main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force Unleashed 3, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by QuiWanKenJin, Apr 25, 2011.

1. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005

I don't know what game you played that caused you to hate it so much. But it couldn't have been Force Unleashed 3, since it doesn't exist o_O, yet if at all. That is what this thread is theorizing about. [face_laugh]

2. Jedirockstar1138

Jedirockstar1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2011
    considering how the second one ended, we need to closure. TFU III has serious potential, but I guess we'll never know. My biggest request is that if it ever does get made then VADER SHOULD NOT LOOK SO WEAK. I'm sick of Starkiller pwning him every chance he gets, it needs to be the other way around. Yeah As much as I hate how every game nowadays becomes a trilogy, this is one case where the story does need to be completed, because TFU II was a let-down cliffhangar.

3. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    This. And we need a resolution to the ending of TFU II...:oops:

4. Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia Jedi Knight

May 16, 2011
    I'd love and hope they do a FU3, Liked the story of the first, and really liked the seconed also...Yes it was a very short game, but I enjoyed it.
    Aw also, was disapointed they didnt have a confrontation with Boba Fett...as the ad's suggested.

5. Jedi_Corin_Daan

Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 6, 2010
    YES, YES, YES!!! Please explain what happens to Starkiller and Juno and Kota and how Vader escapes Rebel custody.

6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I think the only closure you'll get will happen with either a DLC or a logical, fill-in-the-blanks and very, very off-screen series of events:

1) Vader let himself be captured.
    2) The Dark Apprentice as well as other cloaked assasins snuck inside that ship.
    3) They get to wherever it is they're going.
    4) Vader and the cloaks troop uncloak and start causing holy hell.
    5) Staaaaaaaaarkiller manages to kill Vader's minions, but in the end him along with Kota and Juno are killed.
    6) The SW canon resumes its course after that nasty hiccup.
    7) The end.

7. Jedi_Corin_Daan

Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 6, 2010
    Sith....They always think the darkside has the last word.............:rolleyes:

8. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    PLEASE NO! I just bought TFU2 and played it casually for about three days and I gotta say I was unimpressed! It seemed more like an add on to the first game than anything. The story seemed rushed and convoluted and there were only four real locations that you went to. And honestly the Dagobah level was kind of just a filler it seemed so you could get more force powers in order to gear you up for Kamino. The levels were long and tedious, and the "bosses" battles seemed to take forever. Initially I was enjoying it, but once I got to Vader and realized that this was the last level I was like "damn I wasted my money!" No thanks for a third installment, I haven't even had the second one for a full week and I'm ready to trade it in. Give up this crappy plotline and make a game worth playing....say like a new Battlefront? Or some kind of sandbox style game that takes place on Coruscant. Howabout a Coruscant Nights game in the same vein as LA Niore? Oh, and part of the reason I got this was because the trailer made it look awesome, unfortunately it was not. It's going to take a little more than weilding dual sabers and one feeble new force power (jedi mind trick) to sucker me in next time. This game sucked, give it up Lucas an company.

9. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    if someone could make a game like TFU, with the quality level of a kotr game i am in. But this series is pathetic. here is hoping kinect star wars has something to offer

10. SinisterSamurai

SinisterSamurai Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2011
    LucasArts is great at concepting and generating ideas, but seems to have a distinct problem with the execution of gameplay. Force Unleashed sold well because of Marketing, but it had some very obvious problems. I'm not even sure they went through an industry-standard debugging/play testing phase, but if they did then the problems are worse than I thought. Everything about TFUII was even more extreme. The focus seemed to shift further away from development towards a stronger marketing campaign, and it shows. Force Unleashed III would probably be better off simply as a CG movie.

LFL and Lucas Arts know how to sell, and they know good surface-level production values. But, maybe because they keep firing all of their programmers after every project and therefore don't retain any veterans, they can't get the gameplay to really click. To me, it seems that they look at the competition, and say: "How can make ours look like that without spending that sort of money?"

If they wanted to make a good game, they'd outsource the games to studios that have critically and commercially successful games in the genre. I think the best chance for a success would be to combine the artists and writers at LucasArts with Criterion Studios (Burnout/Need For Speed) to create a podracer game or ProjectAces (Ace Combat) to develop a starfighter game. Just make sure that LA sticks to creating assets and you leave the actual game developing to the guys who know what they're doing.

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    My main problem with #2 was it was just too short, so if they made #3, I'd probably play it.

That said, the way to save the series is to play #3 as Vader, escaping caputure, travelling exotic locales and purging any jedi/rebels, dropping a planet on Starkiller, etc. Stomp out the storyline completely and sets the stage for ANH. More open worldish than linear platforming....Basically, I want Assasins Creed: Darth Vader. It won't happen, but I would weep with joy if it were even partially like that.

12. The_Jedihunter

The_Jedihunter Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2009
    ^That would be B.A.

I would love to see TF3 to be Vader's Story.

13. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I honestly WOULD like to see a Force Unleashed 3 at some point in the future.

I really liked #1. The game was fun even if the story didn't jive with the rest of the EU. But then, I'm not a continuity freak so story problems like TFU had generally don't bother me.

The second one disappointed me pretty badly. We get, what, 4 locations? And 1 of those we visit twice, and 1 can't even really be called a level. It was half the game it should have been. And I generally liked what they were trying to do with Starkiller. Is he a clone or isn't he? The problem is they never really go into it. Which is a shame, I think.

So, yeah, I really would like to see TFU's story wrapped up. But I don't want to see it until Lucasarts can get its act together and start producing quality games again.

14. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    I want to see closure. Yes the story in The Force Unleashed 2 was short. That was the main problem with that game. I think there are so many possiblities and to explain how starkiller and the rebels capture him. Vader obviously did it to help the empire find the rebel base.

They could easily go to the planets of Alderran, Dantoonie, maybe Endor, Hoth and Tattoonie, Utapau, and end at Mustafar. We could see infamous rebel base mentioned in episode IV. Tie Alderran into episode IV. We never really saw a good scene of alderran. Just it blown up in IV and saw tantive IV flying towards a city. Mustufar is where starkiller could battle vader one last time. Maybe best vader one last time and the emperor has to come up and save him like in episode III. Vader never achieved his true potential. Also maybe see the completed death star at the end. Throw in bothans stealing the plans of the death star. Maybe starkiller could help bothans steal the plans and sacrfice himself in order for them to esacpe with the plans.

15. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I think SW Kinect might be some sort of mini-game collection set in the SW universe.

16. darthsolo1717

darthsolo1717 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2011
    I would greatly enjoy it. I myself would enjoy playing Darth Vader. The Chosen One himself, trained in the ways of the dark side by the Emperor? What better way to unleash the Force than employ the use of Vader as the main character?

17. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    No, I honestly don't want TFU III. The first game was alright, but nothing compared to the hype. The second game was practically an insult to everyone who bought it, especially compared to the even bigger hype by Lucasarts. I feel that with the depatrure of a large amount of Lucasarts workers, a third game's quality could only go downhill from here.

On the other hand, I quite enjoyed the novels by Sean Williams. Darth Vader's capture and Starkiller's identity are certainly things that need closure so I am all for a concluding novel or comic.

18. darthsolo1717

May 31, 2011
    Don't you think fistofan that if they swapped things around a bit, did a little shake up and changed the game, say, have Vader as a main character, Force Unleashed 3 would be worth it? =)

19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Making Vader the main character won't fix the horribly boring and repetitive gameplay they have depended on.

I don't see how it would fix that abomination of a story they started, either.

20. darthsolo1717

May 31, 2011
    True, true, but playing Vader and kicking ass would, let's face it, redeem wimpy-Vader and the stuff they put him through and make him one of the most powerful Dark Lords of the Sith once again.

21. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    I like your idea darth. It would be nice to see this series end with the Empire winning. You know, just to see what it would be like.

22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Unfortunately, it has to be made. We need closure to the series, becuase at the end of the game Vader is in rebel custody and that cannot be before A new hope. Either way this game even if it turns out bad will be better than what I've seen of kinect star wars. Now that blows.

23. Starkiller13

Starkiller13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2011
    I dont understand what everyone is complaining about the only thing that i disliked about the two force unleashed games was and only was the short story of 2 it had great potential but it sorta felt like a final level to the first one they could have easily thrown in a level or two in with yoda
    But yes i would love a three starkiller is my favorite of all time i love it when he owns vader the weird thing is though vader was my favorite until force unleashed
    starkiller is the most powerful of them all at every turn he has proved that and been denied his glory and victory
    And i would definatley play three period
    But actually playing as vader is a good idea but if they did that i would want the last boss fight to switch it up and you take control of starkiller again

24. judis9198

judis9198 Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2011
    I wouldn't mind seeing another FU but it doesn't necessarily have to be with Starkiller and that whole plot line. The FU games are fun to play and great games with the exceptions of some of the storyline.

25. DarthKasslar

DarthKasslar Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2011
    wah? i diddnt even know that they were making a 3rd force unleashed game

overall i did not like the first 2 anyways, unbelievable how it takes place in between episodes 3 and 4 and are to repetitive, good graphics though, i guess if you consider them non canon (like i do) the story isnt bad.