main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Force Unleashed 3, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by QuiWanKenJin, Apr 25, 2011.

1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Actually, he MADE it happen.

Right idea.
    Wrong decade.

2. DEATHCONQUEROR

DEATHCONQUEROR Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2011
    They have to make a third one! I would hate for this to be left open ended. And if or when they do, I hope they add new content which I think would be great in the following:
    - double bladed lightsabers
    - more force powers
    - more lightsaber variants period
    - more costumes
    - and finally, it would be sick if they added a zombies mode where you could be any given character and wield any given lightsaber combo varient and unleash your power on hordes of star wars zombies from joe schreibers death troopers and red harvest. You would get to choose what zombies you'd want to face whether that be rebel, imperial, or sith zombies. You would get points and medals based on how many hordes you survived. Plus since your dealing with zombies, the violence would be much more graphic and intense than TFU 2.

3. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    so you are saying that the force unleashed shouldn't be canon since it somewhat detracts from the movies. yet i bet you are on of the fans that believe boba escaping the sarlacc is canon.. how ironic since the movie clearly shows boba fett being eaten and the sarlac burping. which means the novels directly contridict the movies. which are the highest levels of canon.

4. Micro_Chip

Micro_Chip Jedi Knight

Aug 10, 2011
    The first Force Unleashed had a great story IMO. The second, had potential but it didn't deliver. There should be a third one if not just to "Fix" what they've done to the continuity (bringing back Marek, Rebels with a MASSIVE fleet that's capable of fighting the Empire 1on1, Kota still alive etc...).

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    they better make part 3

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I never really like the idea of doing a second game but given how it ended I think they should do a 3rd one just to round off the story properly (even though the first one had a perfectly good resolution they could have left alone).

7. skywalkerz

skywalkerz Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2005
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fan_fic/news/?a=24791

This should be of interest to you speculators.

8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    blecch!

9. skywalkerz

skywalkerz Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2005
    Don't like it?

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I have Force Unleashed 2 on PC, but I don't know how to get the DLC alternate-Endor Dark Side mission. Is it available for the PC version, if so where can I get it?

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The Endor DLC is not available for PC. I haven't bought the second game because the PC version is weaker than the consoles. No reflection, no wet effects, hidden DLC, etc... Not worth the money.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Seems like a standard porting job to me. I have an XBox controller on my PC so I use the same controls as the console game.
    I hope they do a revised edition at some point, they released the Ultimate Sith Edition of TFU 1 on PC and that was good.

13. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    No thank you, I honestly think they should've stopped with the first game, that was pretty good, the second one's story is just awful, I can't imagine what TFU 3 would bring.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm interested only in terms of what direction the story was going in, the end of TFU 2 was interesting. But the game overall wasn't great and the overall plot idea of TFU 2 was stupid, should have left it with part 1

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The first one by itself was fine. I read the book, the comic and played the game. For the 2nd one I read the book and the comic but not the game. If that was going to be the ending no way was I going to play it. I just want a book to see if Del Rey can write a satisfactory ending so I can decide if it is Rebel Propaganda or not.

16. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    The 1st one was good, but the sequel was unnecessary. Starkiller started up the rebellion & died to ensure it's survival, nothing more needs to be done with his character.

However, if we were talking about a sequel having him being cryogenically frozen & brought back to life ala the Lazarus Project many years in the future, long after the Empire has fallen, maybe by some sith cult or even in the legacy/pre-legacy era by Darth Krayt or someone else THEN maybe it could work.

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Your idea for a sequel has merit. I like it

18. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Beats what we got with TFU 2.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    No argument from me. That ending was the most appalled I have been when reading a book. Never played the game because of that

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It would be interesting to have Starkiller post ROTJ, but then Vader would be dead and the story largely is about Vader

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    With TFU2 they should have used a new main character with Kota serving as the main link between games. But yes, they should (and probably will) do a third game to finish up the story.