main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Force Unleashed DEMO released

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by thesilverspyder, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesilverspyder

thesilverspyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    I'm sure most of you already know this, but you can download a DEMO version of the Force Unleashed on XBOX Live and the PSN. It's freakin' awesome. It lets you explore many HUGE force powers.

Let me give you an example... there is a TIE coming your way blasting you, you force push a freaking beam from the platform you're on into it's flight path, making it shear off a wing and spin into a fireball. Yeah, I'm sold.

2. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Ok, I haven't read much about this game, and have only gotten some of the figures, but I had a few questions about this game.
    And in case I'm asking something someone doesn't want to know, I'm going to put it invisible so it's harder to read and say.

SPOILERS!! If you'd like to see or try to answer my questions, please highlight.

1- According to an article I read, Vader's apprentice is called Starkiller. Is that correct? That's very interesting, especially if you know the back history of the Star Wars story drafts.

2- Also, the article said that the Force Unleashed story line takes place only 2 years before Episode IV. I was under the impression when the game was first talked about, it was supposed to take place fairly soon after Revenge of the Sith. So which is it?

3- Also, a main plot point during the game is that Starkiller ends up forming or at least unifying the Rebel Alliance. So is that also true?

It's interesting how this game may be a major tie together between the two trilogies, while also leaving plenty of room for the live action series.

Anyway, PM me if anyone knows these answers if you want to keep the SPOILERS down here in the forum for those who want to play the game and find out the events, asked and answered, for themselves.

Thanks!

3. R2pota2

R2pota2 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    kind of off topic but would anyone be interested in a wii remote lightsabre cover case for use in this game when it comes out? I was thinking about doing them with pvc plastics and such and doing it like the sports baseball bats and golf club that wii has already produced. If I can get it looking pretty good I'll make a few extra.

4. thesilverspyder

Nov 11, 2007
    1. IDK
    2. After Sith
    3. Yes

5. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    Regarding #2, obviously it's after Sith, but when about? i've read two articles that support the time frame I stated above.

6. thesilverspyder

Nov 11, 2007
    #1 is confirmed, but all Lucasarts have said about the game is "...takes place over a period of several years."

So I guess we'll have to wait and see.

7. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    Here's what I know now. Spoilers!

The game starts out with you playing Vader and finding the boy who will be Vader's secret apprentice. So it starts out soon after Sith and quickly transitions into a couple years before A New Hope.

Some things that we can look forward too, as far as story:
    1. Another evolution from Clone Troopers to Stormtroopers in their costumes at the first.
    2. The scenes of the Rebel Alliance being officially formed
    3. Scenes with Princess Leia
    4. More of the Death Star being built
    5. And probably some scenes with the Emperor
    6. And most importantly, Vader being a bad-ass again, like we saw him in A New Hope and Empire.
    7. Oh...and Chad Vader's voice as Darth Vader (kind of ruins it for me but better than some I've heard).

Sounds good. I may have to pick up the book.

8. thesilverspyder

Nov 11, 2007
    #7 kind of rules!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.