PT Force Speed

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by -NaTaLie-, Nov 24, 2012.

Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    They should have made the hill larger and steeper, and had the pair constantly leaping over one another until they reached the summit. Then Anakin breaks his ankle on the final leap and rolls all the way down into the lava.

Cinematic perfection.
  2. Felicia Jedi Knight

star 2
    I wondered why Obi-Wan did not use Force speed at the end of the Phantom Menace. It is unlikely that he would have ran into the pit because Jedi learn to use Control. So if he was able to control a light saber he should have been able to control his pace so that he would not fall into that reactor pit.
  3. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    Logically, if this power were easily available, there would be little reason not to make extensive use of it, and then we'd be looking at something much closer to Dragon Ball Z.
    rumsmuggler and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  4. CT-867-5309 Chosen One

star 5
    I love that they used the Force speed sound effect from video games.
  5. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
    i wasn't that impressed with the super sonic force run,

i expected them to wear lycra and fly after i saw that
  6. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    Probably because he was tired. He had to make a huge Force jump a few seconds before.

That video is a joke. Not to be taken seriously.
  7. Felicia Jedi Knight

star 2
    I know I have seen that video before. I just found it interesting that he did not try to get in there to help his Master. An inconsistency in the writing.
  8. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    An inconsistency in the post.
  9. Felicia Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was actually referring to the video that shows Obi Wan running through the beams in the to reach Darth Maul and Qui-Gon. That video has been around for awhile. Iev seen it before. ;)
  10. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    What's inconsistent?
  11. Samuel Vimes Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Probably that the Jedi get a power, to run at super speed, but then they don't use it in situations where it would have been usefull.

Bye for now.
    Old Stoneface
  12. Cantina Bassist Jedi Master

star 2
    Don't look for anything to make sense in the prequels unless you enjoy being disappointed.
  13. -NaTaLie- Force Ghost

star 4
    There's plenty of stuff in any given SW movie that doesn't make sense. This one is actually more like a small oversight.
  14. ezekiel22x Chosen One

star 5
    Don't look for OT criticism/nit-picking on the Internet unless you enjoy being disappointed.
    Cantina Bassist likes this.
  15. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    That's hardly an inconsistency. Just because you can run, doesn't mean you can do it all the time. Same with Force powers.

Thanks for your opinion.
    Valairy Scot likes this.
  16. Cantina Bassist Jedi Master

star 2
    Of course it is. What else would it be?
  17. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    Actually most people who are still capable of running can manage a short sprint for a hundred yards or so at almost any time. The adrenaline will carry them through if nothing else will. They might curl up in a ball and die at the end, but it's pretty rare that they'd be unable to even do it.
  18. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    I haven't played them in a while, but in JO/JA Force speeding near a pit is probably not the best idea...

Not to mention that it's often irrelevant during combat against another Force user, because when they see you use it they tend to use it themselves, which cancels out any advantage...
  19. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    As I said, he did a huge Force jump a few seconds before (not to mention the fatigue from the duel). I'd say it's understandable that he didn't use Force speed.

You presented it as a fact. You can't speak for anyone else other than yourself.
    Last edited by Alexrd, Dec 4, 2012
  20. CT-867-5309 Chosen One

star 5
    I think you can look at the slow motion parts of Anakin vs Dooku in AOTC as Force speed, if you want.

What would Force speed look like if they used it in a duel? The duelists can go at normal speed or have them go at a measured pace so the audience can see more, but slow down the background even more to make it look like they're moving superhumanly fast, like they do in the Matrix.
  21. Felicia Jedi Knight

star 2
    Obi wan was moving pretty fast against Darth Maul so fast in fact that he over powered him. I doubt Obi Wan was the least bit fatigued.
    Last edited by Felicia, Dec 4, 2012
  22. -NaTaLie- Force Ghost

star 4
    I think Obi-Wan could have used Force speed to get on board of Slave 1 in AOTC.
  23. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    First, Darth Maul overpowered Obi-Wan, not the other way around. And Obi-Wan had a burst of anger (dark side), which as we know, is more easy to access.

I see him fatigued.
  24. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    I never thought of that.
  25. Felicia Jedi Knight

star 2
    Obi wan snapped Darth Mauls saber in half and then chased him across the room. After that Darth Maul had to force push him away. Did anyone not see the worried look on Mauls face? Maul tried everything. A kick which Obi Wan flipped and the saber spun around and he kept going.
    Last edited by Felicia, Dec 4, 2012
Moderators: Bazinga'd