clone and then lived again. I have three questions about that....

1. Can any old sith do that or is Palpatine special?
    2. Can a Jedi do it?
    3. Does it have to be a clone or can it be any old Joe Schmoe off the streets?

Thanks

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It is a power that ahs to be learned. Palpatine learned the technique from a holocron he stole from a Jedi Master he killed. Exar Kun seemingly knew the technique somewhat since he transferred his essence into the temples.

Jedi can do it, but it is considered a darkside ability I believe, for the most part- Callista did this to survive inside the Eye of Palpatine's computer systems, and eventually into Cray's body.

It can be anybody- Palpatine threatens as much in DE, and Callista's cicumstances seem to indicate he was telling the truth.

3. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    but seeing as how Callista could only touch the Dark Side of the Force (which technically doesn't exist according to Vergere :p ), it is considered a Dark Side technique.

4. Tramp

Tramp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    With out a doubt it is a Dark Side technique. Transfer Essence is one of the Darkest, and most unnatural, powers ever because you are forcing another?s soul from their body and replacing them with your own. It is one of the most evil things that you can do. that was why Callista lost her connection with the Force.

5. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    I thought Cray wanted Callista to do it, would it still be dark?

Then again, its been a while, I could be wrong.

6. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    According to the RPG, willing transferance is still dark side

but its not as dark side

7. Tramp

Tramp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    ? I thought Cray wanted Callista to do it, would it still be dark?

Then again, its been a while, I could be wrong.?

It is definately still an evil act, regardless of the willingness of the victim. What you are doing is supplanting someone elses spirit with your own; this is wrong no matter the circumstances. Because of this, the Force punished Callista by making her unable to touch the Force except through the ?Dark Side? (i.e. her base emotions). Callista had inadvertantly, and unknowingly, given herself to darkness through that one act, but refused conciously to do so, therefore, she had no access to the Force.

In the eyes of the Force, Callista should have died with the destruction of the Eye of Palpatine, and Cray should have continued living, even without her lover.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.