Force Unleashed 3, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Games' started by QuiWanKenJin, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    It's unbelievable because it shows that stuff happened between RotS and ANH?
  2. Starkiller13 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I agree what is so unbelievable it makes a lot of sense, and explains a lot of things
  3. Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Master

star 3
    What is it about TFU that people don't like (other than the short gameplay and relatively easy levels)? The story seemed good to me, as did the characters. Vader having a secret apprentice was in keeping with the intentions he shared with Padme in ROTS, and his attempt to turn Luke in ESB. Starkiller himself is the personification of the powerful Jedi knight. All the talk about how strong the Force is in previous movies/games didn't really add up to the hype until Starkiller's entrance.
  4. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
    There are too many things to mention, of which I only know about a few myself.

Things that tend to be sticking points relate to Leia's involvement in TFU 1, and Jedi in the Rebellion in general. I always perceived Luke's Jedi-ness as a 'wow' factor for the Rebels, Kota and Galen sort of detract from that slightly.

There is also the way that Vader just gets owned, constantly.

Someone else I'm sure could fill you in further.
  5. DarthKasslar Jedi Padawan

WARNING! IF YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN TFU AND TFU2 DON'T READ BELOW!

ya because its hard to explain but like between those 2 movies (rots and anh) there were only 2 jedi still alive obi wan and Yoda (im talking about canon-wise i haven't read any non canon books or anything to prove there were more jedi at that time, im just going by the movies), then in tfu Darth Vader finds a boy who he trains as his new padawan and in both endings of those games either vader dies or starkiller becomes a cyborg LOL unbelievable they could of done 2 better endings then that and as for the force unleashed 2 the story was actually kinda cool if you look at it in a non canon perspective, reason being is because you dont know if ur playing as the real starkiller or not, leaving alot of mystery, as for the endings they still kinda sucked as well, my whole point is that they should of lead tfu2 up to a new hope and make sense out of it since most people i know like to believe these games should be in place with the canon of the actual movies, overall there alright games if you look at them as just typical starwars games but if you put them into the actual starwars original/prequel trilogy canon its just unbelievable and weird.

as far as game-play wise for both games i diddnt like them, i found it too repetitive and annoying using the same force powers over and over and over again, no strategy involved just use different moves and kill enemy's but the story-lines for both aren't too bad, the characters Were cool and everything aswell and i liked the skins and saber crystals witch added some extra fun to the games

im not trying to bash on these games, i dont hate either of them and there good games but i just find them boring, ive beaten both games and there not bad but there not that good either,i think its cause there too short for me and im to used to playing kotor and kotor 2 were those are long games if you do all the extra quests and do everything.

again this is just my own opinion, i know lots of people who love these games but i find that the only way they make sense is if you read to much into them making it cryptic and confusing.

i think its cause i haven't played the dlc for both these games, if i did maybe thats why its not making at sense to me.

6. IG_2000 Force Ghost

star 4
    They gotta just bring closure to the trilogy. Hell, even if its just a tiny three level bonus campaign that comes tacked onto Battlefront III.

I think these games are underrated, the only real down point IMO is the short campaign with no multiplayer.
  7. T-rex-Jedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I agree with IG on this. They have to at least explain how Vader escaped if they do make a FUIII. After that, my very little interest in the FU series will end.
  8. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    No, there shouldn't be a 3. I also hope there isn't one.

If they are going to bring closure to the story, they shouldn't make another half-hearted game (see: TFUII). They can bring closure to it through a comic or a book or a web-series or some such. It's obvious from TFUII they don't care about the game or it's story at all. The Force Unleashed II was so pathetically short and contrived and wrapped up so quickly; right as the game gained it's steam it just fell apart and ended. It all felt so forced (literally no pun intended).
    The entirety of the game felt like the first half of a whole game. Was this part one or two or three? Jeez. Really sad. The developers and story writers seemed to put so much time and effort into the first, they wanted to bring a new chapter out of Star Wars but instead just let it fold up and fail. They dropped the ball, plain and simple.

Whether it was the whole thing with Hayden Blackman that cut the story short, or if this was just their way of whetting the collective appetite of the fans, the length really soured II. There were other faults in it too, but this isn't the "Bash the hell out of II" thread, so I'll leave it be. If they want to close off Starkiller/Juno/Kota/Vader arc they should release some 80 MS point DLC and just end it all.
  9. Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Master

star 3
    It seems that Lucas Arts has done that to some of their latest SW games. KOTOR II for example. It was an excellent game. Graphics and gameplay were great, the story potential and quests were really cool. But the end of the game leaves you feeling like "What in the world was that?!" In KOTOR, the great thing was the story behind the game. But in the second game it felt like the game makers just cut it short and decided to end the game rather than finish the story (there are several side quests, and even main quests, that are never fully finished). Lucas Arts needs to hire some real gamers to produce the games and stop trying to cut corners.

If they do a TFU III, it should be at least as long as both games combined. The complaints I've heard from everyone is that these games were way too short, so fix that before you try to sell another one in the series.
  10. CT-867-5309 Chosen One

star 5
    With KOTOR2, the game was cut short. LucasArts pulled their budget and moved up the release date way ahead of schedule.

The game was nowhere near complete, but Obsidian had to throw together the rest of the story to get the game out.

The game literally is unfinished. It's like they just stopped about 75% of the way through. The ending wasn't what they had planned, there are way too many bugs, the combat is heavily imbalanced, the graphics were somehow worse than KOTOR1, quests are missing, even a significant portion of the dialogue is missing.

I wonder if LucasArts did the same to TFU2.
  11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    Thing is, TFUII was so bad that I really don't care what happens next. The story was all over the place, which was quite an accomplishment considering how short it was.
  12. JediMatteus Force Ghost

star 5
    i say no, unless they can make a quality game for once.
  13. Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Master

star 3
    Yes, there are obvious holes in the game (KOTOR II that is). Which is sad since it had great potential. It's really disappointing when the suits flex their muscle that way and ruin a good game. Our "time is money" society is killing quality, and here is one example. I bet if they had spent as much time writing the plot for TFUII as they did developing the graphics, it would be epic.
  14. darthsolo1717 Jedi Master

star 1
    I agree.

It filled up the gap very neatly, I think.

The only thing people seem to not like is Starkiller. They think he's overpowered and it's stupid that he defeated Vader. Personally I found him defeating the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history pretty far-fetched too.
  15. CT-867-5309 Chosen One

star 5
    I find Starkiller's very existence to be annoying. Back in the day I had this idea that Luke was special, that he was the only Jedi the Rebellion had, that he was their "new hope", a difference maker they never had before.

As the years have gone by it turns out that Jedi were all over the galaxy and, what do ya know, the Rebellion was basically founded by a Jedi.

Not to mention that every single thing about Starkiller is incredibly shallow, from his ridiculously overpowered abilities to his lame inverted lightsaber grip. It's like his entire character is designed to be "cool" in every way. The inverted grip, and its rising popularity, pisses me off to no end.

And yes, Vader getting owned repeatedly by some newb is agitating, as it just serves as further mutilation of a once total badass character.
  16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah the increasing stories of Jedi escaping Order 66 really takes away a lot of the impact of both the OT and ROTS for me.
  17. Darth_Gamek Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    He was the only one (to my knowledge) to do so, so I didn't have that big of a problem with it.
  18. Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Master

star 3
    How is it that everyone thinks that any one particular Sith Lord (Vader, Sidius, Malgus, Bane, etc.) was the most powerful Sith Lord in all the galatic history? That's not how I would describe Vader/Anakin anyway. There were several other characters more powerful than he was.
  19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    I think they're talking about Sidious anyway though.
  20. Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Master

star 3
    Either way, it just seems ridiculous to label any one as the "all time most powerful Sith". How do you compare them? Malgus sacked the Jedi Temple. Sidius masked his presence and infiltrated the Senate. Nihilus consumed whole planets. Sion kept his body from completely dying. Etc. A good solid case could be made for each of these that they were the greatest Sith Lord ever.
  21. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    Why? Yoda and Obi-Wan returned to the Jedi temple to decode the beacon telling Jedi to come back. The point of this was to, um, protect Jedi and keep them from dying in Order 66. Yeah...

Malgus didn't sack the temple on his own. He had a horde of Sith to accompany him, as well as a Bounty Hunter. Nihilus and Sion are from video games, just like Revan, so why would they be considered canon? Just like Starkiller, they were overpowered for the benefit of the game, though Darth Sion less than Revan, Nihilus, Starkiller, etc.

Palpatine pretty much deceived the entire Republic as well as the Jedi Order to overthrow [pretty much] everyone and become the Emperor. Sounds like the most powerful to me.
  22. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
    Vassago - Nihilus, Scion, Revan, etc etc are Canon. All games / books / comics etc are all Canon unless explicitly stated otherwise (infinities, for instance).

Back to the game, I don't understand what the devs were doing... Most of the time (I might be slightly hopeful by saying 'most') the first foray is normally a learning curve, with the further entries being the better title (see the battlefront series, xwing/tie series, dark forces, uncharted, etc). With TFU2 it was just total moneygrabbing with a total ballsack for a game...
  23. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    Eh. That's a stretch. That may be what Authors, Developers and even Lucas says but it doesn't fit with the continuity of the films.
  24. MasterDillon Jedi Master

star 2
    Honestly I loved the gameplay of TFU II, it had better lightsaber combos, and the gameplay overall was better. The story though literally sucked. It stinks that you have to duel Vader a second time, and the rebels capture him. It would have been more realistic to have had a duel between the two Galen Marek clones or whatever that version of Starkiller was. Still I do think that for the sake of the story that they finish the series, and move on. The fact that they could clone Galen freaked me out though I mean I know that Joruus C'boath cloned Luke Skywalker, but to see it in a video game just really creeps me out.
  25. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
    Where doesn't it fit with the continuity of the films?

Games with multiple endings (like TFU 1 / KOTOR) have one ending that is 'Canon' and others that aren't.

If something doesn't fit with the continuity of the films, it's probably unintentional and one of the reasons people tend to hate on a certain game as someone at LFL then has to come up with a retcon to explain why something happened a certain way.