Force Unleashed 3, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Games' started by QuiWanKenJin, Apr 25, 2011.

1. QuiWanKenJin Force Ghost

star 3

Can someone clear this up? There are conflicting reports; one says the Force Unleashed III is canceled, the other says it isn't. Does anyone know what's going on? If they don't finish this story in a game they have to finish it in a book. They kinda of left us hanging.
  2. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i frankly don't care either way. they've screwed things up so thoroughly that i refuse to consider this cannon, and from what i heard about the second game it was barely worth playing. but all reports i've heard have it canceled. they fired the entire team that worked on it, so i'd be somewhat surprised if there was a third.
  3. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Please. I'd like to see Vader causing holy hell, especially considering he let himself be captured. The Dark Apprentice requires closure, ditto Starkiller. If we can put together some new threat for Starkiller, Juno and Kota to sod off and go deal with I'll be even happier.
  4. CT-867-5309 Force Ghost

star 5
  5. Darth_Furio Belated Monthly Winner - Streak for Colours

Game Winner
    star 7
    This.

TFU II was useless.
  6. xoubara Force Ghost

star 2
    No.

If lucasarts wants a true jedi game, just bring back Kyle Katarn.
  7. QsAssistant Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I say yes! I would love to find out what happens to Starkiller and the group. They left us on too big a cliff hanger to just not end it. The only bad thing about TFU 2 was the short story, in my opinion. If they can come up with a great script they need to make a third; also, multiplayer would be nice.
  8. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    QFT. As long as there's full motion video featuring Jason motherloving Court.
  9. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    why was the entire team fired?
  10. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    don't really know. i think because lucasarts wanted to cut down costs or something.
  11. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Eh...no. If there was truly a cringe-worthy aspect to JK it definitely was those godsdamn putrid FMVs.

"Cut down costs?" Gee, here I thought they were simply scuttling the company. :p

Regardless, from the moment I saw that damn teaser on the '09 VGA show, I knew from the start what a bad idea TFU2 was. The first game was rather decent and, decently enough, it had a clear cut beginning, middle and end with Rhett's noble sacrifice. And that shouldve been that. But nooooo. Some idiot at LA decided that it'd be one damn good idea to revive the character somehow and give us an unwanted sequel based on a putrid premise. Somewhere along the way, one disaster followed another and, well, you all know what happened and where LA is now.
  12. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Game companies frequently "Fire entire team"s. Then they might hire them back again (either as a group or individuals) when they have another project.

I hated FU1.
    Saw the trailer for FU2: it looked like fanboy drool, but totally out of keeping with the 'real' SW universe.

Should there be a FU3? F-bomb to that!!!
  13. xoubara Force Ghost

star 2
    I second this.

In a different topic, I've read that Lucasarts and Epic Games (Gears of War, Bulletstorm, Shadow Complex) have signed a deal to use the unreal engine 3 for internal developments.

I may be minority, but I think all those changes in Lucasarts are for good.
  14. whateveritis12 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'd like to see another type of Republic Commando game. Which if that above statement is true, I think it would definitely be worth getting.

But a Force Unleashed 3? Meh, I'd probably give it a look, but they definitely need to learn how to make the game naturally longer (longer story being the biggest improvement need). I love the game play, it just needs more than the "holy crap I'm playing as a Jedi and I take the whole size matters not saying to heart" to be a great game.
  15. QuiWanKenJin Force Ghost

star 3

I would have preferred that they not produce Force Unleashed II. However, because they did and they left it with an open ended ending, they have to make a third one to tie up lose ends. Hopefully no more after that, and then they move on to a new story. Here is the news I have heard so far; Paul Meegan the new VP at Lucasarts fired the production team that worked on the Force Unleashed titles. Due to this it was assumed that Force Unleashed III got the ax. However Meegan it seems did not fire Julio Torres one of the designers who worked on these games. Torres claims the reports of Force Unleashed III getting axed were greatly exaggerated, and that LA still has plans for a third title. They just don't know what they are going to do yet. They still have enough room between the ending of Force Unleashed II and Episode IV: A New Hope to conclude their story. If there is a third I don't think there will be any more after that. Does anyone know more?
  16. TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yes please. I miss good ol Katarn.

I thought TFU was okay. But TFU2 was just pretty to look at. Amazing graphics, nothing else really.

EDIT: I mean I like the story and characters of TFU but the games itself were so hyped that I was so disappointed with them gameplay and length wise.
  17. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    I didn't really care for the gameplay of TFU, but I thought the story was good. Then with TFU II, the gameplay still wasn't good and the story was short and bad. I couldn't care less about having another TFU game, and if they aren't going to make TFU III, they can still write a comic or short novel or something to wrap up any loose ends in the story.

If they do make TFU III, I'll probably just watch the cut scenes on Youtube to see what happens.
  18. Ki-Adi Bundi Jedi Master

star 4
    I liked TFU 2, but hated TFU 3. Why? Story is too short, and bad, eeewww!!!

I want my money back! God, I'm never going to buy another game in this series...
  19. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    I wouldn't even say TFUII was pretty to look at myself. Apart from outdoor enviroments on Cato Neimoidia and the rain effects on Kamino TFUII seemed like it had a graphical downgrade.

For example, I was rather dismayed when I noticed explosions weren't rendered in full three-dimensional glory, but were actually two-dimensional and were at a shockingly low resolution.
  20. Ichor_Razor Force Ghost

star 2
    That, and things like Force Lightning and Jet Trooper projectiles look crappier in comparison to the 1st game (Though I think such graphical downgrades were necessary in order to compensate for the extra enemies on screen and the ability to hack off limbs and such, especially since the Game Engines TFU & TFU2 run on take up enough space as it is).
  21. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Maybe on your system, but on the Wii it was a very much needed upgrade, considering the below lacklustre graphics of the first one.

If there ever is a TFUIII I'll wager it will provide resolution to the series and therefore eventually people will look upon # 2 a bit more favorably.
  22. cggunnersmate Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    The first game was mainly held back by too many glitches, repetitive missions (do we really need to play almost EVERY level twice) and not enough exposition. They cut way too much of the plot and dialog from the novel out of the game (not that there was a whole lot in the book). Gameplay was okay, at least you could mix your powers up a little bit to defeat enemies (not much though). Inifite lightsaber blocking enemies!!!!!!!!!

TFUII. Same problems as the first, glitches: maybe not as many but still there. Main issues: Really weak plot, WAAY too short, lack of exposition compared to the novel (very short itself), only 3 levels (I don't count Dabobah, Kamino twice= 1 level), repetitive enemies, aside from storm troopers, pretty much every other enemy is 1 Force power specific, inifite lightsaber blocking enemies!!!!!

Still, I do want resolution to the story and would be content with a well written, well plotted out novel if that's all I can get. If they do another game they need to actually read all the criticisms and work to fix them next time!

AND STOP MAKING ME PAY FOR DLC THAT SHOULD HAVE COME FREE WITH THE FRICKING GAME!
  23. LordSilvertouch Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, real decent of Lucasarts to give us Wii-owners an actual Wii-game for TFU2 and not just a PS2 port.
  24. StarkRhavyn Jedi Master

star 3
    Nah, skip a Force Unleashed 3 and try and bring some sort of version of Old Republic to the consoles.
  25. Nobody145 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd say no, even with TFUII's cliffhanger ending. TFU was bad enough, the only good thing about it was that Starkiller was dead. Although TFU was probably the only game where I prefer the darkside ending as that shows that Palpatine is still in charge. Then TFUII was even worse, almost literally bringing him back to life then ending on a cliffhanger. While it'd be nice to see that cliffhanger resolved (though we all know what eventually happens to Vader of course), I'd rather not have to put up with yet another horrible story. Well, not unless you get to play as Vader rather than his overpowered not-so-Secret Apprentice, but that's not likely. Not even the novels or comic adaptations can do anything with this weak of a story (and I"m pretty sure its not just a bad author as his other non-TFU SW novel wasn't that bad). Even just killing Starkiller might not be enough anymore since they opened that can of worms of cloning, and unlike clones in just about every other work, these clones seem really close to the original, so its going to be hard to get rid of him after this. Its possible, but the first game was sorta fine as standalone, now we're stuck with a cliffhanger with no continuation in sight, so better to just forget about the series altogether.